+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

MayaSa

Sep 20, 2019
Hi everyone,
This is my first time here. I submitted an application to sponsor my mother, and it was received on June 12, 2019. It is September 20 today, and i still do not have any AOR. I called customer service, and they said there is a temporary application started, but at this point, i cant do anything but wait for an AOR. Is anybody in the same boat? I am worried that my file is lost, or might be being returned since its taking so long. Please advise.

deleter

Star Member
May 16, 2019
Hi everyone,
This is my first time here. I submitted an application to sponsor my mother, and it was received on June 12, 2019. It is September 20 today, and i still do not have any AOR. I called customer service, and they said there is a temporary application started, but at this point, i cant do anything but wait for an AOR. Is anybody in the same boat? I am worried that my file is lost, or might be being returned since its taking so long. Please advise.
see the tracker
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1B_YAyszLcUxbfe0ur7WPZRPJ0y2COpRJSt8Ce19yrhI/edit#gid=945174368

nshakelly

Nov 23, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Inland
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi everyone,
My file was received on July 17, 2019 and I don't have an update as well. As per my knowledge, it is June 3rd to 5th applicants, who are receiving their AORs.
We may have to wait for couple more weeks to hear back.

nayr69sg

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
Hi everyone,
My application was received May 21. I got my AOR on Aug 13. I think it should be soon for you

PGP_Coast

Star Member
Mar 13, 2019
I wish I knew about parent's death certificate being a required document, before applying. Why do they not put it in the document checklist if they are gonna ask for it later on!?
I think I will have to mail my father's death certificate today. I faxed it on August 29th but never got any acknowledgment of reception and when I call CIC they have no clue about anything which is frustrating!
I have received sponsor approval email and also passed medical but I am not sure if the death certificate was requested as an additional document for the sponsor part or the principal applicant part. on Ecas, the request shows under sponsor but also shows in my mother's MYCIC account!
You'll never receive an acknowledgement for parent death certificate from IRCC. If you received SA and medical request that means they have received it.

Reactions: deleter

calgary17

Mar 11, 2017
London, ON
A question for those applicants who's parents applied for a super visa prior to the PGP sponsorship where biometrics were requested for the parents for the super visa and obviously held on file. After speaking with an agent at the IRCC today, i was informed that when the PGP application progresses (currently in process), the IRCC will again ask for the biometrics to be carried out which seems really odd considering they have a shelf life of 10 years (in my parents application). Can anyone confirm whether this is true or false and the agent explicitly informed me how much knowledge and experience he has had with dealing with issues like this.
It is true, biometrics provided for super/visitor visa are valid for 10 years only for another super/visitor visa.
For PR applications, a new biometrics is required.
I don’t know the reason behind it, but that is what cic’s website says.
Exceptions are given to some people whose parents were present in Canada at the application submission time, but those exceptions were even given to people who never did bio in the past.

I know it is strange as biometrics are the same and should not be requested again for PR application but that is how it is.

Reactions: robreeves

Darjeeling_Man

Star Member
Dec 29, 2018
Toronto
It's not mandatory to do it in the home country, but they cannot do it in Canada. You should wait till they did the BIO (and also the medical probably) along with PCC before they move here.

If you have US visa, you can do the bio in US. PCC and medical can be done in Canada.
For doing PCC in Canada, do they have to show that they have been in the country for a minimum amount of time? My Mum is in the US right now, if she comes up here for say just a week to get PCC, would that be OK? (Getting PCC in US is slower, posters on this forum said it can be got in a day here from CGI Toronto).

GBH

Jul 25, 2014
Hey Guys I received biometrics request today through mycic linked app
Everything still says in process , what does this mean

Smileforu

Jan 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2010
Doc's Request.
April 2010
File Transfer...
April 2010 ! March 2012 6-12 months wait letter
Nothing happening in New Delhi office additional document requested and submitted last month no medical request yet..
Any changes in your MYCIC ? Does it show acknowledgement for your document or they 'We are reviewing" additional documents ?

llyy2234

Sep 20, 2019
@YULIA-2016
Good afternoon,
Please add me on the spread sheet.
Parents Country of Citizenship: China
Sponsor Province: SK
Parents: father (principal applicant), mother (dependent)
Received invitation letter: Apr 27, 2019
Application Received date: May 17, 2019
AOR: Aug 8, 2019
Biometric request: Sept 10, 2019 (only for father, not Mom (MOM was in Canada when submitted application; father was in China)
Medical exam: Sept 12, 2019 for both (MOM did upfront medical on sept 5, sent through WEB FORM, received confirmation: forwarded it to responsible office for consideration on Sept 20, 2019); did upfront medical also for visitor visa extension.
Question: not receive a Biometirc letter for my MOM, what should I do?
Thanks!
Regards

rawfile

Star Member
May 23, 2013
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Hi,

If I have the application number, can I update IRCC that my mom is here in Canada until Jan 03, 2020?
Should I ask for Biometric extension now or wait for the Biometric request? My worry is that it might be too late to request for extension till Jan if I wait.

From your experience how long could the Biometric extension be given?

Note: My mom do not have valid visa to travel to US. My best bet would be to go back to home country for Biometrics.

Thanks for your inputs.

ankz001

Sep 21, 2017
For doing PCC in Canada, do they have to show that they have been in the country for a minimum amount of time? My Mum is in the US right now, if she comes up here for say just a week to get PCC, would that be OK? (Getting PCC in US is slower, posters on this forum said it can be got in a day here from CGI Toronto).
Did you check with CGI if they need letter from IRCC to issue the PCC?

newandold

Jan 30, 2017
@YULIA-2016
Good afternoon,
Please add me on the spread sheet.
Parents Country of Citizenship
: China
Sponsor Province: SK
Parents: father (principal applicant), mother (dependent)
Received invitation letter: Apr 27
Received by CPC Centre: May 17
AOR: Aug 8
Biometric request: Sept 10 (only for father, not Mom (MOM was in Canada when submitted application; father was in China)
Medical exam: Sept 12 for both (MOM did upfront medical on sept 5, sent through WEB FORM, received confirmation: forwarded it to responsible office for consideration on Sept 20)
Question: not receive a Biometirc letter for my MOM, what should I do?
Thanks!
Regards
Is it possible to do upfront medical for this program? and how did you do it?