+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

P.Eng APEGA (Professional Engineers of Alberta) review timeline

franco4321

Feb 1, 2020
Hi everyone,

I am in the process of applying for my P.Eng. i was wondering if anyone knows the answer to having a direct supervisor that is register as a P.Eng of another province but not register at Apega, can he qualify for your P.Eng supervisor

mbshez

Nov 30, 2015
Calgary
Hi everyone,

I am in the process of applying for my P.Eng. i was wondering if anyone knows the answer to having a direct supervisor that is register as a P.Eng of another province but not register at Apega, can he qualify for your P.Eng supervisor
YES!

minox99

Feb 4, 2020
I already applied. Right now I'm waiting, its been two months since I finished all the paperwork and the still haven't start the review process. During your 1 year process, they never mentioned anything? about the Educational or the job requirements?
In my case, no questions at all. Just sat tight. Waited too long.

By the way, you guys know when BOE is held in Feb.? I'm in stuck on the BOE review...

mbshez

Nov 30, 2015
Calgary
In my case, no questions at all. Just sat tight. Waited too long.

By the way, you guys know when BOE is held in Feb.? I'm in stuck on the BOE review...
No one knows! Elections may push it to the end of the month!

How long was the review period for you? I am a CEAB approved school grad and I have been stuck at internal review for 3 months.

minox99

Feb 4, 2020
No one knows! Elections may push it to the end of the month!

How long was the review period for you? I am a CEAB approved school grad and I have been stuck at internal review for 3 months.
It seems very normal. I have 10 years international + 2 years Canadian experience with an international undergraduate.

Complete all documentation in Feb. 2019
Internal Review Complete in June 2019
Academic Examiner Complete in Nov 2019
Internal Review Complete in Nov 2019

Experience Examiner Complete
Experience Examiner Complete in Dec 2019
Case to Board In Progress

mbshez

Nov 30, 2015
Calgary
It seems very normal. I have 10 years international + 2 years Canadian experience with an international undergraduate.

Complete all documentation in Feb. 2019
Internal Review Complete in June 2019
Academic Examiner Complete in Nov 2019
Internal Review Complete in Nov 2019

Experience Examiner Complete
Experience Examiner Complete in Dec 2019
Case to Board In Progress
You are almost there! you should be a P.Eng by the end of this month.
I won't have to go through the Academic Examiner and looking at your timeline, I should expect something by May.

traveler982

Star Member
Aug 25, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi my friends

I wanted to ask you for some help.

Namely, what if you work Engineering job under PEng supervisor, and you are still waiting for evaluation for Members in training, and that usually takes a year.
Can you claim that Canadian experience even though it’s obtained before you are registered as member in training?

My spouse is in that kind of situation, and little worried that that experience wouldn’t be recognized.

Thank you in advance

Skomer

Sep 23, 2019
Hi my friends

I wanted to ask you for some help.

Namely, what if you work Engineering job under PEng supervisor, and you are still waiting for evaluation for Members in training, and that usually takes a year.
Can you claim that Canadian experience even though it’s obtained before you are registered as member in training?

My spouse is in that kind of situation, and little worried that that experience wouldn’t be recognized.

Thank you in advance
Hi Traveler,

You don’t need an EIT to claim work experience under a P.Eng.

Having an EIT is beneficial because it proves to employers that you meet the academic requirements. It also speeds up your application for P.Eng because they won’t redo your academic review.

traveler982

Star Member
Aug 25, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Traveler,

You don’t need an EIT to claim work experience under a P.Eng.

Having an EIT is beneficial because it proves to employers that you meet the academic requirements. It also speeds up your application for P.Eng because they won’t redo your academic review.
Thank you so much for your reply, I really appreciate it.

I’m glad to hear that.

Have a nice day

Babyboy_legolas

Star Member
Nov 2, 2016
Thank you so much for your reply, I really appreciate it.

I’m glad to hear that.

Have a nice day
Also there is a little glitch to that. IN some cases APEGA can give you a special classification between EIT and PENG until you prove your 12 months of Canadian experience. I don't know the exact term for that but I participated in an APEGA presentation, a guy asked about his case and the guy from APEGA confirmed it. The 12 months of Canadian experience is not a written rule, but you need them.
The process is getting harder and harder by the month.

I was basically encouraged to redo my whole case just mentioning my Canadian experience, their actual words is "best interest" and the phone answer is that the decision is up to you. Who will take the risk?

traveler982

Star Member
Aug 25, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Also there is a little glitch to that. IN some cases APEGA can give you a special classification between EIT and PENG until you prove your 12 months of Canadian experience. I don't know the exact term for that but I participated in an APEGA presentation, a guy asked about his case and the guy from APEGA confirmed it. The 12 months of Canadian experience is not a written rule, but you need them.
The process is getting harder and harder by the month.

I was basically encouraged to redo my whole case just mentioning my Canadian experience, their actual words is "best interest" and the phone answer is that the decision is up to you. Who will take the risk?

Thank you for your advice. We plan to submit the forms for current experience as soon as the EIT is entitled.

Amysaa

Mar 4, 2019
I got my assessment outcome today and they have issued me FE exam
Hi Aamenah, how did you learn about the FE exam? Did you receive email from them?
I checked my account and my application was with board for feb2020, and my application status is not there anymore, but I did not receive any email from APEGA today?

luigi20

May 14, 2018
hey Amysaa , I havent received an email yet. my case was on board for feb 2020 as well. all I can see when I login is how to update my personal information. well It also says my name and eit non practising