+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

gcodtao

Star Member
Apr 25, 2019
Hi,

My case is May 22, 2 line below the last pink line in the tracker, and I am "patiently" waiting for my "in process". a couple of quick questions hope I can please get your help.

what are the next steps? my parents are currently in Canada but leaving in late October, wondering if the timing is gonna be an issue. Many thanks.

rnts

Star Member
Jul 25, 2019
thanks @rnts

I think you are right.

CPC Mississauga – PGP19 P.O. BOX 8020, STN T CSC OTTAWA, ON K1G 3H6
Application Intake – PGP 2019 Case Processing Centre Mississauga

That's on my AOR letter.

I'll be frank I have no idea how all this works actually. My lawyer receives the letters and they update and contact me on the next steps.

So how does IRCC decide when Singaporean parents are under the CPC Missisauga or the Singapore visa office?

Maybe there is an advantage in having a Canadian based lawyer handle the application for you?
I am not sure how they decide about Visa office as there many people in this forum whose parents are staying in Canada with supervisa but still their files have sent to visa office outside Canada. Also not sure if taking Canadian based lawyer is an advantage or not. Keep us posted with the updates. I will do same. Best of luck.

Reactions: nayr69sg

nayr69sg

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
I am not sure how they decide about Visa office as there many people in this forum whose parents are staying in Canada with supervisa but still their files have sent to visa office outside Canada. Also not sure if taking Canadian based lawyer is an advantage or not. Keep us posted with the updates. I will do same. Best of luck.
I am convinced having a good respectable trustworthy Canadian immigration lawyer on your case is an advantage. If it wasn't , that legal industry would not exist.

We can see the difference now between applying on your own and getting a lawyer. The application is handled by CPC Missisauga and the requests for biometrics and medical come much faster than for those who applied on their own.

I wish you the best of luck as well. It is only a matter of a difference of months anyway. I hired the lawyer because as a professional myself I believe in letting the experts deal with important issues. It's not like taking out the weeds in my garden. LOL!

robertp

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2019
Canada
I only put two, which is PA + Dep, that's the question they had asked, correct? it asked included in the application.
Maybe this is the reason for it to unable to locate my file, glad to find out that.
No, check Tracker cell S3 Comment,

1)After you login to MyCIC, you click on Link App to this Account button. Choose Permanent Residence in category and Family Class (Parents & Grandparents) in sub-category. This will open all the required fields you will need to fill up.
2) In the passport section, enter the info as seen in the originally sent passport of PA. you can use passport # and date or place.
3) Match the city and province name you entered in the original application.
4) count # of Family member = [ Sponsor + if Cosigner ] no kids + [PA + if Dep] (do not count any sponsor side kids)

zeusnmn

Sep 29, 2014
I applied in May and the application was accepted on June 5, 2019, but have not received any communication since then. I have not yet received AoR as well. Can someone please advise what I can do? I have contacted CIC customer service but the call never connects. I sent the web form to them and they replied if the application is within normal timeline they cannot assist.

bdidol

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2019
I am convinced having a good respectable trustworthy Canadian immigration lawyer on your case is an advantage. If it wasn't , that legal industry would not exist.

We can see the difference now between applying on your own and getting a lawyer. The application is handled by CPC Missisauga and the requests for biometrics and medical come much faster than for those who applied on their own.

I wish you the best of luck as well. It is only a matter of a difference of months anyway. I hired the lawyer because as a professional myself I believe in letting the experts deal with important issues. It's not like taking out the weeds in my garden. LOL!
You are reaching a conclusion based on the wrong assumption. It's anyone's choice to choose a legal rep, but saying that would process your file faster is not true and not officially supported by IRCC. There is nothing in the PGP process that having a legal REP would effect. A lawyer can help you to submit an error-free application and many in this forum did that without a lawyer.

bdidol

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2019
I applied in May and the application was accepted on June 5, 2019, but have not received any communication since then. I have not yet received AoR as well. Can someone please advise what I can do? I have contacted CIC customer service but the call never connects. I sent the web form to them and they replied if the application is within normal timeline they cannot assist.
Wait. They are very close to sending AoR for June 5th. You should see something by next Friday. Keep checking the ecas.

nayr69sg

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
You are reaching a conclusion based on the wrong assumption. It's anyone's choice to choose a legal rep, but saying that would process your file faster is not true and not officially supported by IRCC. There is nothing in the PGP process that having a legal REP would effect. A lawyer can help you to submit an error-free application and many in this forum did that without a lawyer.
I guess we would need to do a more in depth analysis. Unfortunately in this forum and the spreadsheet, almost all the participants are independent applicants and did not use a lawyer. Those who use a lawyer hardly ever come to this forum. So the data is skewed.

Ideally we can have a double blinded randomized control trial with one group using a lawyer and the other not. And then see the results.

I agree I am just giving anecdotal evidence.

But it is logical. While IRCC will obviously not publicly say it, I am sure the case officers generally have an easier time working on files that lawyers have prepared. Because the file is sort of "pre-screened" by a professional. Mistakes are less likely to be present. And overall just make it smoother to process.

