04-10-2018
LANDED..........
26-04-2019
Reactions: Yogivrun

Yogivrun

Star Member
Mar 18, 2015
ok. thanks ...
So I need to submit the application and wait for the Board to give me some result and if they pass my application , i need to take NPPE. if they didn't then i need to take EIT exam and if I clear that then I need to apply for NPPE . Is that so?/

uetian119

Star Member
Mar 15, 2016
Ontario
Good Morning, I am just wondering about NPPE exam. I have applied for P.Eng. When will I have to complete this exam? Any material would be appreciated in prep. Thanks

Reactions: fahadazh

Varunaimar

Jan 25, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
18-03-2018
AOR Received.
20-05-2018
IELTS Request
29-12-2017
Med's Done....
08-05-2018
Passport Req..
20-09-2018
VISA ISSUED...
04-10-2018
LANDED..........
26-04-2019
Good Morning, I am just wondering about NPPE exam. I have applied for P.Eng. When will I have to complete this exam? Any material would be appreciated in prep. Thanks
Search for preparatory courses online. If you have already submitted your P.Eng application, you can take the exam anytime in the next one year.

Reactions: uetian119

Varunaimar

Jan 25, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
18-03-2018
AOR Received.
20-05-2018
IELTS Request
29-12-2017
Med's Done....
08-05-2018
Passport Req..
20-09-2018
VISA ISSUED...
04-10-2018
LANDED..........
26-04-2019
Reactions: uetian119

moe_218

Star Member
Jul 21, 2020
Good Day Everyone
I'm currently in the progress of filling my experience record. I've 2 degrees from an ABET accredited university outside Canada and over 8 years of experience in a well-known multinational oil and gas services company. Does anyone have a similar experience on filling the WRVL with a drilling/ exploration oil and gas experience? I find it slightly challenging since majority of work falls under the services category rather than the "Design" category.

Appreciating your feedback

subsenior

Nov 17, 2022
Hello,

I am in the process of starting my engineering licensing registration with APEGA before I land in Canada. I have over 8 years of oil and gas experience in both engineering design and services. I have a bachelor's degree in chemical engineering. Is it advisable to apply for P.ENG without Canadian work experience? Or I should go for E.I.T?

Please can someone guide me or show me a sample of how they went about their competency self-assessment worksheet?
Or should I register in another province like nova scotia engineers and later transfer to APEGA?

Most engineering jobs I see ask for a minimum of E.I.T

fahadazh

Star Member
Aug 29, 2016
hi there I am looking for some help with Apega application, as you have already filed that, can we connect please?

moe_218

Star Member
Jul 21, 2020
Hello,

I am in the process of starting my engineering licensing registration with APEGA before I land in Canada. I have over 8 years of oil and gas experience in both engineering design and services. I have a bachelor's degree in chemical engineering. Is it advisable to apply for P.ENG without Canadian work experience? Or I should go for E.I.T?

Please can someone guide me or show me a sample of how they went about their competency self-assessment worksheet?
Or should I register in another province like nova scotia engineers and later transfer to APEGA?

Most engineering jobs I see ask for a minimum of E.I.T

Hi

Just wanted to check if you moved any further with this? I'm in similar situation here and can't decide which path to follow ...

moe_218

Star Member
Jul 21, 2020
Hi Guys
I need some advice regarding choosing which license to apply for.
I got my BSc from Cairo University, Egypt and MSc from Technical University of Athens.
I have 7 years of experience outside Canada. 5 years within international consultants in structural design mostly working on projects in the gulf region where we use US codes and specs ( ACI, AISC & ASCE).

Would any of those years be an equivalent one year Canadian experience? because in that case I would apply for Licensee instead of E.I.T.
Hi Zahran

Just wanted to check where are you on this topic? I'm landing in Calgary few weeks from now and want to start my P.Eng or EIT application right away. I have 8 years of work experience with a multinational oil and gas company. I'm not sure if APEGA would consider this as equivalent to Candian experience or not !

Varunaimar

Jan 25, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
18-03-2018
AOR Received.
20-05-2018
IELTS Request
29-12-2017
Med's Done....
08-05-2018
Passport Req..
20-09-2018
VISA ISSUED...
04-10-2018
LANDED..........
26-04-2019
Hi Zahran

Just wanted to check where are you on this topic? I'm landing in Calgary few weeks from now and want to start my P.Eng or EIT application right away. I have 8 years of work experience with a multinational oil and gas company. I'm not sure if APEGA would consider this as equivalent to Candian experience or not !
If i were you i would apply for the license anyway. It will take APEGA a few weeks to assess your application and see if you can qualify to apply for P.Eng. directly.

Reactions: moe_218

moe_218

Star Member
Jul 21, 2020
If i were you i would apply for the license anyway. It will take APEGA a few weeks to assess your application and see if you can qualify to apply for P.Eng. directly.
Thanks for your reply. I'm just worried that it would take longer time to validate foreign experience and eventually still request a year of Candian experience anyway. This would probably few months wasted...

Another thing is fees, do I have to pay for EIT in case they did ask for 12 months Canadian experience?

Ed Doetzel

Star Member
Nov 9, 2022
Calgary
Thanks for your reply. I'm just worried that it would take longer time to validate foreign experience and eventually still request a year of Canadian experience anyway. This would probably few months wasted...

Another thing is fees, do I have to pay for EIT in case they did ask for 12 months Canadian experience?
It takes longer to validate foreign education but not experience.

The only snag on your foreign experience will be determining if your validators are equivalent to a licensed engineer in experience, knowledge and authority if they do not have a license in that country. APEGA refers to this equivalent engineer as a "Senior Practitioner".

Your validators can help you out by providing a resume or some other summary of their education and experience.

Would people be interested in an online seminar (i.e. zoom meeting) on the competency based assessment?

I could offer one through CyberEd (https://techexam.ca/).