+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2018

rash04

Feb 13, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
For those who have already sent out application packages , did you guys received anything stating application is received by them?

Reactions: D_K_T

Serenity03

Oct 16, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov. 4, 2014
AOR Received.
Dec. 19, 2014 / Aug. 27, 2015
Med's Done....
January 8, 2016
If one page of the set is different, you are risking the integrity of the application unless the page you mentioned does not have any serial number indicated the set of pages. IRCC may deem that your application is altered and may return your application. In my opinion, it's not worth it to do that.
As for the timing, perhaps you can use the courier, fastest possible way to send/receive your documents?
It looks like IMM 1344 has a glitch or something. :p When i validated it then saved it and opened it again it says not validated even though there is a barcode and when you validate it again the number changed. Maybe i can write a letter and tell them that? :(

( UPDATE )
I phoned CIC and the person i talked to said that its okay if its different number. He said that he immigration officer will look on the signatures if properly signed not the number.

Last edited:

babybenz

Jan 26, 2018
Hi guys,
I meet all income requirements and three years tax form etc but how can i apply now, whenever i check the site its say this year (2018) applications are closed.
What are you trying to apply for?
If you are applying for sponsorship your parents, you will need to wait until the lucky draw next year, usually opening around 1-3 January.
I recommend you to visit www.cic.gc.ca for more information.

babybenz

Jan 26, 2018
Good Morning.
Hi can you help on this Matter

We are in the process of sponsoring my parent. under the Backgound section it has a question "Had any serious disease or physicalor mental disorder".

My Mom was diagnosed with Breast Cancer last 2016. she undergo chemo,surgery,radiation therapy,. She is already okay now. she is currently cancer free and doing very good all her latest scans,blood test,ultra sound are all excellent.

the question if we will diclosed this on her application on the background section?

and will it affect her application that can lead to refusal?

is there anyone with the same case. but granted a permanent visa with their parents?

Thank you very much on your help and Best Regards
I do not think you can hide from IRCC about your mother's status. At the later stage of the process, IRCC will request your mother to go through the medical examination at one of the designated doctors/clinics appointed by IRCC in your mother's country. What I can think of is to make sure your mother's health is in good stage and all illness/sickness are treated completely before doing the medical exam.

nehabhi

Jul 4, 2016
Hello, Another question regarding question no. 3 in IMM008 form. We are sponsoring our parents and none is dependent on each other as they are dependent on us.
1. Do I need to fill two separate IMM008 forms i.e. one for my mother-in -law and one for my father-in-law. If yes, then in question no. 3 in IMM008 form which is how many family members included you are in this application will be 1.
If answer is no, then anyone can be principal applicant and other would be dependent?

Thanks once again.

sarah30

Apr 3, 2018
I have almost completed my application package.

For Supporting documents, I checked Checklist and documents to be send are -
1. Marriage certificate - Sponsor and co-signer
2. PR card front and back page - Sponsor and co-signer
3. Birth certificate of Sponsor - proof of relationship
4. Passport front and back page - my parents and Sister(12 yrs old)
5. Marriage affidavit of my parents
6. My sister's Birth certificate
7. NOAs for 2017, 2016 and 2015
8. Processing Fees
9. Confirmation email copy from CIC

Are there any other documents which are good to send in advance.
For e.g. - I don't have Canadian passport; I am on PR status here..and checklist doesn't ask me to send my passport details. is it good to send or not required ? Any advise.
Hi Dear,
I have almost completed my application as well. Just have a quick question regarding yours. Are you going to give them your SIN and include your NOA for the three years? I was confused whether to provide them with my SIN or not.

nehabhi

Jul 4, 2016
Hi Dear,
I have almost completed my application as well. Just have a quick question regarding yours. Are you going to give them your SIN and include your NOA for the three years? I was confused whether to provide them with my SIN or not.
Can anyone of you please confirm how many IMM008 - generic form you have filled...just 1 or separate for your parents.

sarah30

Apr 3, 2018
Can anyone of you please confirm how many IMM008 - generic form you have filled...just 1 or separate for your parents.
Based on the application guide, you should fill out only one for the principle applicant which would be either your mother or your father.
Generic Application Form for Canada (IMM 0008)
Who must fill out this application form?
This form must be completed by:

• You, the principal applicant.

MYNC

Apr 13, 2018
Hi, I am sponsoring my parents, and I have a question about the certified true copy of the documents.

In the guide it said:

Certified true copies
To have a photocopy of a document certified, an authorized person must (as described below) compare the original document to the photocopy and must print the following on the photocopy:
  • “I certify that this is a true copy of the original document”,
  • the name of the original document,
  • the date of the certification,
  • his or her name,
  • his or her official position or title, and
  • his or her signature.
My parent's documents are all in Chinese, and they were translated and certified by the public notary in China. The translation has the same meaning as above, but not the exactly the same, like “I certify that this is a true copy of the original document”.

Should the translation be exactly the same as the one in the guide?

Thank you for your help.

Last edited:

jazz_swty

Star Member
Nov 11, 2013
Hi Dear,
Yeah.. I am planning to provide SIN...I think it doesn't harm. I will provide them NOA too, so there is no need from them to go to CRA. but just in case they have to, they have my approvals.

Reactions: sarah30

zt2018

Apr 6, 2018
For those who have already sent out application packages , did you guys received anything stating application is received by them?
I did not receive any e-mail, but when i checked my application status on-line there is a note that application was received and my parents details

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I do not think you can hide from IRCC about your mother's status. At the later stage of the process, IRCC will request your mother to go through the medical examination at one of the designated doctors/clinics appointed by IRCC in your mother's country. What I can think of is to make sure your mother's health is in good stage and all illness/sickness are treated completely before doing the medical exam.
Would agree you should disclose the breast cancer. It will likely be evident during exam due to surgical scars, medication, burns from radiation, etc

D_K_T

Star Member
Apr 11, 2018
Since Lakewood and HeisenbergCanada suggested to use Canadian address for Additional family form, what address should l use for Generic application under question 1 and 2 : Mailing and Residential Address.

Also, is it okay to leave issue and expiry date blank under section- National Identity Card (India), since there is neither issue nor expiry date mentioned on Adhar card (NIC).
I don't think Adhar card is titled as National Identity document yet. I ticked no on my application.

D_K_T

Star Member
Apr 11, 2018
Hi Dear,
As per my opinion it's good to provide with SIN instead of attaching bunch of NOA.

Reactions: sarah30