Again IRCC would never admit this of course for obvious reasons. The public outcry would be massive. hence there is this shroud of ambiguity.

robertp

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2019
Canada
Do I need a representative to help me apply?
No. The Government of Canada treats everyone equally, whether they use a representative or not.

All the forms and information that you need to apply for an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA), visa and/or to immigrate to Canada are available for free on this website. If you follow the instructions in the application guide, you can complete the application form and submit it on your own.

If you decide to use an immigration representative, be careful whom you ask for advice.

For more information, see:
Link: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=444&top=7

gcodtao

Star Member
Apr 25, 2019
@robertp & @bdidol - apologies that I have tagged you, hope to get your advice

My case is May 22, 2 line below the last pink line in the tracker, and I am "patiently" waiting for my "in process". a couple of quick questions hope I can please get your help.

what are the next steps and timing? my parents are currently in Canada but leaving in late October, wondering if the timing is gonna be an issue. Many thanks.

newandold

Jan 30, 2017
I guess we would need to do a more in depth analysis. Unfortunately in this forum and the spreadsheet, almost all the participants are independent applicants and did not use a lawyer. Those who use a lawyer hardly ever come to this forum. So the data is skewed.

Ideally we can have a double blinded randomized control trial with one group using a lawyer and the other not. And then see the results.

I agree I am just giving anecdotal evidence.

But it is logical. While IRCC will obviously not publicly say it, I am sure the case officers generally have an easier time working on files that lawyers have prepared. Because the file is sort of "pre-screened" by a professional. Mistakes are less likely to be present. And overall just make it smoother to process.

Again IRCC would never admit this of course for obvious reasons. The public outcry would be massive. hence there is this shroud of ambiguity.
I am a person, who decided to do everything by myself after losing about $5,000, when applied with lawyer. I realized one thing, that for lawyers immigration is job and if something is going wrong they refund the fees, but for people it is life and they will do their best for doing everything wright. Even lawyers are using this forum, I personally know several, because here people are discussing hundreds of cases and lawyers also need information about cases how they are handled and what information is requested and what the reaction of visa officers. Nothing is white and black in immigration, the same case maybe approved or rejected based explanation, what happened in my case. I have a friend who, is an immigration lawyer and 10 years in the business, but yesterday received an email related to one client, he said that never saw such kind of thing and know doing research through all forums for understanding how is better to explain the situation. I hired lawyer, as I assumed that he can make difference and yes he did, I missed deadlines because of their busy schedule and was refused.

nayr69sg

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
I am a person, who decided to do everything by myself after losing about $5,000, when applied with lawyer. I realized one thing, that for lawyers immigration is job and if something is going wrong they refund the fees, but for people it is life and they will do their best for doing everything wright. Even lawyers are using this forum, I personally know several, because here people are discussing hundreds of cases and lawyers also need information about cases how they are handled and what information is requested and what the reaction of visa officers. Nothing is white and black in immigration, the same case maybe approved or rejected based explanation, what happened in my case. I have a friend who, is an immigration lawyer and 10 years in the business, but yesterday received an email related to one client, he said that never saw such kind of thing and know doing research through all forums for understanding how is better to explain the situation. I hired lawyer, as I assumed that he can make difference and yes he did, I missed deadlines because of their busy schedule and was refused.
You hired a bad lawyer. As with all professions there are good professionals and there are bad ones too.

$5000 is quite cheap.

I have nothing against people applying on their own without a lawyer.

But I don't understand why there is so much negativity with people who DO hire a good lawyer to represent them.

We often only hear people talk about how their lawyer cheated their money, wasted their time....all the bad things.

My lawyer has been GREAT! Just sharing.

mc_geh

Star Member
Jun 1, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
MArch 2010
Doc's Request.
27-3-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Med's Request
2-09-2010
Med's Done....
15-10-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
10-11-2010
VISA ISSUED...
visa validity: 15-10-2011
LANDED..........
in God's time....soon

Chintspatel

Apr 4, 2018
Hello experts
@robertp & @YULIA-2016

Can you please help me guide if the orincipri applicant needs to MANDATORILY have the biometrics or any other requirement completed in home country?? My mom is currently in home country & plans to visit Canada in a couple of months. I have heard that one cannot have the biometrics done in Canada and so they need to go back to their home country. I would appreciate any advice that you may have. Thanks
@robertp & @YULIA-2016
Sorry to be tagging you again. I do completely understand it is impossible for you to respond to each one but I would appreciate if you or anyone else on this forum could help me with my question.
Thanks

nayr69sg

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
Do I need a representative to help me apply?
No. The Government of Canada treats everyone equally, whether they use a representative or not.

All the forms and information that you need to apply for an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA), visa and/or to immigrate to Canada are available for free on this website. If you follow the instructions in the application guide, you can complete the application form and submit it on your own.

If you decide to use an immigration representative, be careful whom you ask for advice.

For more information, see:
Link: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=444&top=7
You are right.

Actually there is no need for lawyers at all.

You can represent yourself in court cases too.

https://www.justiceeducation.ca/legal-help/lawsuits-legal-system/representing-yourself/introduction-self-representation

If you are going to court, you may be represented by a lawyer, but it is not required. Around half of individuals who go to court in BC do not have a lawyer. They represent themselves. The term “Self-Represented Litigant” describes people who go to court without a lawyer.