+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2018

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
Please update -
Just received SA letter. File has been transferred to New Delhi
Just curious, did you fill out the Use of Representative form and submit with your application ? If you did, did you indicate your Canadian address on form IMM008 Generic Application Form for the principal applicant ?

hp5gnr

Oct 27, 2015
Hello,

I'm doing application for my parents.

Whom should fill up IMM 5409 - STATUTORY DECLARATION OF COMMAN-LAW UNION. It should be me or my father?

Also the same question for IMM 5669 - SCHEDULE A - BACKGROUND. Whom should fill up?

Thanks

Last edited:

JUST CHILL

Star Member
May 24, 2009
Hello,

I'm doing application for my parents.

Whom should fill up IMM 5409 - STATUTORY DECLARATION OF COMMAN-LAW UNION. It should be me or my father?

Also the same question for IMM 5669 - SCHEDULE A - BACKGROUND. Whom should fill up?

Thanks
5409 is applicable only if are in common law relationship and not married , most of the time for Indians this is not applicable. And 5669 need to be from principle applicant and the dependent if you read the check list carefully it’s mentioned for each form.

hp5gnr

Oct 27, 2015
5409 is applicable only if are in common law relationship and not married , most of the time for Indians this is not applicable. And 5669 need to be from principle applicant and the dependent if you read the check list carefully it’s mentioned for each form.
Thanks for the reply.

Meaning IMM 5669 is required to fill up with my father and one more IMM 5669 for my mother?

Luba77

Aug 11, 2018
Hello,
I have received invitation to apply to sponsor my parents (got in second round).
Can you please help me to fill in the applications?
I have few questions:
- Financial Evaluation Form: p. 14 Employment history for the last 3 consecutive taxation years - Gross income/Benefits for the period.
What is this period? Is it last 3 years, is it 1 year or is it all years of employment?
- Application to Sponsor, Sponsorship Agreement and undertaking Form: What if I cannot find the UCI number if Citizenship was received 8 years ago? I checked all documents, it is nowhere. Can I just leave it blank or put NA?
- Additional Family Information: One I am filling for my Dad, so he is an applicant and my mom is the spouse, further I list all Dad's relatives. But when I am filling this for my Mom, who do I put as an applicant and as a spouse here? Is this the same as first one, but then all relatives will be my Mom's relatives... Do I put my MOM as an applicant then? But she is not a primary applicant... I am confused here.
- Who is filling in the Schedule A and Additional Family Information? In the Guide it says that all dependent relatives over 18 should fill it in, so I assume only Mom and Dad if they don't have dependents. In the Check list the word dependent is omitted, it says all the family members who are 18 years of age and older - does it mean my brother and myself, even we are not dependents?

I would really appreciate if somebody can help with the above. Thank you.

Supercanadian

Star Member
Feb 3, 2017
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
19-09-2016
Doc's Request.
05-07-2017
Nomination.....
02-08-2017
AOR Received.
24-10-2017
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
Pre-arrival e-mail: 28-05-2018
Med's Request
12-07-2018
Med's Done....
Done 16-07-2018. Passed 18-07-2018
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
01-02-2019
VISA ISSUED...
15-02-2019
LANDED..........
21-02-2019
You will have to show that you have established your life in Quebec and have been working and living in there to qualify for the 1 year LICO.
What if you live in Quebec but work in another province (returning to Quebec everyday)? Would you still be eligible to sponsor an application assuming you meet all other requirements?

Supercanadian

Star Member
Feb 3, 2017
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
19-09-2016
Doc's Request.
05-07-2017
Nomination.....
02-08-2017
AOR Received.
24-10-2017
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
Pre-arrival e-mail: 28-05-2018
Med's Request
12-07-2018
Med's Done....
Done 16-07-2018. Passed 18-07-2018
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
01-02-2019
VISA ISSUED...
15-02-2019
LANDED..........
21-02-2019

JUST CHILL

Star Member
May 24, 2009
Hello,
I have received invitation to apply to sponsor my parents (got in second round).
Can you please help me to fill in the applications?
I have few questions:
- Financial Evaluation Form: p. 14 Employment history for the last 3 consecutive taxation years - Gross income/Benefits for the period.
What is this period? Is it last 3 years, is it 1 year or is it all years of employment?
- Application to Sponsor, Sponsorship Agreement and undertaking Form: What if I cannot find the UCI number if Citizenship was received 8 years ago? I checked all documents, it is nowhere. Can I just leave it blank or put NA?
- Additional Family Information: One I am filling for my Dad, so he is an applicant and my mom is the spouse, further I list all Dad's relatives. But when I am filling this for my Mom, who do I put as an applicant and as a spouse here? Is this the same as first one, but then all relatives will be my Mom's relatives... Do I put my MOM as an applicant then? But she is not a primary applicant... I am confused here.
- Who is filling in the Schedule A and Additional Family Information? In the Guide it says that all dependent relatives over 18 should fill it in, so I assume only Mom and Dad if they don't have dependents. In the Check list the word dependent is omitted, it says all the family members who are 18 years of age and older - does it mean my brother and myself, even we are not dependents?

I would really appreciate if somebody can help with the above. Thank you.
1 . For financial form I filled line 150 from my T4 for each financial year that is the gross income for each year. You have to do it for last 3 financial year that is 15,16 and 17 and it is also asking for present year income till date as well.
2. You can find your UCI number on your landing paper on top right side of your copy it says Clint id.
3. In additional family form yes in your mom form you have to fill her name as applicant.
4 . You are right if they don’t have any dependent over 18 then only your parents have to fill their own.
Hope that helps.

Reactions: Luba77

albertaorbust

Feb 8, 2009
I sent my parents application and received on May24th . i have not received any AOR or further communication yet. what does this mean?
Does your ECAS show any thing? Mine was also received on May 24th and nothing received. Not even ECAS shows anything.

Luba77

Aug 11, 2018
1 . For financial form I filled line 150 from my T4 for each financial year that is the gross income for each year. You have to do it for last 3 financial year that is 15,16 and 17 and it is also asking for present year income till date as well.
2. You can find your UCI number on your landing paper on top right side of your copy it says Clint id.
3. In additional family form yes in your mom form you have to fill her name as applicant.
4 . You are right if they don’t have any dependent over 18 then only your parents have to fill their own.
Hope that helps.

Thank you very much!
One more questions if you don't mind:
1. Same p 14 on Financial form: family size - do I put actual family for each year, for ex 4 people for 2015, then 5 for 2016 because we got a new baby and 7 for 2018 because i am planning to sponsor 2 parents? Or is it 7 each year 5 us + 2 parents?

For UCI number unfortunately I can't find Landing paper... The only visa I found was a visitor visa from 2002 and it has V020..., so I guess it is not UCI number... I am wondering if I can leave it blank. Has anybody done that?
Thank you

Zhuzhu

May 3, 2018
Thank you very much!
1. Same p 14 on Financial form: family size - do I put actual family for each year, for ex 4 people for 2015, then 5 for 2016 because we got a new baby and 7 for 2018 because i am planning to sponsor 2 parents? Or is it 7 each year 5 us + 2 parents?

For UCI number unfortunately I can't find Landing paper... The only visa I found was a visitor visa from 2002 and it has V020..., so I guess it is not UCI number... I am wondering if I can leave it blank. Has anybody done that?
Thank you
Yes, I left mine blank as it was not on my landing papers or citizenship certificate. It worked fine. They later sent my UCI in a letter of acknowledgement.

JUST CHILL

Star Member
May 24, 2009
Thank you very much!

Thank you
You can leave OCI box blank if not able to find . As for family size is concerned you can put the number as you said 4,5 and 7 but make sure ur income requirements meet for 7 people for all the 3 years . That’s the key thing.

hj123

Star Member
Oct 14, 2013
Hi Guys

I have following question regarding my application. Any help would be appreciated.
  1. Background Declaration from - Can we put the UCI from his visitor VISA?
  2. Marriage Certificate - My mom has passed away and they had no marriage certificate before she passed away. I am checking with different authorities in India and they are saying very different answers. Some says they can still get Marriage certificate some says they cannot. Any suggestions from who has face similar situation or any solution that I can keep as a plan B if that doesn’t workout
Thank you