+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

P.Eng APEGA (Professional Engineers of Alberta) review timeline

Skomer

Sep 23, 2019
Hi!!!!!

Anyone did the process for a civil engineering degree? I want to start the process but I'm confuse with which one I have to go for. I have over 7 years of experience (outside Canada), graduated outside Canada as well. Currently, I have a study permit here but I would like to start the process ASAP. I believe that because I'm not PR, the only option that I have is a licensee, correct? Thank you so much for your comments!
You need to have one year of Canadian work experience under a P.Eng to apply as either a professional member or a licensee, so it doesn’t sound like you qualify for either. The difference is the PR card - without it you have to apply as a licensee.

It does sound like you qualify for an EIT application. They will evaluate your academic qualifications as part of that application, which will speed up your professional application later once you have the necessary Canadian experience.

Kiran9999

Star Member
Apr 4, 2019
Hi guys,

Can someone please give some information regarding P.Eng. I am not yet a PR. Still waiting for it. Is it possible to apply for P.Eng now? The website for APEGA says that i can apply as a Foreign Licensee. Nowhere it says that i need to have 1 year canadian work experience. Can someone please clarify?

Karthik91

Star Member
Jul 9, 2019
Hello,
I'm a Chemical engineer. It's been a month since I landed in Calgary. Apega process seems to be complex. Is it possible to get a job in Oil and Gas field without Peng..

sunil8487

Jul 3, 2017
India
Category........
FSW
Hello Everyone,
I have applied for P.Eng in Mechanical Engineering Field with APEGA. I am a Mechanical Engineer from India and have 8 years of experience ( 7 Years in India and Close to 1 year in Canada). My Academic Review is under Process. I have also applied for NPPE exam for the Feb 3, 2019. Can you guys guide me through this and share the study Material for this exam at engineersunil@outlook.com. It would be a great help.

ersar

Star Member
Nov 27, 2017
Finally my status changed and My case is to board says in Dec. I am quite nervous about the outcome hopefully will be positive I hate that they don’t communicate any intermediate results and push it all to the BOE after one year of process. Fingers crossed!

roberto_gm

Oct 7, 2019
Finally my status changed and My case is to board says in Dec. I am quite nervous about the outcome hopefully will be positive I hate that they don’t communicate any intermediate results and push it all to the BOE after one year of process. Fingers crossed!
Congratulations! I just submitted and paid my EIT application.....I guess that now is only about waiting, and waitin and keep waiting!

Amysaa

Mar 4, 2019
Hi Everyone,

I hope you all are doing well. My application for EIT, was submitted on 13th March 2019. It went to academic review on 21st June 2019. I have BE Mechanical engineering, a master of science, and I was doing PhD when my application went under academic review. In academic qualifications it lists postgraduate courses instead of PhD degree since my thesis was under process. However, it's been four months or more that my file is under academic review queue. What do you suggest, after my thesis defense, should I get an updated WES report, and send it to APEGA?
This will just convert my postgraduate courses, into PhD degree in their records. However, I feel that my file will again go back to internal review again. This will further delay the process. I seek your opinion regarding should I just keep waiting which could be 8 more months for them to complete academic review, or should I add more information to my file which will delay it two more months adding to a total of 10 months.?

ersar

Star Member
Nov 27, 2017
guys my case is to board on December per APEGA self service website. I call them and they said the results will be sent by the dn of January. Anyone with the experience here? how long it takes to hear back from APEGA after case goes to Board. Do we even know when board roughly meet at beginning or the end of the months?

123settogo

Oct 19, 2018
My case to board was on October. The status changed into P. Eng in the member self services on Oct 7 and received official email notification on Oct 9.

Every months the Board meets at different time. You can keep checking your member self services. Good luck.

guys my case is to board on December per APEGA self service website. I call them and they said the results will be sent by the dn of January. Anyone with the experience here? how long it takes to hear back from APEGA after case goes to Board. Do we even know when board roughly meet at beginning or the end of the months?

Marlin.N

Nov 8, 2019
Hello,

I initiated my application in June 2018,
Submitted Experience forms in July 2018
Reference were done by August 2018.
Internal Review Complete: Dec 2018
Examiner review Complete: Dec 2018
Case to Board: Jan, 2018

Let me know if you need any guidance on your application

Hi Mario

I trust you well. Congratu

I came across your thread while searching for information about Apega Licencing.

I am currently trying to complete the process but I require some assistance please as so have questions about certain aspects.

I was hoping that you can assist me.
Thank you.
Marlin.N

Skomer

Sep 23, 2019
Has anyone seen their Internal Review status change from In Progress to Complete and then back to In Progress the next day? This happened to me last week.

Does APEGA send out an email at the completion of each review stage?

Skomer

Sep 23, 2019
Has anyone seen their Internal Review status change from In Progress to Complete and then back to In Progress the next day? This happened to me last week.

Does APEGA send out an email at the completion of each review stage?
Well I guess I can answer my own question. My application has now moved from internal review to experience examiner. There was no email for this transition.

Internal review took me 4.5 months.