+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

bdidol

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2019
Hi,

If I have the application number, can I update IRCC that my mom is here in Canada until Jan 03, 2020?
Should I ask for Biometric extension now or wait for the Biometric request? My worry is that it might be too late to request for extension till Jan if I wait.

From your experience how long could the Biometric extension be given?

Note: My mom do not have valid visa to travel to US. My best bet would be to go back to home country for Biometrics.

Thanks for your inputs.
People got 30 days extension so far from the first extension request.

Reactions: rawfile

richjo

Star Member
Jan 7, 2016
A question for those applicants who's parents applied for a super visa prior to the PGP sponsorship where biometrics were requested for the parents for the super visa and obviously held on file. After speaking with an agent at the IRCC today, i was informed that when the PGP application progresses (currently in process), the IRCC will again ask for the biometrics to be carried out which seems really odd considering they have a shelf life of 10 years (in my parents application). Can anyone confirm whether this is true or false and the agent explicitly informed me how much knowledge and experience he has had with dealing with issues like this.
My Dad's here on a Supervisa, since September last year. Did Bio metrics back in the UK. Valid till 2028, Not been requested since.

bdidol

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2019
It is true, biometrics provided for super/visitor visa are valid for 10 years only for another super/visitor visa.
For PR applications, a new biometrics is required.
I don’t know the reason behind it, but that is what cic’s website says.
Exceptions are given to some people whose parents were present in Canada at the application submission time, but those exceptions were even given to people who never did bio in the past.

I know it is strange as biometrics are the same and should not be requested again for PR application but that is how it is.
I have to dig, but I think it's due to the language in the IRCC act.

robreeves

Jun 24, 2014
My Dad's here on a Supervisa, since September last year. Did Bio metrics back in the UK. Valid till 2028, Not been requested since.
Yeah see my parents are still in the UK and will be coming over on a Supervisa first, whilst the PGP PR is going through the system. I think i may have missed the boat on that one but fingers crossed, they might get lucky.

Reactions: richjo

Roya-FSW

Aug 7, 2013
Yeah see my parents are still in the UK and will be coming over on a Supervisa first, whilst the PGP PR is going through the system. I think i may have missed the boat on that one but fingers crossed, they might get lucky.
Could it be the reason that we are behind? Is it possible that they will not request biometric for our parents anymore? on myCIC account it shows their biometric info and validity info... I thought everyone who have done biometrics before see the same thing on their myCIC page when still in process.

Well when I called CIC earlier this week they told me that they are currently running background check for me and my parents at the same time

Roya-FSW

Aug 7, 2013
Oh no don't even say that!
Why should we "miss the boat" when we are fully eligible! We're maybe not that lucky though ;)
We should hear from them soon stay positive

Reactions: calgary17