+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

P.Eng APEGA (Professional Engineers of Alberta) review timeline

syed1214

Jul 7, 2018
Hi Guys,

Does anybody knows how long does it take to get NPPE exam results? APEGA website says its gonna take 3-4 weeks for them to release the test results.

Surena

Star Member
Jun 12, 2017
Hi Guys, I have a question. My bachelor's degree is from a foreign country, however, my master's is from U O A. They sent my case to the board. I have not got the results yet, but do you think they will want me to take the FE exam for MY P.Eng because my Bachelor's is not from a Canadian university? Thanks!

Last edited:

canada4evr

Star Member
Aug 20, 2013
Hi everyone,

My application is for the EIT license. I'm not getting any emails from APEGA when my case moves from one step to another. I was checking today and it says "Case to board - In Progress - May 2020". I guess it'll be the final decision about my application, but so far they are nos asking me for any exam. Any comments on that? someone is in the same situation?

Have a great day
We are on the same boat.. mine has been sent board as well for May 2020. I haven't received any additional information or requests

mbshez

Nov 30, 2015
Calgary
Hi Guys, I have a question. My bachelor's degree is from a foreign country, however, my master's is from U O A. They sent my case to the board. I have not got the results yet, but do you think they will want me to take the FE exam for MY P.Eng because my Bachelor's is not from a Canadian university? Thanks!
No need to worry! All cases go to the board. Almost everyone I know who had a masters degree from a Canadian university did not get assigned FE exams.
Can you give me your timeline, to get an idea of how long it will take for my application to move forward.
Thanks,

Surena

Star Member
Jun 12, 2017
No need to worry! All cases go to the board. Almost everyone I know who had a masters degree from a Canadian university did not get assigned FE exams.
Can you give me your timeline, to get an idea of how long it will take for my application to move forward.
Thanks,
Thanks for your response. I submitted my application in January, 2019! For some reason, I had three work experience examiners and two academic examiners! Maybe that is why it's been taking a long time. One of my references was not a P.Eng, so he said he could not approve my work although he let me mention his name as my reference!I am hoping his response will not have a bad effect on the examiners' decision! :(

roberto_gm

Oct 7, 2019
Hi everyone. I got an email from APEGA today and the BOE put the FE on my shoulders. Anyone in the same boat? I'm in Civil Engineering, so is there anyone that could give me feedback on how to prepare for it? Anyone selling the books? Thanks a lot in advance

Micasnake

Dec 11, 2017
My process took 1 year in total. yep...1 year to tell me that I do not meet requirements considering that I've been working all my life designing for oil and gas... Honestly, if I could only give one piece of advise for everybody that is starting their process do the following:

if you are applying to NPPE - buy the exercises online (I found very useful the site ppe practice exam. Obviously try to find as much as mock exercises you can to practice). They have videos explaining theory and multiple choices exercises as well as the explanation for the answers.
if you are doing CBA and filling in the forms - Also this site is a good tool for those who wants to get your CBA assessed by a PEng. They evaluate your form and tell what should be modified. I will do that since I don't want to have another deferral in my process. Basically it is like a cake recipe...if you don't write the way they like then...

Anyways...this is only my experience and I am not telling that is right or wrong.
Hey Vitor, I ave been deferred too for not meeting the minimum requirement in some competency categories, and they are asking me to complete these requirements, I am writing to you because you are having this issue also about CBAT, i want to know if you have done anything or you reviewed it, is that the case i would like to hear from you Thanks.

Surena

Star Member
Jun 12, 2017
Hey Vitor, I ave been deferred too for not meeting the minimum requirement in some competency categories, and they are asking me to complete these requirements, I am writing to you because you are having this issue also about CBAT, i want to know if you have done anything or you reviewed it, is that the case i would like to hear from you Thanks.
Hi, I do not understand how it works. If someone has been working on engineering designs and his project management skills are not enough, what would they expect him to do?quitting his job and finding a new job that meets that requirement?! how does it work? I'm so confused!!

Surena

Star Member
Jun 12, 2017
Hi everyone. I got an email from APEGA today and the BOE put the FE on my shoulders. Anyone in the same boat? I'm in Civil Engineering, so is there anyone that could give me feedback on how to prepare for it? Anyone selling the books? Thanks a lot in advance
Could you please let me know if your degree is Canadian?

mbshez

Nov 30, 2015
Calgary
Hi Guys! There was an update on my file today after 6 months of internal review. 2 fields for experience review appeared in the morning both said under reciew but then in the afternoon the first one said complete. Anyone had that happen as I thought it takes about a month to go through each examiner? I am scared they may have rejected part of my experience.

canada4evr

Star Member
Aug 20, 2013
Hi Guys! There was an update on my file today after 6 months of internal review. 2 fields for experience review appeared in the morning both said under reciew but then in the afternoon the first one said complete. Anyone had that happen as I thought it takes about a month to go through each examiner? I am scared they may have rejected part of my experience.
I had similar case. However, in my case I had experience review which appeared and completed on the same day. Next day, they have started 2nd experience review which have been completed on the same day. The following day, they have started 3rd experience review which took around 2 months before it was completed and my file then has been transferred to board. I have no update yet as board is meeting this month.

mbshez

Nov 30, 2015
Calgary
I had similar case. However, in my case I had experience review which appeared and completed on the same day. Next day, they have started 2nd experience review which have been completed on the same day. The following day, they have started 3rd experience review which took around 2 months before it was completed and my file then has been transferred to board. I have no update yet as board is meeting this month.
Thanks for you for your response. Please keep us updated on your application progress. Was the case sent to the board for May or June?

Last edited: