+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2018

armesana

May 26, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
On form IM0008 Generic Application under question 3 it asks "How Many family members including you are in the application".

From the guide I understand that I need include "the total number of family members included in your application. This includes yourself and any family members, regardless of whether they intend to accompany you to Canada or not.".

I have two siblings that are not Canadian or PR of Canada.

I am sponsoring my parents only and not my siblings so my siblings are not accompanying my parents and both are older than 26 years. What should they indicate on this form? Is it 4 or 2?

Thanks

babybenz

Jan 26, 2018
First, you can count how many family member in your own family: yourself, your wife, your kids, etc...?
Then from your parent's family: your parents (2) and any siblings that are under 21 years old and financially dependent on your parents. As you said, your siblings are 26 and independent so you don't need to count them in. However, in another form (Additional background) you would need to declare them though
Your family size would be the total of the above

Reactions: razerblade

LAKEWOOD

Star Member
Oct 17, 2013
On form IM0008 Generic Application under question 3 it asks "How Many family members including you are in the application".

From the guide I understand that I need include "the total number of family members included in your application. This includes yourself and any family members, regardless of whether they intend to accompany you to Canada or not.".

I have two siblings that are not Canadian or PR of Canada.

I am sponsoring my parents only and not my siblings so my siblings are not accompanying my parents and both are older than 26 years. What should they indicate on this form? Is it 4 or 2?

Thanks
Your answer should be 2, this form should be filled up the principal applicant. Therefore it could be your mom or your dad is the principal applicant and one of them is a dependent.

Reactions: armesana

babybenz

Jan 26, 2018
Thanks a lot babybenz for the details.:):):) I will use one line per year per job per period and that will solve my problem of family size 3 or 4.
So, when it comes to 2015 I will put 3(for myself and spouse) and when it comes to 2017 I will put 4(myself and spouse) and currently(2018) my family size is 4. What is your opinion in this?

Thanks,
Jack
That sounds like I would do that

Sandipppp

Star Member
Aug 13, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC- Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-08-2014
AOR Received.
10-3-2015
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
07-04-2015
Med's Request
08-05-2015
Med's Done....
12-05-2015
Passport Req..
03-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
08-06-2015
LANDED..........
19-06-2015
Hi,

I am completing IMM 5406- Additional Family Form and need more fields in section C to list all the family members of principal applicant. Should i draft a separate sheet on a word document or use another IMM 5406 form to only Section C with the family member that could get on to the initial form? Appreciate your help.

Thanks.

Sandipppp

Star Member
Aug 13, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC- Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-08-2014
AOR Received.
10-3-2015
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
07-04-2015
Med's Request
08-05-2015
Med's Done....
12-05-2015
Passport Req..
03-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
08-06-2015
LANDED..........
19-06-2015
Another question that i missed add- Under present address on IMM 5406- Additional Family, Should i put Canadian address as they are living with right now under a super visa status or go ahead with Indian address?

Thanks.

LAKEWOOD

Star Member
Oct 17, 2013
Hi,

I am completing IMM 5406- Additional Family Form and need more fields in section C to list all the family members of principal applicant. Should i draft a separate sheet on a word document or use another IMM 5406 form to only Section C with the family member that could get on to the initial form? Appreciate your help.

Thanks.
What I did was a separate sheet on a Word Document, then I put the title of the form which is Additional Family Information, name of the applicant and the birthdate , then at the very bottom is Signature and date. I hope this would help.

LAKEWOOD

Star Member
Oct 17, 2013
Another question that i missed add- Under present address on IMM 5406- Additional Family, Should i put Canadian address as they are living with right now under a super visa status or go ahead with Indian address?

Thanks.
I put the Canadian address for my principal applicant which is my mom, who is living with me here in Canada with super visa.

HeisenbergCanada

Star Member
Oct 27, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks.
My in-laws are here in Toronto on Super visa. I have put the Canadian address as present address.

HeisenbergCanada

Star Member
Oct 27, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
So, question to all 2018 PGP applicants. Based on the current processing times, whats the average processing time its gonna take for us, until we get the passport request? One year? Two years?

sathya10

May 8, 2012
hi all,
I am sponsoring both my dad and mom. Should I fill up separate IMM 0008, IMM 0008 DEP, IMM 5669, etc forms for each of them or my mom will be considered as dependent on my father?
Apology if it was asked earlier.. cant find an answer earlier post on it.

babakbf

Sep 18, 2014
Montreal
Hi everybody,
I have selected to sponsor my parents.
I am Quebec resident and I want to know when I should apply for their CSQ, before sending documents to Federal Government or after getting file number from Federal ?

My income for 2015 or 2014 doesn't meet Federal Income Table for Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship.
but I found that this table is for the all the provinces except Quebec.
How should I mention that I want to apply for them for Quebec ?

Thanks,

babybenz

Jan 26, 2018
Hi everybody,
I am Quebec resident and I want to know when I should apply for their CSQ, before sending documents to Federal Government or after getting file number from Federal ?

My income for 2015 or 2014 doesn't meet Federal Income Table for Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship.

Thanks,
I think this is the financial requirement for resident of Quebec
http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/immigrate-settle/family-reunification/requirements-sponsor/specific-requirements/financial-standards/index.html
Double check?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi everybody,

Thanks,
You will have to show that you have established your life in Quebec and have been working and living in there to qualify for the 1 year LICO.