+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

sangoswa

Star Member
Aug 1, 2016
Guys,

I received my PR last week amd I am planning to make the big move in December. I needed to understand whether I can immediately start my mother's visitor visa process once I land in Toronto?
Yes, you can do that even now, if you have enough found to sponsor. or better to do once you land & get full time job after few month of job .

bdidol

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2019
Yes, you can do that even now, if you have enough found to sponsor. or better to do once you land & get full time job after few month of job .
He doesn't need enough funds if his parents want to come as a visitor. Fund requirement is a criterion for the super visa.

Chintspatel

Apr 4, 2018
@Chintspatel but your mother needs USA Visitor visa to legally enter USA and get Biometrics done. If your mother doesn't have this, you need to either get it or wait for biometrics completed in homecountry before visiting Canada.
@kwinkal @bdidol @robertp

Heartily appreciate your input & advice.
Thanks a ton
My mom is tentatively planning to visit in Dec 1st week so hope we hear about the bio before that so she does not have to potppost her travel. Though it seems unlikely since my application was received on 5 June & eCAS activated just yesterday

Reactions: kwinkal and bdidol

Ramona2019

Star Member
Apr 26, 2019
Those who got extended time for medical/biometrics, can you please let me know how you requested it?

Last week I sent a request through webform and today got an answer with no extended date. So I wonder how you guys acted?

Thank you.

mc_geh

Star Member
Jun 1, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
MArch 2010
Doc's Request.
27-3-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Med's Request
2-09-2010
Med's Done....
15-10-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
10-11-2010
VISA ISSUED...
visa validity: 15-10-2011
LANDED..........
in God's time....soon
Reactions: robertp

honeymai

Star Member
Apr 27, 2015
Inland
Category........
Visa Office......
Novia Scotia
NOC Code......
B
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-01-2015
Doc's Request.
20-09-201$
AOR Received.
15-04-2015
IELTS Request
No
File Transfer...
No
Med's Request
May ,2015
Med's Done....
June 1, 2015
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
I have been trying to link my application for almost 2 weeks now. I have tried all different ways i found online and tried few different things on my own.

Still nothing worked. So I called CIC but the lady on the phone said only principal applicant can try to link the application and she cannot help me regarding this issue even though i am representative on the file. :eek:
What is the family number combination you are putting in the last question?

Count family member with formula = [Sponsor + if cosigner] no kids + [ PA + if Dep]
Ow, you mean, If the case is I have a co-signer and only applied for 1 parent even though I have kids, my count would be [Sponsor + Co-signer]+PA. which is 3?

Thanks

bijoykothari

Nov 17, 2015
You can link with PA UCI # if you have. or wait for AoR to get File #

1)After you login to MyCIC, you click on Link App to this Account button. Choose Permanent Residence in category and Family Class (Parents & Grandparents) in sub-category. This will open all the required fields you will need to fill up.
2) In the passport section, enter the info as seen in the originally sent passport of PA. you can use passport # and date or place.
3) Match the city and province name you entered in the original application.
4) Last Que : count # of Family member = [ Sponsor + if Cosigner ] no kids + [PA + if Dep].
Thank you @robertp for you reply

I tried to do this using PA's UCI and/or Name + DOB and all the required information. However, it couldn't find the application and ended locking me out, for going over 5 tries. I guess I'll try again after a day or two.

Again thank you @robertp @YULIA-2016 and everyone on the forum for the all the knowledge sharing and help

Edit: I was using just [PA + Dep] NOT the sponsor, guess now I know why I was locked out. I'll try later with [Sponsor] + [PA + Dep] and see what happens

robreeves

Jun 24, 2014
A question for those applicants who's parents applied for a super visa prior to the PGP sponsorship where biometrics were requested for the parents for the super visa and obviously held on file. After speaking with an agent at the IRCC today, i was informed that when the PGP application progresses (currently in process), the IRCC will again ask for the biometrics to be carried out which seems really odd considering they have a shelf life of 10 years (in my parents application). Can anyone confirm whether this is true or false and the agent explicitly informed me how much knowledge and experience he has had with dealing with issues like this.

deleter

Star Member
May 16, 2019
I wish I knew about parent's death certificate being a required document, before applying. Why do they not put it in the document checklist if they are gonna ask for it later on!?
I think I will have to mail my father's death certificate today. I faxed it on August 29th but never got any acknowledgment of reception and when I call CIC they have no clue about anything which is frustrating!
I have received sponsor approval email and also passed medical but I am not sure if the death certificate was requested as an additional document for the sponsor part or the principal applicant part. on Ecas, the request shows under sponsor but also shows in my mother's MYCIC account!

Last edited:

nshakelly

Nov 23, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Inland
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello, Can one of you please provide me the contact# for IRCC.