+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

P.Eng APEGA (Professional Engineers of Alberta) review timeline

mbshez

Nov 30, 2015
Calgary
Hi all,

I received an email from APEGA this week saying I am now a P.Eng. Quite surprising to me because I was Case to Board for April, but I’ll take it!

The key completion dates for my review were:
Application Submitted - April 2019
All VRFs and VORFs - July 2019
Internal Review - November 2019
Examiner 1 - December 2019
Examiner 2 - February 2020
Case to Board - April 2020

I did not require Academic Review.

I hope this gives some people a little reassurance about long review times. My Internal Review took over 4 months and my 2nd examiner took 2 months. They just have a lot of applications right now.

Good luck with your applications!
Congratulations Skomer!!
I have a similar timeline, been an EIT since 2014 and I went to a CEAB approved school as well but I haven't seen any movement since my file went to internal review at the end of november. Does your status show the experience review as a different line item?

Skomer

Sep 23, 2019
Congratulations Skomer!!
I have a similar timeline, been an EIT since 2014 and I went to a CEAB approved school as well but I haven't seen any movement since my file went to internal review at the end of november. Does your status show the experience review as a different line item?
Thanks!

Yes, the Experience Examiners will appear as two separate lines after the Internal Review line. My internal review started at the beginning of July and took 4.5 months. During that whole time it just showed Internal Review In Progress. Since your’s started at the end of November I would not expect you to hear anything until the end of March at the earliest. Good luck!

Reactions: mbshez

syed1214

Jul 7, 2018
Hi All,

I am booked for NPPE exam on April 05/2020. I will appreciate if someone can share the tips / notes for this exam.

Regards

mbshez

Nov 30, 2015
Calgary
It has been moved to online exam. Please forward me if someone have the notes or something which can aid in preparation.
That's awesome! I am going to be writing mine in a few months as well, still waiting for a decision. Could you please share notes/material/experience with me as well.

sdqs_23

Star Member
Apr 19, 2017
Hi everyone.

I applied trough CBA system. Has anyone applied through CBA system (APEGA new assessment system)?

My application went through two experience examiners. One is showing "Complete", and the other one is showing "Waiting for Documents". Can someone let me know what it means "waiting for documents"?
Assalam o Alekum,

I am from Karachi, Pakistan. Would you please guide me regarding the procedure. I have received letter from APEGS on January 2019 and they assigned me 3 confirmatory exam / Work Experience Report. I have made account and try to start work experience report. I am Structural Design Engineer and have 13 years of experience. Is there any deadline to complete the report

If you dont mind can you share me your e-mail address and cell no.

Regards

Engr. Firdous Siddiqui

sdqs_23

Star Member
Apr 19, 2017
Do read the books. Don't ignore them. After that, do some mock exams available online. And I believe you will be ready for the exam.
Assalam o Alekum,

I am from Karachi, Pakistan. Would you please guide me regarding the procedure. I have received letter from APEGS on January 2019 and they assigned me 3 confirmatory exam / Work Experience Report. I have made account and try to start work experience report. I am Structural Design Engineer and have 13 years of experience. Is there any deadline to complete the report

Regards

Engr. Firdous Siddiqui

sdqs_23

Star Member
Apr 19, 2017
That's awesome! I am going to be writing mine in a few months as well, still waiting for a decision. Could you please share notes/material/experience with me as well.
Assalam o Alekum,

Regards

Engr. Firdous Siddiqui

sdqs_23

Star Member
Apr 19, 2017
Assalam o Alekum,

I am from Karachi, Pakistan. Would anyone guide me regarding the procedure. I have received letter from APEGS on January 2019 and they assigned me 3 confirmatory exam / Work Experience Report. I have made account and try to start work experience report. I am Structural Design Engineer and have 13 years of experience. Is there any deadline to complete the report

Please share me your e-mail address and cell no for whatsapp

Regards

Engr. Firdous Siddiqui

Sumeet2019

Star Member
Jun 17, 2019
Finally got my P.Eng at last . Good Luck all !
Time Line :
June 2018 - Applied
Aug 2018 - Took Ethics Exam
Aug 2019- Application Review Process Complete .Asked to take FE Exam
Jan 2020 - Took FE Exam
Mar 2020 - P.Eng Application Approved

Skomer

Sep 23, 2019
Finally got my P.Eng at last . Good Luck all !
Time Line :
June 2018 - Applied
Aug 2018 - Took Ethics Exam
Aug 2019- Application Review Process Complete .Asked to take FE Exam
Jan 2020 - Took FE Exam
Mar 2020 - P.Eng Application Approved
Congratulations Sumeet!

I am happy to see how quickly APEGA approved your application after you passed the FE exam.

UPPI

Nov 11, 2013
Hi All,

Is there any substantial proof out there that indicates obtaining P. Eng is easier in some provinces than others?
Specifically for Mechanical Engineers. I have a bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering from India.

I would really appreciate insights on this.

Thanks for all the help in advance!

Skomer

Sep 23, 2019
Hi All,

Is there any substantial proof out there that indicates obtaining P. Eng is easier in some provinces than others?
Specifically for Mechanical Engineers. I have a bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering from India.

I would really appreciate insights on this.

Thanks for all the help in advance!
I think this is difficult to really judge, since usually people only go through the full process once and just transfer their P.Eng to other provinces through the separate transfer process

Alberta tends to have quite long reviews because there are so many applicants. So you might have better luck in other provinces on that front, but some other provinces have additional CBA competencies compared to Alberta. BC and Saskatchewan, for example, have way more competencies. I think the PP exam is different in BC too.

I’m not sure discipline matters too much if you can demonstrate the competencies. For my application I used experience for work in multiple core engineering disciplines, including mechanical, and had no problems.

I can’t comment on your degree, as I have a Canadian degree, but it seems that APEGA asks more international graduates to write the FE exam based on what I’ve seen in this forum.

roberto_gm

Oct 7, 2019
Hi everyone,

My application is for the EIT license. I'm not getting any emails from APEGA when my case moves from one step to another. I was checking today and it says "Case to board - In Progress - May 2020". I guess it'll be the final decision about my application, but so far they are nos asking me for any exam. Any comments on that? someone is in the same situation?

Have a great day