+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2018

Discussion in 'Family Class Sponsorship' started by Amigo30, Aug 24, 2017.

  1. It's better you call CIC in a day or so I you don't hear anything from them , In my case I didn't get any approval letter .
    razerblade likes this.
  2. Just want to confirm with you that you sponsored your wife, and she landed last year, so your undertaking for her is still with in 3 years and still valid now, right? mason54321 called CIC and they pointed out the following, however I don't think that's true. I remember you have the same situation, so I just want to confirm with you about this.

    Based on the CIC contact center they mean we have to wait until we completed the 3 years undertaking then our case can continue to be processed. My husband landed Oct 2015, that means I need to wait until Oct 2018. I DONT THINK THIS IS TRUE. I think that's only for sponsor the spouse.

    And could any one help me to explain this please? Thanks a lot!

    Sponsorship bars - All categories of sponsorship

    When sponsoring a member of the family class*, there are situations where you may not be able to sponsor.

    • You are detained in a penitentiary, jail, reformatory or prison,
    • You are an undischarged bankrupt,
    • You receive social assistance for a reason other than disability (maternity/parental leave and employment insurance payments are not considered social assistance),
    • You were convicted inside or outside Canada of an offence of a sexual nature, a violent criminal offence, an offence against a relative that results in bodily harm or an attempt or threat to commit any such offences (Restrictions can vary depending on the nature of the offence, when it occurred and whether a criminal record suspension (pardon) was issued),
    • You are a permanent resident under a removal order,
    • You are in default of an undertaking, immigration loan**, performance bond or family support payments***.
    These additional bars to sponsorship apply only when sponsoring a spouse, a common-law partner or a conjugal partner:

    • You signed an undertaking for a previous spouse or common-law partner and three years have not elapsed since they became a permanent resident,
    • You have been sponsored by a spouse or common-law partner within the preceding five years, and/or
    • You have submitted an application to sponsor your current spouse or common-law partner and a decision on a previous application for the same person has not yet been made.

  3. Hi Guys,

    I got the Medical request, PCC and travel history form request. But, for submission there are only two boxes named "Client information"?

    What is the right procedure to submit Medical form, PCC and travel form ?

  4. I hope the wait is over soon and your parents get the PR. Good Luck!
    lovemyparents and YULIA-2016 like this.
  5. My ECAS shows nothing. It does not find my application. I tried with my UCI, payment receipt number, COPR etc but nothing. My application was received on May 24th. Is there anybody else in the same boat?
  6. too early
    Neyoswife and gst8486 like this.
  7. where does it ask for travel history in this form. i went through twice, did not see.
  8. Hi
    In relation to the fees, should I be paying the $150 fee for minor dependant? My parents dependant is a Canadian as we discussed earlier.

    Thank you
  9. Fee is correct for minors - but what do you mean by "is a Canadian"?
  10. IMM5562, which is not on the checklist, but they will ask later
  11. Hi , I have a question
    Do we have to submit the emedical form ,one doctor gave to my parents with their pics on it , to cic ?
    If yes how can we submit?
    As I have no option to upload any doc on my cic account and I have no mailing address so that I canpost e-medical form and pcc .
    I checked my cic account it says you passed the medical which was done on July 25
  12. If you find out can you please let me know too ,I couldn't find place to upload my medical and pcc
  13. I'm sponsoring my parents. The sibling who will be accompanying them was born here in Canada- but he is a minor, so he is a dependant.
    I find it weird to have to pay for him even though they don't need to process anything for him...
  14. I doubt that you would have to pay for your sibling who is a Canadian by birth but I will still suggest you to talk to CIC call centre to double check.
    lovemyparents and ali_2018 like this.
  15. Do you recall how long it took to get the SA approval letter/email from IRCC once status changed to DM ?

Share This Page