+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2018

SMA.DE

Jun 19, 2011
On IMM5669 Background, there is a question 4 asking "have you been refused refugees status, immigration visa, visitor or temporary resident visa to Canada or any other country?"

My father was refused a visitor visa in 2001 due to no submitted enough supporting document. But since then, he has been granted visitor visas to Canada, US, and other countries with no problem. My questions are :
1. Does he need to check Yes here and explain what happened? If I check Yes, will this make his application refused or delayed?
2. Since the refusal happened 17 years ago, and most of the questions on the form asks for 10 years history, does that mean I can check No?
3. On my mom's 5669 form, she also needs to pick Yes as her family member had been refused a visitor visa, is this correct?

Thanks

Last edited:

ali_2018

Jul 6, 2018
On IMM5669 Background, there is a question 4 asking "have you been refused refugees status, immigration visa, visitor or temporary resident visa to Canada or any other country?"

My father was refused a visitor visa in 2001 due to no submitted enough supporting document. But since then, he has been granted visitor visas to Canada, US, and other countries with no problem. Do I need to check Yes here and explain what happened? If I check Yes, will this make his application refused or delayed?

Since the refusal happened 17 years ago, and most of the questions on the form asks for 10 years history, does that mean I can check No?

Thanks
Will recommend you to tell them the truth and am sure by telling the truth it won't cause rejection because eventually you did get the visit visa for your parents.. But if they think you tried to lie then this may cause the rejection and you would be banned for few years as well to apply in future(if m not wrong).

Still you should seek advise from senior members as well - what they say.. maybe someone had encountered this situation :)

gst8486

Champion Member
Nov 5, 2011

My father was refused a visitor visa in 2001 due to no submitted enough supporting document. But since then, he has been granted visitor visas to Canada, US, and other countries with no problem. My questions are :
1. Does he need to check Yes here and explain what happened? If I check Yes, will this make his application refused or delayed?
2. Since the refusal happened 17 years ago, and most of the questions on the form asks for 10 years history, does that mean I can check No?
3. On my mom's 5669 form, she also needs to pick Yes as her family member had been refused a visitor visa, is this correct?

Thanks
As @ali_2018 suggested, you should pick YES for Q.6.d; the 10 years condition only applies to Q.8 of form IMM5669 Background.

This information/ declaration won't delay your application.

And your Mom will pick YES also in her form.

After checking YES, you should provide additional comments/ information at the bottom of Q.6, regarding the refusal to visitor visa application in 2001 (if possible provide the exact date). Also, make sure you mention that he currently has a visitor visa which was issued on_______ and expires on ______.

Last edited:
Reactions: ali_2018

JUST CHILL

Star Member
May 24, 2009

Thanks
Yeah you should select yes and then at the. Explanation box write that applied for visitor visa in year which was not successful. It will not delay or have any negative impact . But in case u don’t disclose they might think u lied , when they have all the information as your parents received visitor visa after that.

prettyAKO

Star Member
May 31, 2016
Hi everyone the medical instruction that I received went to the messages on my cic account, can I ask you guys where did you received the pcc resume travel history requests? Is it on email or in the messages in mycic account? Coz until now I haven't received the request letter for instruction, just the medical instruction but when I click the VIEW submitted application it needs
To upload the pcc the RPRF the travel history and medical for both of my parents, thanks in advance

Reactions: YULIA-2016

The Old Mate

Star Member
Apr 3, 2017
Anyone know this please?
I don’t think that information is true. i had sponsored my wife. she just landed in May 2018. Though we are not qualified for spouse sponsorship but we are still eligible for parents as long as we met the LICO.(my undertaking for her is still with in 3 years and still valid now)

Reactions: mason54321

The Old Mate

Star Member
Apr 3, 2017
Just want to confirm with you that you sponsored your wife, and she landed last year, so your undertaking for her is still with in 3 years and still valid now, right? mason54321 called CIC and they pointed out the following, however I don't think that's true. I remember you have the same situation, so I just want to confirm with you about this.

Based on the CIC contact center they mean we have to wait until we completed the 3 years undertaking then our case can continue to be processed. My husband landed Oct 2015, that means I need to wait until Oct 2018. I DONT THINK THIS IS TRUE. I think that's only for sponsor the spouse.

And could any one help me to explain this please? Thanks a lot!

Sponsorship bars - All categories of sponsorship

When sponsoring a member of the family class*, there are situations where you may not be able to sponsor.

• You are detained in a penitentiary, jail, reformatory or prison,
  • You are an undischarged bankrupt,
  • You receive social assistance for a reason other than disability (maternity/parental leave and employment insurance payments are not considered social assistance),
  • You were convicted inside or outside Canada of an offence of a sexual nature, a violent criminal offence, an offence against a relative that results in bodily harm or an attempt or threat to commit any such offences (Restrictions can vary depending on the nature of the offence, when it occurred and whether a criminal record suspension (pardon) was issued),
  • You are a permanent resident under a removal order,
  • You are in default of an undertaking, immigration loan**, performance bond or family support payments***.
These additional bars to sponsorship apply only when sponsoring a spouse, a common-law partner or a conjugal partner:

• You signed an undertaking for a previous spouse or common-law partner and three years have not elapsed since they became a permanent resident,
  • You have been sponsored by a spouse or common-law partner within the preceding five years, and/or
  • You have submitted an application to sponsor your current spouse or common-law partner and a decision on a previous application for the same person has not yet been made.
Seniors pls shed some lights on this matter. In that case no one I’ll be qualified until the bar moves.

Reactions: mason54321

kemeshia

Star Member
Feb 11, 2009
canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Hi
In relation to the fees, should I be paying the $150 fee for minor dependant? My parents dependant is a Canadian as we discussed earlier.
You dont need to pay for the canadian if you can prove he / she is Canadian. You only need to pay for your parents.
Thank you

kemeshia

Star Member
Feb 11, 2009
canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Seniors pls shed some lights on this matter. In that case no one I’ll be qualified until the bar moves.
This only applies to sponsoring spouses not parents or your childre.

kemeshia

Star Member
Feb 11, 2009
canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Previous visitor visa biometrics is linked with the current PR application in gckey status. What does it mean?
It means you dont have to do biometrics again until that one expires.

Reactions: purpuriuttam