+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

P.Eng APEGA (Professional Engineers of Alberta) review timeline

roberto_gm

Oct 7, 2019
Just wanted to give you an update . I took FE exam on Jan8th and passed it on first try . It has been a long journey with APEGA . They took 1 year to tell me that i need to write FE
Congratulations! It looks like I have a long way to go then.....I started my EIT application in October, and by the end of December the received all the documents from WES. Now, I'm waiting to get an Application Coordinator......Any feedbacks on how my timeline should be?

Thanks in advance!

Skomer

Sep 23, 2019
Congratulations! It looks like I have a long way to go then.....I started my EIT application in October, and by the end of December the received all the documents from WES. Now, I'm waiting to get an Application Coordinator......Any feedbacks on how my timeline should be?

Thanks in advance!
I would contact them. After I submitted my application I waited two months without getting a coordinator assigned but as soon as I contacted them one was assigned immediately. It was very frustrating.

Sumeet2019

Star Member
Jun 17, 2019

Thanks in advance!
Thank you ;-) Timeline varies and its quite a it of waiting time .. I started my Peng application in April 2018.I was assigned a coordinator a month later . I sent my work experiences and references in June and then it was a waiting game . Board decision came end of Aug 2019 that i have to take FE exam. Since i was out of school for 10 years , i had to study a bit more . I took FE in January and now APEGA will take another 3 -4 months to finally make a decision .

glenn9090

Star Member
Apr 29, 2014
Saudi Arabia
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13/06/2014
Doc's Request.
19/11/2014
Nomination.....
08/10/2014
IELTS Request
With Application
File Transfer...
14/11/2014
Med's Request
14/01/2015
Med's Done....
31/01/2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
05/03/2015
VISA ISSUED...
25/03/2015
LANDED..........
January 2016
it was my EIT application and the status says case to board.. feb 2020. what does that mean. Will they assign any exams for an EIT application or this process normal?

Skomer

Sep 23, 2019
Thank you ;-) Timeline varies and its quite a it of waiting time .. I started my Peng application in April 2018.I was assigned a coordinator a month later . I sent my work experiences and references in June and then it was a waiting game . Board decision came end of Aug 2019 that i have to take FE exam. Since i was out of school for 10 years , i had to study a bit more . I took FE in January and now APEGA will take another 3 -4 months to finally make a decision .
Congratulations on passing the FE exam. Hopefully they don’t take too long to review, since you’ve already been through the queue once!
it was my EIT application and the status says case to board.. feb 2020. what does that mean. Will they assign any exams for an EIT application or this process normal?
Case to board is normal. The board of examiners reviews every application once a month and they make the final decision. You won’t know if you need exams until you get your results back from the BoE.

roberto_gm

Oct 7, 2019
If nothing change by the end of this month I'll definitely call them. Thanks for the advice

roberto_gm

Oct 7, 2019
Hi everyone. I got a notification that the internal review process basically started today on my EIT application. How long does it take this step? Thanks

Calvino

Jan 24, 2020
Hello everybody. I just got my response from APEGA (Jan 2020) and they deferred my application. They are asking me to apply to FE and also stating that I don't have competencies in almost everything. I believe this last one is a matter of how I wrote my CBAT. Does anyone that have an application approved can help me on this and share its CBTA or at least open for a conversion to explain me how I could better fill out this form. Or is there anybody in the same situation ? I will ask APEGA for reassessment. It is really frustrating when you've been working with engineering for 13 years and have a masters and read this type of thing. Below is my contact

calvinovitor@yahoo.com.br
780-2987452

Skomer

Sep 23, 2019
Hi everyone. I got a notification that the internal review process basically started today on my EIT application. How long does it take this step? Thanks
I think your mileage may vary, but for me it took 4.5 months to get past the internal review for a P.Eng application. There seems to be a very long queue. I expect it is the same for a non-CEAB EIT application.

Last edited:

Skomer

Sep 23, 2019
Hello everybody. I just got my response from APEGA (Jan 2020) and they deferred my application. They are asking me to apply to FE and also stating that I don't have competencies in almost everything. I believe this last one is a matter of how I wrote my CBAT. Does anyone that have an application approved can help me on this and share its CBTA or at least open for a conversion to explain me how I could better fill out this form. Or is there anybody in the same situation ? I will ask APEGA for reassessment. It is really frustrating when you've been working with engineering for 13 years and have a masters and read this type of thing. Below is my contact

780-2987452
Sorry to hear your application was deferred.

If the reassessment is unsuccessful, it might be worth paying someone to review your CBATs before you submit your application. I think Practice PPE Exams reviews applications. If I had known how long the application process takes I might have done that myself just for piece of mind.

I think you will likely be stuck with the FE exam either way unfortunately.

Babyboy_legolas

Star Member
Nov 2, 2016
I am getting super frustrated with APEGA. In first place it's been almost two months since I completed my application and it is still on queue, I contacted them and they told me that is normal and I needed to wait. The other thing to be careful is about the NPPE, because in December I registered my self tentatively for February and they only confirmed the date 3 weeks before the exam. I am working on BC and I cannot attend the date they sent me now, is physically impossible or just lose a week of income for me. They told me that they cannot do anything about it, and the thing is they never give you an straight date, basically they give you a 3-4 days window when the exam may occur.

Last edited:

Babyboy_legolas

Star Member
Nov 2, 2016

780-2987452
Vitor, how was your process in total? I mean, when did you started and did you get any information in between the start and the deferral?

Calvino

Jan 24, 2020
Vitor, how was your process in total? I mean, when did you started and did you get any information in between the start and the deferral?
My process took 1 year in total. yep...1 year to tell me that I do not meet requirements considering that I've been working all my life designing for oil and gas... Honestly, if I could only give one piece of advise for everybody that is starting their process do the following:

if you are applying to NPPE - buy the exercises online (I found very useful the site ppe practice exam. Obviously try to find as much as mock exercises you can to practice). They have videos explaining theory and multiple choices exercises as well as the explanation for the answers.
if you are doing CBA and filling in the forms - Also this site is a good tool for those who wants to get your CBA assessed by a PEng. They evaluate your form and tell what should be modified. I will do that since I don't want to have another deferral in my process. Basically it is like a cake recipe...if you don't write the way they like then...

Anyways...this is only my experience and I am not telling that is right or wrong.

Babyboy_legolas

Star Member
Nov 2, 2016
My process took 1 year in total. yep...1 year to tell me that I do not meet requirements considering that I've been working all my life designing for oil and gas... Honestly, if I could only give one piece of advise for everybody that is starting their process do the following:

if you are applying to NPPE - buy the exercises online (I found very useful the site ppe practice exam. Obviously try to find as much as mock exercises you can to practice). They have videos explaining theory and multiple choices exercises as well as the explanation for the answers.
if you are doing CBA and filling in the forms - Also this site is a good tool for those who wants to get your CBA assessed by a PEng. They evaluate your form and tell what should be modified. I will do that since I don't want to have another deferral in my process. Basically it is like a cake recipe...if you don't write the way they like then...

Anyways...this is only my experience and I am not telling that is right or wrong.

I already applied. Right now I'm waiting, its been two months since I finished all the paperwork and the still haven't start the review process. During your 1 year process, they never mentioned anything? about the Educational or the job requirements?