+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

P.Eng APEGA (Professional Engineers of Alberta) review timeline

Sam Sh

Star Member
Apr 30, 2019
Category........
FSW
I have a master's degree from a decent European university plus 5+ of experience. Any chance I pass all the requirements except 12 month Canadian experience or I have to anticipate things such NO EXPERIENCE and technical exam?!

RS999

Aug 14, 2017
Hello All,
I am applying for the Apega P.Eng application with a total of 6 years of technical experience in electrical/electronics. I need help with the competencies CBAT form to fill up. if anyone can share some examples for competencies, would be a great help to understand better and can fille the form with confidence.

RS999

Aug 14, 2017
Hello All,
I am applying for the Apega P.Eng application with a total of 6 years of technical experience in electrical/electronics. I need help with the competencies CBAT form to fill up. if anyone can share some examples for competencies, would be a great help to understand better and can fille the form with confidence.
Anyone can respond on this please??

jhunix

Star Member
Jan 9, 2017
Category........
Visa Office......
Cebu
App. Filed.......
19-07-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Hi All,

I just started my application for MIT or EIT in APEGA. I am in the process of filling in the information in the APEGA application portal. I just have a few questions regarding this.

1. Education : Can I declare my 1-year post-secondary certificate completed in Canada in my education section aside from the Bachelor's Degree that I have completed in my home country?

2. Comments : What do we put in here? I do not have any comments for my application though so I just wrote "None".

Here is my background:

BS Mechanical Engineering completed last October 2011
I have 6+ years of experience as a project engineer (MEP) in the construction industry ( 2012 to 2017)
Work gap (2018 til present) because I came here in Canada on a Student Visa and currently on my PGWP

I'm not sure if I will be required to take the FE Exam depending on their evaluation, but I plan to start studying ahead since most of the applicants were required. I read from this forum that some are taking FE Other Discipline. I don't know what the reason is but I am just curious about it and made me confuse. Should I take FE Other Discipline even though I am a graduate of Mechanical Engineering or I should stick to FE Mechanical. Can someone enlighten me about this?

Thank you in advance.

FutureImmi

May 8, 2014
Anyone can respond on this please??
Hello, I’m not sure if you ever manage to send in your cbat, but I can certainly help to review your cbat if you’d like that.

I won’t be comfortable sharing my own competencies and I don’t have any other examples.
Just to let you know, I am an electrical engineer and received my P.Eng last year.

Reactions: katavar77

FutureImmi

May 8, 2014
Hi All,

I just started my application for MIT or EIT in APEGA. I am in the process of filling in the information in the APEGA application portal. I just have a few questions regarding this.

1. Education : Can I declare my 1-year post-secondary certificate completed in Canada in my education section aside from the Bachelor's Degree that I have completed in my home country?

2. Comments : What do we put in here? I do not have any comments for my application though so I just wrote "None".

Here is my background:

BS Mechanical Engineering completed last October 2011
I have 6+ years of experience as a project engineer (MEP) in the construction industry ( 2012 to 2017)
Work gap (2018 til present) because I came here in Canada on a Student Visa and currently on my PGWP

I'm not sure if I will be required to take the FE Exam depending on their evaluation, but I plan to start studying ahead since most of the applicants were required. I read from this forum that some are taking FE Other Discipline. I don't know what the reason is but I am just curious about it and made me confuse. Should I take FE Other Discipline even though I am a graduate of Mechanical Engineering or I should stick to FE Mechanical. Can someone enlighten me about this?

Thank you in advance.
1. Yes you need to mention all your educational certifications and degrees obtained within and outside Canada.

2. I cannot tell you why others are taking FE other discipline but would advise you to do it in a field that you’ve experience in and the field of engineering that you’d want to practice in Canada. I’ve seen a friend take FE other discipline because their practice or degree doesn’t entirely fall within mechanical engineering.

Reactions: jhunix

FutureImmi

May 8, 2014
I have a master's degree from a decent European university plus 5+ of experience. Any chance I pass all the requirements except 12 month Canadian experience or I have to anticipate things such NO EXPERIENCE and technical exam?!
Your Master’s degree is usually not considered to waive FE requirements. FE exam is usually taken by students graduating with an engineering bachelor’s degree and are looking to build a career in engineering. FE is a graduate level examination which is supposed to test your Engineering fundamentals taught through out a Bachelors degree program.

I believe this requirement can be waived either by doing technical coursework or if you have a Bachelor’s from a Washington Accord university or probably a MS degree from a Canadian University.

I had a MS degree from US and had already done my FE before applying for EIT but APEGA did ask me to provide the FE certificate at that time for verification.

All the best!

Last edited:

jaydoshi3292

Aug 2, 2018
Hi all,

My application was under review by experience examiners. After the review by 2 examiners was complete, a third experience examiner was assigned. Is this common?

Thank you in advance.

jhunix

Star Member
Jan 9, 2017
Category........
Visa Office......
Cebu
App. Filed.......
19-07-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
1. Yes you need to mention all your educational certifications and degrees obtained within and outside Canada.

2. I cannot tell you why others are taking FE other discipline but would advise you to do it in a field that you’ve experience in and the field of engineering that you’d want to practice in Canada. I’ve seen a friend take FE other discipline because their practice or degree doesn’t entirely fall within mechanical engineering.

Thank you so much for your response to my questions @FutureImmi . This is really helpful.

Monashkhan

Jul 19, 2016
Hi all,

My application was under review by experience examiners. After the review by 2 examiners was complete, a third experience examiner was assigned. Is this common?

Thank you in advance.
Hi,
It is pretty normal for the application to be reviewed by up to 3 examiners as per APEGA.
Good luck!

Perelmutar

Jun 22, 2021
Hi @harsimranjot your answers are quiet helpful to candidates.
I need a help . I am having more than 11 year work experience in India. In Engineering of Power Plants and equipment design. I applied EIT , they assign FE Exam and I cleared in first attempt in December 2020. Now I am updating my application for P Eng . I am facing a bit difficulties in filling WRVL and CBAT files. Can I get few refences on internet ? I am looking it but not getting. If you are any reader in this group can help!
TIA
Hi JackMa, Would you please be able to share some of your experience with APEGA? My background is also in circulating cooling water systems design for Power Plants and currently I'm filling up CBAT and have some questions. Thanks in advance

ehsan_1978

Aug 12, 2020
Hi folks,
I graduated with a Bachelor's degree in Civil engineering 20 years ago. I have recently received the Apega board decision advising me that my competencies have not met the required score for the following key competencies
1.1-1.10, 2.1-2.3, 5.1.
They have given me an option to fix them. I would appreciate it if someone could kindly provide me with instructions or a template for these key competencies that I demonstrate my competencies based on them.
Here is my email address:
Ehsan.hassani.826@gmail.com
All the best,

Daps

May 12, 2012
Has anyone that recently passed the NPPE bought and wants to sell their copy of the Canadian Professional Engineering and Geoscience: Practice & Ethics, Sixth Edition, 2018 by Gordon C. Andrews ?

Ehaskhu

Star Member
Mar 28, 2019
Has anyone that recently passed the NPPE bought and wants to sell their copy of the Canadian Professional Engineering and Geoscience: Practice & Ethics, Sixth Edition, 2018 by Gordon C. Andrews ?
Try kijiji.ca and you will find all three books