+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

P.Eng APEGA (Professional Engineers of Alberta) review timeline

Amysaa

Mar 4, 2019
hey Amysaa , I havent received an email yet. my case was on board for feb 2020 as well. all I can see when I login is how to update my personal information. well It also says my name and eit non practising
Same situation here with me. I called and they said, I will receive an email from them within couple of weeks. I wonder why it takes so much time to send email.

123settogo

Oct 19, 2018
I think this is a good sign. If FE is required, your application status will be there until you meet the requirement.
If your application status is gone - you will receive email soon for authoring your P.Eng designation.

Hi Aamenah, how did you learn about the FE exam? Did you receive email from them?
I checked my account and my application was with board for feb2020, and my application status is not there anymore, but I did not receive any email from APEGA today?

roberto_gm

Oct 7, 2019
My status just changed from "Internal Review" to "Academic Examiner" on my EIT process. I had the idea that it was Internal Review and then they'll send it to the Board, but I guess I was wrong. Any feedback about this process? the time that it takes? what goes after? or what I should expect from this?

aamenah

Jun 30, 2017
Hi Aamenah, how did you learn about the FE exam? Did you receive email from them?
I checked my account and my application was with board for feb2020, and my application status is not there anymore, but I did not receive any email from APEGA today?
I got email. Did you receive it now ??
and what is the outcome

aamenah

Jun 30, 2017
Thank you ;-) Timeline varies and its quite a it of waiting time .. I started my Peng application in April 2018.I was assigned a coordinator a month later . I sent my work experiences and references in June and then it was a waiting game . Board decision came end of Aug 2019 that i have to take FE exam. Since i was out of school for 10 years , i had to study a bit more . I took FE in January and now APEGA will take another 3 -4 months to finally make a decision .
Hi Sumeet,
Can you help me how to start ? i am being assigned FE and i am a mechanical engnr. with 9 yrs of experience. I would need guidance as which discipline to choose and start studying from which book.. and where to get books from

Sumeet2019

Star Member
Jun 17, 2019
Hi Sumeet,
Can you help me how to start ? i am being assigned FE and i am a mechanical engnr. with 9 yrs of experience. I would need guidance as which discipline to choose and start studying from which book.. and where to get books from
I prepared for "other discipline " . I utilized Lindeburg's FE Review Manual. You can get this book from Amazon. Buy a copy of sample exam from NCEES website and download FE handbook . Try to use the pdf handbook instead of paperback while preparing for exam as you will get a pdf in exam.
Just solve as many problems you can.

Babyboy_legolas

Star Member
Nov 2, 2016
Hi Sumeet,
Look, for what I've heard the FE Exam is becoming an standard for APEGA with international academic credentials. It's seems absurd, because you submit the course by course review from WES and also their assessment panel, but they are having all these "not" written rules.

It's really frustrating, because they could potentially save you a lot of time if you know all the requirements from the beginning.

mbshez

Nov 30, 2015
Calgary
My status just changed from "Internal Review" to "Academic Examiner" on my EIT process. I had the idea that it was Internal Review and then they'll send it to the Board, but I guess I was wrong. Any feedback about this process? the time that it takes? what goes after? or what I should expect from this?
How long was it in internal review? I have been stuck there for a while now!

mbshez

Nov 30, 2015
Calgary
I hope you get an answer soon. I'm just wondering how much time the "Academic Examiner" takes, and if after that one goes to board examination.
None of my peers had a 4 month internal review so I am kinda worried now.
I hope your academics are accepted, it seems APEGA has been handing out FE exams to people lately especially people who graduated from South Asian countries,

Skomer

Sep 23, 2019
None of my peers had a 4 month internal review so I am kinda worried now.
I hope your academics are accepted, it seems APEGA has been handing out FE exams to people lately especially people who graduated from South Asian countries,
Hi all,

I received an email from APEGA this week saying I am now a P.Eng. Quite surprising to me because I was Case to Board for April, but I’ll take it!

The key completion dates for my review were:
Application Submitted - April 2019
All VRFs and VORFs - July 2019
Internal Review - November 2019
Examiner 1 - December 2019
Examiner 2 - February 2020
Case to Board - April 2020

I did not require Academic Review.

I hope this gives some people a little reassurance about long review times. My Internal Review took over 4 months and my 2nd examiner took 2 months. They just have a lot of applications right now.

Good luck with your applications!

roberto_gm

Oct 7, 2019
Hi all,

I received an email from APEGA this week saying I am now a P.Eng. Quite surprising to me because I was Case to Board for April, but I’ll take it!

The key completion dates for my review were:
Application Submitted - April 2019
All VRFs and VORFs - July 2019
Internal Review - November 2019
Examiner 1 - December 2019
Examiner 2 - February 2020
Case to Board - April 2020

I did not require Academic Review.

I hope this gives some people a little reassurance about long review times. My Internal Review took over 4 months and my 2nd examiner took 2 months. They just have a lot of applications right now.

Good luck with your applications!
COngratulation Skomer.

When you said Examiner 1, what does that mean? you had to write an exam?
Also, now I'm asking what determines if you go for "Academic Review" or not?

Let's see what the time says

Skomer

Sep 23, 2019
COngratulation Skomer.

When you said Examiner 1, what does that mean? you had to write an exam?
Also, now I'm asking what determines if you go for "Academic Review" or not?

Let's see what the time says
Thanks Roberto

I wasn’t assigned any exams. Examiner 1&2 refer to the Experience Review. The people who do this review are called experience examiners - sorry this was a bit misleading.

Academic review is not required if you went to a CEAB accredited school. If you are an EIT, you have already undergone the academic review if required so they won’t repeat it