+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2018

Neema3

Aug 1, 2018
hello everyone,
As part of documentation, when we gives a photocopy of passports for parents. Is it just front and back or all the pages?

A1111

Star Member
Feb 3, 2016
I sent my parents application and received on May24th . i have not received any AOR or further communication yet. what does this mean?

tabrisjayson

Star Member
Apr 30, 2014
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-04-2014
Nomination.....
31-03-2014
AOR Received.
11-06-2014
Med's Request
11-06-2014
Med's Done....
24-06-2014
Do you recall how long it took to get the SA approval letter/email from IRCC once status changed to DM ?
I got email before status change

tabrisjayson

Star Member
Apr 30, 2014
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-04-2014
Nomination.....
31-03-2014
AOR Received.
11-06-2014
Med's Request
11-06-2014
Med's Done....
24-06-2014
anyone did police certificate? I've replied with scanned version 2 weeks ago, and they said they will reply in 10 business days. nothing yet

seafay

Star Member
Mar 27, 2014
Anyone know this please?
Just want to confirm with you that you sponsored your wife, and she landed last year, so your undertaking for her is still with in 3 years and still valid now, right? mason54321 called CIC and they pointed out the following, however I don't think that's true. I remember you have the same situation, so I just want to confirm with you about this.

Based on the CIC contact center they mean we have to wait until we completed the 3 years undertaking then our case can continue to be processed. My husband landed Oct 2015, that means I need to wait until Oct 2018. I DONT THINK THIS IS TRUE. I think that's only for sponsor the spouse.

And could any one help me to explain this please? Thanks a lot!

Sponsorship bars - All categories of sponsorship

When sponsoring a member of the family class*, there are situations where you may not be able to sponsor.

• You are detained in a penitentiary, jail, reformatory or prison,
  • You are an undischarged bankrupt,
  • You receive social assistance for a reason other than disability (maternity/parental leave and employment insurance payments are not considered social assistance),
  • You were convicted inside or outside Canada of an offence of a sexual nature, a violent criminal offence, an offence against a relative that results in bodily harm or an attempt or threat to commit any such offences (Restrictions can vary depending on the nature of the offence, when it occurred and whether a criminal record suspension (pardon) was issued),
  • You are a permanent resident under a removal order,
  • You are in default of an undertaking, immigration loan**, performance bond or family support payments***.
These additional bars to sponsorship apply only when sponsoring a spouse, a common-law partner or a conjugal partner:

• You signed an undertaking for a previous spouse or common-law partner and three years have not elapsed since they became a permanent resident,
  • You have been sponsored by a spouse or common-law partner within the preceding five years, and/or
  • You have submitted an application to sponsor your current spouse or common-law partner and a decision on a previous application for the same person has not yet been made.

SMA.DE

Jun 19, 2011
1) Yes, that's the correct interpretation (as far as I know).
2) You need to answer his employment, as it is specifically asking about your spouse (not co-signer).
3) You do not need to answer that, as you do not have a co-signer.
4) It should not effect your application since you are not sponsoring his parents.
5) Nope. No consequences. You just need to notify CIC of the change of your marital status.
6) Well, that's unusual. But, I believe both should still be eligible to become PR, as they are still your parents regardless of their marital status. The complication comes if and when they get remarried.

A lot of hypothetical "divorce" questions here.
Thank you:)