+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

P.Eng APEGA (Professional Engineers of Alberta) review timeline

JackMa

Star Member
Aug 2, 2016
Looking advise for EIT,
Will ECA from WES used during express entry be useful or sealed transcript from the university sent from the institution is acceptable?
If you are applying to APEGA , ICAP services by WES is mandatory. If you have ECA from WES after December 2018, just upgrade to ICAP.

harsimranjot

Star Member
Dec 1, 2019
LUDHIANA PUNJAB
Category........
Visa Office......
chandigarh
Looking advise for EIT,
Will ECA from WES used during express entry be useful or sealed transcript from the university sent from the institution is acceptable?
The ECA report used for immigration is a document by document evaluation report. For Apega, you need course by course evaluation report. You can get your course by course report by applying with WES and paying the fees. There is no need to resend the documents as they have them in record when you applied for document by document evaluation earlier. Also, this process is really fast and will take only 10-15 days or maybe even earlier.

glenn9090

Star Member
Apr 29, 2014
Saudi Arabia
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13/06/2014
Doc's Request.
19/11/2014
Nomination.....
08/10/2014
IELTS Request
With Application
File Transfer...
14/11/2014
Med's Request
14/01/2015
Med's Done....
31/01/2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
05/03/2015
VISA ISSUED...
25/03/2015
LANDED..........
January 2016
My EIT application was approved in Jan 2020 and then the pandemic started. Paid over 400 CAD for just a little hope to get some engineering position as an EIT. After one year, could not land up in any job. And now the renewal is due 31 January 2021. Is it recommended to renew the membership or should i wait till i get some job offer

jaydoshi3292

Aug 2, 2018
I have 3 years of experience in US and almost 2 years in Canada. I submitted my application with APEGA and I was contacted to provide a P.Eng validator for my US work. The validator in question has P.Eng from US but they are not considering it and will treat him as non-P.eng validator. Anyone else had this issue?

boleko

Nov 17, 2014
Hi Everyone,

I just got my response from APEGA (Jan 2020) and they deferred my application as well. Below is what the email says. Does anyone have any experience with this? Does that mean I need to rewrite all of these sections again and resubmit them? It is also not clear if it is all of them or some of them in Category 1. C

"At this time, the Board has deferred approving your application and requires you to complete the requirement(s) indicated below:
1. Meet the minimum requirement in the following competency categories:
Competency Category 1 – Technical Competence
Competency Category 5 – Professionalism
You may choose to improve any key competencies in the above competency categories. The Board wishes to inform you that you have scored below the overall category requirements in the following key competencies: 1.1-1.10, 5.1."

boleko

Nov 17, 2014
Hi everyone,

Need some info regardin P.Eng requirements. I have recently landed in Canada and in the process of applying for a P.Eng from Alberta. I have a query regarding work references & validators. Since my complete experience is outside of Canada, can my supervisors there act as validators to evaluate my competencies for my work experience? Obviously they wont be having a P.Eng. So it is possible?
In this case, Apega asks for their CVs and would like to see a senior engineer. Apega will also inquire if they are registered to your country's engineering association, if there is one. You still need 1 year Canadian experience to be able to get your PEng and will have at least one reference for that.

skhzkausar

Star Member
Aug 4, 2008
Calgary
Hi Everyone,

I just got my response from APEGA (Jan 2020) and they deferred my application as well. Below is what the email says. Does anyone have any experience with this? Does that mean I need to rewrite all of these sections again and resubmit them? It is also not clear if it is all of them or some of them in Category 1. C

"At this time, the Board has deferred approving your application and requires you to complete the requirement(s) indicated below:
1. Meet the minimum requirement in the following competency categories:
Competency Category 1 – Technical Competence
Competency Category 5 – Professionalism
You may choose to improve any key competencies in the above competency categories. The Board wishes to inform you that you have scored below the overall category requirements in the following key competencies: 1.1-1.10, 5.1."
I was in your shoes back in Jun 2020 as my application was deferred but I applied for reassessment and I am waiting for a response as my Case to Board was Jan 2021. Did you received your email yesterday? Are you in Calgary?

skhzkausar

Star Member
Aug 4, 2008
Calgary
Hi everyone,

Need some info regardin P.Eng requirements. I have recently landed in Canada and in the process of applying for a P.Eng from Alberta. I have a query regarding work references & validators. Since my complete experience is outside of Canada, can my supervisors there act as validators to evaluate my competencies for my work experience? Obviously they wont be having a P.Eng. So it is possible?
Hi Kiran, better to wait for a year and work under one or many P.Eng form an organization and then apply. It will be very helpful.

skhzkausar

Star Member
Aug 4, 2008
Calgary
Hi @harsimranjot your answers are quiet helpful to candidates.
I need a help . I am having more than 11 year work experience in India. In Engineering of Power Plants and equipment design. I applied EIT , they assign FE Exam and I cleared in first attempt in December 2020. Now I am updating my application for P Eng . I am facing a bit difficulties in filling WRVL and CBAT files. Can I get few refences on internet ? I am looking it but not getting. If you are any reader in this group can help!
TIA
while you respond to Technical competency, it will help you a lot of you make your answers by replacing Design in place of Technical. I mean when you read a question in technical competence then read your question in context of your involvement with Design. To cut short Technical competency mean Design Competency. Are you based in Calgary?

Arnold John

Feb 13, 2021
I was in your shoes back in Jun 2020 as my application was deferred but I applied for reassessment and I am waiting for a response as my Case to Board was Jan 2021. Did you received your email yesterday? Are you in Calgary?
Hi i am in the same boat , I have only 5 years International experience I applied for P.Eng in April 2020 my case is to board now For March 2021 as it went quick can I suspect a rejection? Or what will be the possible outcomes

Arnold John

Feb 13, 2021
My process actually started from November Academic and Experience it went pretty quick is something wrong can I expect a rejection, I was only working for one international company abroad 5 years I applied For P.Eng

Arnold John

Feb 13, 2021
My process actually started from November Academic and Experience it went pretty quick is something wrong can I expect a rejection, I was only working for one international company abroad 5 years I applied For P.Eng
I started my application April 2020 landed in academic and experience by November March it is to case board can I expect a rejection or will they as for more experience

skhzkausar

Star Member
Aug 4, 2008
Calgary
I started my application April 2020 landed in academic and experience by November March it is to case board can I expect a rejection or will they as for more experience
It will only be a speculation to answer your question. I advise wait and see how things turn out. My file was with BOE for Jan 2021 but I haven't heard back yet. May be they will respond this week.

vagaxl

Dec 8, 2020
After 3 weeks of waiting time, I have passed the NPPE on Jan 25th and now my application is under the internal review phase.

boleko

Nov 17, 2014
I received the email on Feb 8. I can't believe it takes another 6 months. Hope it gets approved! How much of it did you have to do again? Do you mind sharing more about the reassessment process?

Last edited: