+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OWP and PR application January 2012

akina green

Star Member
Sep 1, 2011
riaivy1980 said:
It's a good news for me today, called Cic hoping that my application was approve. Sent
My app for OWP/PR January 7, 2012 and CIC received January 9. And the agent said received my application January 10 and was approved April 18, 2012 and my OWP was mailed to me and maybe later or next week I will receive it. So happy, was crying and laughing at the same time. I guess my being unemployed for the last 3 months was worth it. Lol! To everyone here at the forum, thanks for the company and have made a lot of friends here. And I just talked to my friend in New Brunswick, I've asked her to call Cic because we sent at the same time and the agent told her that her OWP is on the way too as it was approved April 17. ;D ;D :D :D
im so happy for you!!! ;D

congratz!!!! :D

neng23

Star Member
Oct 24, 2011
Vancouver,B.C.
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 21, 2015
Doc's Request.
August 6, 2015 (Passport, Appendix A)
AOR Received.
June 26, 2015
File Transfer...
July 20, 2015 (SA email)
Med's Request
(Upfront)
Med's Done....
May 4,2015
Passport Req..
August 6, 2015 e-cas updated to "In Process" but started processing on July 20, 2015 August 8, 2015 Passport received by CEM August 10
VISA ISSUED...
very soon
LANDED..........
very soon
Hi guys
Am soo happy !!! just received my OWP 5 minutes ago :) am trembling as i open it ! Gotcha!! my OWP is valid until April 16, 2016 same as d validity of my passport...THANKS GOD!!!

still hoping and praying for those who are waiting for their OWP...u will received it soon guys...just keep d faith :) Godbless us all

WinniePooh

Apr 8, 2012
Good news! Congrads! It means CIC releases OWP for applicants PR, and time is about 3-3,5 months. Just keep patience and don't panic! All will be OK! We deserve it!

neng23

Star Member
Oct 24, 2011
Vancouver,B.C.
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 21, 2015
Doc's Request.
August 6, 2015 (Passport, Appendix A)
AOR Received.
June 26, 2015
File Transfer...
July 20, 2015 (SA email)
Med's Request
(Upfront)
Med's Done....
May 4,2015
Passport Req..
August 6, 2015 e-cas updated to "In Process" but started processing on July 20, 2015 August 8, 2015 Passport received by CEM August 10
VISA ISSUED...
very soon
LANDED..........
very soon
WinniePooh said:
Good news! Congrads! It means CIC releases OWP for applicants PR, and time is about 3-3,5 months. Just keep patience and don't panic! All will be OK! We deserve it!
Yes WinniePooh :) patience is virtue and of cors fervent prayers :)

riaivy1980

Jun 2, 2010
neng23 said:
Hi guys
Am soo happy !!! just received my OWP 5 minutes ago :) am trembling as i open it ! Gotcha!! my OWP is valid until April 16, 2016 same as d validity of my passport...THANKS GOD!!!

still hoping and praying for those who are waiting for their OWP...u will received it soon guys...just keep d faith :) Godbless us all
hi neng, congrats! I just got home too and Ive got my OWP signed 18 April 2012 and expires 17, April 2016. Thanks God!

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
Good for you guys; just goes to disprove some detractors who are putting fear in the heart and minds of people who are waiting for their OWPs. Congratulations :)

riaivy1980 said:
It's a good news for me today, called Cic hoping that my application was approve. Sent
My app for OWP/PR January 7, 2012 and CIC received January 9. And the agent said received my application January 10 and was approved April 18, 2012 and my OWP was mailed to me and maybe later or next week I will receive it. So happy, was crying and laughing at the same time. I guess my being unemployed for the last 3 months was worth it. Lol! To everyone here at the forum, thanks for the company and have made a lot of friends here. And I just talked to my friend in New Brunswick, I've asked her to call Cic because we sent at the same time and the agent told her that her OWP is on the way too as it was approved April 17. ;D ;D :D :D

Fiona19

Jun 3, 2011
Ive reading and doing some research about OW if you dont have a job offer. For me is kind of a contradiction because if Im looking for a job the first thing that any employer ask is for the WP, but how can I get one if I cant get any offer without the WP.

