+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

P.Eng APEGA (Professional Engineers of Alberta) review timeline

haseebgull

Apr 12, 2022
Can someone provide me an example on how to address the following 2 APEGA competencies for an Electrical Engineer?

4.1 Resolve Differences
5.1 Work to resolve differences

haseebgull

Apr 12, 2022
Can someone provide me an example on how to address the following 2 APEGA competencies for an Electrical Engineer?

4.1 Resolve Differences
5.1 Work to resolve differences

Kiran9999

Star Member
Apr 4, 2019
The BOE decision on my application was to take the FE exam, gain 12 months of Canadian experience and satisfy some of the competencies using a PEng validator. I have now passed my FE exam and have gained 12 months of Canadian experience. I am about to re-submit my application with those competencies and I want to know how much time does it take for the BOE to make there decision again? Will it take the same time as the first time I submitted my application or will this go faster as this is a resubmission? Thank you.

Star12

May 23, 2022
Hi,

I am an internationally trained Engineer , I got my bachelor degree Outside Canada and my bachelor degree is accredited under Washington Accord and I applied as an EIT/MIT to APEGA when I move to Canada in 2019 and APEGA gave me a EIT /MIT title. and I am currently working as an EIT for one year in Canada and also I got a M Eng Degree from Ottawa University, Ontario in 2021. I got 8 years of working experience Outside Canada.

Can I start my PEng application now or Is there any chance that APEGA will assign any technical exams during my PEng application and will they go through the academic review again under PEng application or does EIT status assigned previously mean that I met all the academic requirement ?

Thank you.

Last edited:

Kiran9999

Star Member
Apr 4, 2019
Hi,

I am an internationally trained Engineer , I got my bachelor degree Outside Canada and my bachelor degree is accredited under Washington Accord and I applied as an EIT/MIT to APEGA when I move to Canada in 2019 and APEGA gave me a EIT /MIT title. and I am currently working as an EIT for one year in Canada and also I got a M Eng Degree from Ottawa University, Ontario in 2021. I got 8 years of working experience Outside Canada.

Can I start my PEng application now or Is there any chance that APEGA will assign any technical exams during my PEng application and will they go through the academic review again under PEng application or does EIT status assigned previously mean that I met all the academic requirement ?

Thank you.
EIT status means your academic requirement is completed. You wont be asked to write FE exams

alxms10

Dec 16, 2016
London-UK
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London-UK, then Paris-France, then Cairo-Egypt
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
08-06-2016
Doc's Request.
19-10-2016
AOR Received.
17-11-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
18-11-2016
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
05/05/2017, then 05/06/2017
VISA ISSUED...
22/06/2017
LANDED..........
07/08/2017
Hi guys

I am asking for a friend:

He is currently master's student but just became E.I.T. while on his master's. However, he has fours years of experience after his bachelor's back home but before coming to Canada. The question is: when he finishes his master's and works for at least one year in Canada, can he apply to become P.Eng.? Or considering he just became E.I.T. only experience after E.I.T. status counts?

Kiran9999

Star Member
Apr 4, 2019
Hi guys

I am asking for a friend:

He is currently master's student but just became E.I.T. while on his master's. However, he has fours years of experience after his bachelor's back home but before coming to Canada. The question is: when he finishes his master's and works for at least one year in Canada, can he apply to become P.Eng.? Or considering he just became E.I.T. only experience after E.I.T. status counts?
He is eligible to apply after 1 year of Canadian Experience

Xcell_aztec

Jan 12, 2019
Finally got my P.Eng last week.
Started my application in February with APEGA, took me basically the entire 90 days to write my CBAT and contact all my previous employers to get them to be my reference.
Formally submitted my application by end of May. Nothing happened until early August when an APEGA staff member emailed me that one of my references have improperly filled out a VORF form, which I promptly called them to correct it. After about another 3 weeks I was told by the same APEGA staff member that my application was in the review stage.
I took and passed the NPPE test around this time as well.
I was tracking my application progress through the APEGA portal and saw that things were progressing pretty fast, by early November it was at the "Case to board" stage after passing through 3 experience examiners.
Finally last week I was notified by email that I am now officially a P.Eng :)
Hi I am looking to take the NPPE exam soon, can you advise the easiest way for studying and passing the exam? I've a time crunch

Yogivrun

Star Member
Mar 18, 2015
Finally got my P.Eng last week.
Started my application in February with APEGA, took me basically the entire 90 days to write my CBAT and contact all my previous employers to get them to be my reference.
Formally submitted my application by end of May. Nothing happened until early August when an APEGA staff member emailed me that one of my references have improperly filled out a VORF form, which I promptly called them to correct it. After about another 3 weeks I was told by the same APEGA staff member that my application was in the review stage.
I took and passed the NPPE test around this time as well.
I was tracking my application progress through the APEGA portal and saw that things were progressing pretty fast, by early November it was at the "Case to board" stage after passing through 3 experience examiners.
Finally last week I was notified by email that I am now officially a P.Eng :)
hi ,
can I ask about your field? like you applied for Civil, Mechanical, computer Peng?

Yogivrun

Star Member
Mar 18, 2015
hi,
I have Bachelor in Computer Engineering from India. However, I am working with Construction Supplier since 2016. Am I eligible for P.eng for Civil?
as I have more then 4 years experiance, i would like to know if I am eligible for direct PENG .. Thanks

Varunaimar

Jan 25, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
18-03-2018
AOR Received.
20-05-2018
IELTS Request
29-12-2017
Med's Done....
08-05-2018
Passport Req..
20-09-2018
VISA ISSUED...
04-10-2018
LANDED..........
26-04-2019
hi,
I have Bachelor in Computer Engineering from India. However, I am working with Construction Supplier since 2016. Am I eligible for P.eng for Civil?
as I have more then 4 years experiance, i would like to know if I am eligible for direct PENG .. Thanks
You may be asked to take confirmatory exams since your degree is in Computer science.