+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2018

Discussion in 'Family Class Sponsorship' started by Amigo30, Aug 24, 2017.

  1. An affidavit signed by your parents in front of a Magistrate/ court will work. Do not forget to provide an explanation letter mentioning the reason behind inability to provide Marriage certificate.
    nirvana555 likes this.
  2. As per the application guide 5772
    You must send the following for any document that is not in English or French, unless otherwise stated on your document checklist:

    • the English or French translation; and (attach the original copy of certified translation, make sure you keep a photocopy of this for yourself)
    • an affidavit from the person who completed the translation; and (You will be sending original affidavit, but make sure you keep a photocopy of this for yourself)
    • a certified copy of the original document. (This will be the attested/ certified photocopy of birth certificate and marriage certificate which are in Chinese language)
    I recommend you to read the below section from guide 5772
    [​IMG][/IMG] [​IMG]
  3. 1. Those documents need to be translated into English and depends on your country, being certified by true copy of the translation
    2. Say if you are in Canada, you will need to find a certified translator who offer you translation service from Chinese to English. Once this certified translator completes the translation from Chinese to English, he will stamp his seal (which is certified by the authorized province agency) and that would be needed by the IRCC
  4. I have a question regarding question no. 12 in IMM008 form. It says " During the past 5 years you have lived in any country other than your country of citizenship or your country of residence for more than 6 months?"

    I am little confused if they are talking about at a stretch for more than 6 months or in total for more than 6 months. My in-laws have spent 1.5 years in total with us in Canada in last 4 years but have never stayed for more than 6 months in one go.

    As per my understanding , answer should be no. Please confirm. However, if answer is yes...they have visited us 3 times but the forms shows only two lines. For third visit, should I add an additional paper with details.

  5. Thanks, I am assuming same goes for police verification as well. Please confirm.
  6. answer is no to your case.
    If you live in a foreign country for more than 6 months, you will need to obtain Police clearance report of the country in question for that period of time
  7. Thanks!!
  8. Hello, Another question regarding question no. 3 in IMM008 form. We are sponsoring our parents and none is dependent on each other as they are dependent on us.
    1. Do I need to fill two separate IMM008 forms i.e. one for my mother-in -law and one for my father-in-law. If yes, then in question no. 3 in IMM008 form which is how many family members included you are in this application will be 1.
    If answer is no, then anyone can be principal applicant and other would be dependent?

    Thanks once again.
  9. Thanks for the quick reply! that helps. I guess they will have to mail them to me then...

    Actually.. for the signatures on the forms. I'm assuming they will have to be the original signature from my parents? So they will have to sign and MAIL to me as well?

  10. Thanks for your quick reply!!

    I live in Canada but my parents and all the documents are in China.. I guess they will have to mail the docs to me ones it's certified and translated.... Was hoping a photocopy of the certified copy is acceptable.. it will be MUCH easier.. lol!
  11. Yes, the documents will require their original signatures, I suggest that you fill the forms for them and then email them those forms, once they review the form they can print, sign and mail those to you. I read somewhere that IRCC won't accept the photocopied or scanned forms. Good luck for your parents application.
  12. Fellow Sponsors/ Applicants,

    Please Sign and support the
    Petition by clicking on the below link to help families and friends affected by the medical inadmissibility clause of Section 38(1)(c).

    This clause could effect even the aging parents of Canadians who are looking forward to live with their children in Canada.

    Though some modifications to the rules were announced today, but some applications will still at risk of getting denied, this could happen with anyone, therefore the rule needs to be repealed.

    Click on the link to review and sign the petition.
  13. Thanks for confirming this gst8486!! very useful information! I have some serious work to do now.. LOL!

    Thank you !
  14. Not a problem, also please have a look on the online petition mentioned in my previous post and in my signature bar, if it looks worth please sign it. Thanks!
  15. Hi gst8486, i am new to the PGP, I've just submitted my application today in ON.
    Could you give me a brief idea about what are the steps of the PGP process ? also, if i want to check the status online, whose UCI should I use? mine or my parent's?

Share This Page