Toronto
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-03-2012
singlemom said:
hi to all.....

Is there any problem if I forgot to put PR application in the envelope?

I have read some thread and asking about Ms. Christine Karazub who received some application since November 2011 but never heard anything yet? Even on on-line checking status. I'm afraid because my application was also received by Ms. Christine. Hope to hear from you guys?
I believe Ms Christine Karazub is just the personthat signs for mails at cic not necessarily an immigration officer.

Your PR application should have been in an envelope ...are you asking if you should have put it in a separate envelope from the OWP application?

singlemom

Star Member
May 9, 2011
Hi Karri,

I mean outside the envelope, because some of the applicant write the address like this:

Case Processing Centre
"Permanent Residence Application"
Vegreville, AB

karri

Dec 11, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-03-2012
singlemom said:
Hi Karri,

I mean outside the envelope, because some of the applicant write the address like this:

Case Processing Centre
"Permanent Residence Application"
Vegreville, AB
Hi Singlmom

Based on the application guide the envelope should just be addressed to
Case Processing Centre
Vegreville, AB
T9C 1W3

You should also add your return address and then the postage stamp. I dont think you need to worry.

flordz

Star Member
Jan 24, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
neng23 said:
hello mandip

What is an open work permit?

An open work permit is a less restrictive type of work permit that authorizes a foreign national to work in Canada in any job and for any employer(s) she or he chooses for the duration of the validity of the open work permit. A caregiver who completes the LCP and receives an open work permit is no longer required to live with his or her employer. Those holding open work permits are also not required to work on a full-time basis. In this way, an open work permit allows a worker greater flexibility not only in her or his ca-reer, but also in her or his private life.

Who is eligible to receive an open work permit?
A caregiver may only submit an application for an open work permit if she or he has completed 24 months, or 3,900 hours in 22 months of authorized work within 4 years of entering the LCP.

What documents are required to apply for an open work permit?
Caregivers hoping to apply for an open work permit must gather all documents required for a PR application, es-pecially proof that the caregiver has completed at least 24 months or 3,900 hours in 22 months of authorized work within 4 years of entering the LCP.

Caregivers eligible to apply for an open work permit are required to submit the following documents with the Open work permit application:

A completed application form (IMM1249 “Application to Change Conditions, Extend My Stay or Re-main in Canada”);
A document checklist form for the application (IMM 5556 “Document Checklist-Worker”);
A copy of a marriage certificate (if applicable);

Photocopies of relevant passport pages, these are:
-The page of the current or old passport that display's the caregiver's most recent entry into Canada;
- The front cover of the current passport;
-The front cover of the old passport (if it contains the most recent entry stamp);
- All pages of the current passport that display stamps, visas or photos; and The back page of the current passport, with signature and address information.

A labor market opinion (“LMO”), job offer letter or contract of employment from a prospective employer is NOT required when applying for an open work permit.

just asking is that true to not to include job offer/ contract/ LMO is your OWP application? can anybody clear this for me? thanks...

ustian

Star Member
Apr 16, 2012
flordz said:
just asking is that true to not to include job offer/ contract/ LMO is your OWP application? can anybody clear this for me? thanks...
You don't need to attach a contract, job offer letter or lmo, if you submit your OWP together with PR application. You can call CIC for being more sure, what documents you exactly need to send them.

LC.Calgary

Apr 23, 2012
One friend got just today, so she applied end of January 2012. So much happy for her )))
But another my friend applied August 1, 2011; still NOTHING, now she is waiting for the OWP 10 months already.

LC.Calgary

Apr 23, 2012
Both my friends are single, no dependents. That's really confusing... how does the CIC work? I'm of course happy for my friend, now she has her OWP. But still not fair for other girls who waiting for so long like almost a year or even more..... Is the rule "First come, first serve" still exist?

cats_lover

Star Member
Apr 13, 2011
BC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
OWP/ PR 02-04-12
annemarie91104 said:
cic received my apps feb. 3 2012...and i just got owp today in the mail.signed May 23,2012 :)
When were you able to see your ecase? or on the hot line??

annemarie91104

Star Member
Feb 27, 2011
tried to called the hotline lastnite it didnt said if its approve or not...only application was received on feb. 3 2012. my e-case first week of may i was able to see my name there.same thing it says when they received my application and thats it...its didnt say it was approve or owp issued pending lic.