+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

robreeves

Jun 24, 2014
Could it be the reason that we are behind? Is it possible that they will not request biometric for our parents anymore? on myCIC account it shows their biometric info and validity info... I thought everyone who have done biometrics before see the same thing on their myCIC page when still in process.

Well when I called CIC earlier this week they told me that they are currently running background check for me and my parents at the same time
No I didn't my parents did biometrics few years back for multiple visa.
as soon as my application got in process I saw their biometrics info on right corner of myCIC page
Nice, thats what i have also but it only came up after they did their Supervisa. It might be a reason why its delayed but then again i can't see why. Its information that already in the system so its less for them to ask for.

In regards to the background check for the parents side, it doesn't make sense that the agent is telling you that is what they are doing for your parents and yourself. The background check for your parents would be the police check that you have to obtain from their home country but the only other background check i can think of is the amount of times they have entered and exited Canada

Roya-FSW

Aug 7, 2013
Nice, thats what i have also but it only came up after they did their Supervisa. It might be a reason why its delayed but then again i can't see why. Its information that already in the system so its less for them to ask for.

In regards to the background check for the parents side, it doesn't make sense that the agent is telling you that is what they are doing for your parents and yourself. The background check for your parents would be the police check that you have to obtain from their home country but the only other background check i can think of is the amount of times they have entered and exited Canada
My parents have spent less than 6 months here in Canada in the past 6 years.
God knows what's going on with our applications!

robreeves

Jun 24, 2014
My parents have spent less than 6 months here in Canada in the past 6 years.
God knows what's going on with our applications!
Same, my parents have spent less than 2 months in the last 7 years but it might just be obtaining the information from the relevant departments as to make sure they left of time etc. Still, its odd that its taking so long though

ZOYAMAN13

Apr 11, 2017
Same, my parents have spent less than 2 months in the last 7 years but it might just be obtaining the information from the relevant departments as to make sure they left of time etc. Still, its odd that its taking so long though

My parents have never been here. And they have also never left India ever.

I dont know what's keeping them from processing us like they do with other people within few days

robreeves

Jun 24, 2014
My parents has never been here. And they have also never left India ever.

I dont know what's keeping them from processing us like they do with other people within few days
Oh jeez.... well that blows my theory out of the water then!! Back to assuming its under a pile of paperwork on someone's desk!

Reactions: Roya-FSW

ZOYAMAN13

Apr 11, 2017
Oh jeez.... well that blows my theory out of the water then!! Back to assuming its under a pile of paperwork on someone's desk then!

Yes and honestly I feel even if parents travel it shouldn't take long at this stage. I thought this stage is only for sponsors detail and eligibility!

Reactions: calgary17

intel2

Apr 22, 2013
hi folks.
Need some help here. How can i track my parents application?

The application docs were recd in Ottawa on 19-Jun and signatory name shows as 'SCI MARTIN' on the delivery confirmation from Canada Post.

After that I haven't received anything ... in mail or email. Appreciate some help here!

Ps: there was no Client Id number noted on the application. Plus i have tried tracking on ECAS using the 9-digit number but nothing shows up.

Last edited:

Ramona2019

Star Member
Apr 26, 2019
Did you specifically asked for extra time? What did they said?
I asked for either options of letting us provide it in Ontario or extend the due date as my mom cannot go outside of canada now. The response was that if you are already in Canada you should leave the country and provide the biometrics? Thats all :/
Now i dont know who to contact. Should i contact the Mississauga office? How others did it?

hopefulcndn

Apr 26, 2019
hi folks.
Need some help here. How can i track my parents application?

The application docs were recd in Ottawa on 19-Jun and signatory name shows as 'SCI MARTIN' on the delivery confirmation from Canada Post.

After that I haven't received anything ... in mail or email. Appreciate some help here!

Ps: there was no Client Id number noted on the application. Plus i have tried tracking on ECAS using the 9-digit number but nothing shows up.

As per the tracker you are few weeks away buddy.. currently June3-5 apps are getting updates....

Reactions: intel2