My PR application is almost ready to send as my husband (canadian citizen) is my sponsor. If any one can give me more information or any advice on how can I apply for a OP I will appreciate.

Thanks...

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
If the sponsorship is inland, submit an application for OWP together with your Sponsorship/PR application. You'll get your OWP after the first stage approval. Without the OWP you can't start working or you can try working as a TFW, but your prospective employer needs to go through the process of hiring a foreign worker, and you'll have to apply for a WP once a positive LMO has been obtained.

Fiona19 said:
Ive reading and doing some research about OW if you dont have a job offer. For me is kind of a contradiction because if Im looking for a job the first thing that any employer ask is for the WP, but how can I get one if I cant get any offer without the WP.

My PR application is almost ready to send as my husband (canadian citizen) is my sponsor. If any one can give me more information or any advice on how can I apply for a OP I will appreciate.

Thanks...

hawk0404

Jan 21, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2012
Med's Request
May 2014
Med's Done....
June 2014
Interview........
i hope sooon...
Passport Req..
i hope sooon...
:D Congratulations to those who got their OWP!!!

job_seeker said:
Good for you guys; just goes to disprove some detractors who are putting fear in the heart and minds of people who are waiting for their OWPs. Congratulations :)

lilay123

Star Member
Apr 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-12-2014
AOR Received.
10-12-2014
File Transfer...
12-03-2015
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
24-06-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
06-04-2015 In Process: 06-05-2015
riaivy1980 said:
I am happy for you :D

Fiona19

Jun 3, 2011
job_seeker said:
If the sponsorship is inland, submit an application for OWP together with your Sponsorship/PR application. You'll get your OWP after the first stage approval. Without the OWP you can't start working or you can try working as a TFW, but your prospective employer needs to go through the process of hiring a foreign worker, and you'll have to apply for a WP once a positive LMO has been obtained.
Thanks for your response... Im applying outland via Mexico City office, and as far as I know mexican citizen dont need a LMO. But my question is with this process how can apply for a OWP.

Thanks

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
Explore NAFTA then. Start a new thread. With the sponsorship being done outland you can start working when you receive your PR and "land"

Fiona19 said:
Thanks for your response... Im applying outland via Mexico City office, and as far as I know mexican citizen dont need a LMO. But my question is with this process how can apply for a OWP.

Thanks

singlemom

Star Member
May 9, 2011
Congrtas to all who got their OWP.........!

I'd like to ask, how can I check my application status on-line? I submit my application for OWP and PR last January 19 and received by CIC January 20 I checked thru post canada....... please tell me...... thank you guys.......

richmondhill

Star Member
Feb 20, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
job_seeker said:
Explore NAFTA then. Start a new thread. With the sponsorship being done outland you can start working when you receive your PR and "land"
hi jobseeker,

i just want to ask something about my MULTIPLE TRV. my MULTIPLE TRV, passport and working permit are valid until july 11, 2013. my question is if i renew my passport prior to the submission of my application for OWP/PR on august, will i still be able to use the MULTIPLE TRV in my old passport? i'm planning to spend my christmas vacation in the philippines.

please let me know.

thank you jobseeker

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
Yes just keep your old passport and present together with your new passport and owp.

richmondhill said:
hi jobseeker,

i just want to ask something about my MULTIPLE TRV. my MULTIPLE TRV, passport and working permit are valid until july 11, 2013. my question is if i renew my passport prior to the submission of my application for OWP/PR on august, will i still be able to use the MULTIPLE TRV in my old passport? i'm planning to spend my christmas vacation in the philippines.

please let me know.

thank you jobseeker