+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OWP and PR application January 2012

singlemom

Star Member
May 9, 2011
Hello everyone,

Just wanna asked what is the latest news about processing the OWP of a caregiver? A friend of mine told me 3 weeks, I file my application last January 19, 2012 but never received any yet. And I keep checking my application status on net, but it says can't found anything about the information I entered. If this news real I should have it right? I'm going for vacation on March 15 to April 2, hopefully before I leave I'll have it in my hand. Godspeed........... Thanks to all of you guys.

singlemom

Star Member
May 9, 2011
by the way thanks to all of you guys for sharing a lot of info and guides about applying or filing for anything on the CIC, specially Job_seeker....... thank you so much, I have my TRV exactly 3 weeks after I file it at Fort Erie.

riaivy1980

Jun 2, 2010
I've sent mine January 7, 2012, and they received January 9, same as my friend who also submitted the same time but she's in NB. And we haven't received any yet.

darookie

Star Member
Jan 3, 2012
im thinking that those who submitted their application january 20 onwards got their OWP faster.. my friend submitted january 24 and received her OWP feb 10.. last week i called CIC and was informed that vegreville is processing application received mid november. i submitted mine December 11 and no updates yet.

madpotato

Nov 24, 2011
darookie said:
im thinking that those who submitted their application january 20 onwards got their OWP faster.. my friend submitted january 24 and received her OWP feb 10.. last week i called CIC and was informed that vegreville is processing application received mid november. i submitted mine December 11 and no updates yet.
Mid of nov? Jan applicants already got OWP in hand , confusing about their system

riaivy1980

Jun 2, 2010
darookie said:
shocks ha? They're choosing applications to process.This is becoming like a race among us applicants. Oh well, what can we do? Nothing, I guess. Just wait!

neng23

Star Member
Oct 24, 2011
Vancouver,B.C.
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 21, 2015
Doc's Request.
August 6, 2015 (Passport, Appendix A)
AOR Received.
June 26, 2015
File Transfer...
July 20, 2015 (SA email)
Med's Request
(Upfront)
Med's Done....
May 4,2015
Passport Req..
August 6, 2015 e-cas updated to "In Process" but started processing on July 20, 2015 August 8, 2015 Passport received by CEM August 10
VISA ISSUED...
very soon
LANDED..........
very soon
hi guyz

I sent my OWP/PR application last December 30,2011 and CIC recieved on January 3, 2012... until now i haven't receive my OWP ...no updates from CIC... hope we can have our OWP this month of February...gudluck and Godbless us all...

riaivy1980

Jun 2, 2010
neng23 said:
hi guyz

I sent my OWP/PR application last December 30,2011 and CIC recieved on January 3, 2012... until now i haven't receive my OWP ...no updates from CIC... hope we can have our OWP this month of February...gudluck and Godbless us all...
I hope too!

richmondhill

Star Member
Feb 20, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi everyone!

i just want to ask how many weeks or months is the processing for open work permit, for those who will submit their application this 2012?

hope you receive your open work permit as soon as possible.

thanks guys!

neng23

Star Member
Oct 24, 2011
Vancouver,B.C.
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 21, 2015
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
June 26, 2015
File Transfer...
July 20, 2015 (SA email)
Med's Request
(Upfront)
Med's Done....
May 4,2015
Passport Req..
August 6, 2015 e-cas updated to "In Process" but started processing on July 20, 2015 August 8, 2015 Passport received by CEM August 10
VISA ISSUED...
very soon
LANDED..........
very soon
richmondhill said:
hi everyone!

i just want to ask how many weeks or months is the processing for open work permit, for those who will submit their application this 2012?

hope you receive your open work permit as soon as possible.

thanks guys!
hello richmondhill

just wanna share this one , i copy n paste taken from a newsletter....

What has changed?
Prior to 11 December 2011, caregivers completing the LCP were only is-sued open work permits after their applications for PR were “approved in principle.” This is generally referred to as “stage 1” in the PR process. The stage 1 approval process involves verifying whether a caregiver has met all the requirements of the program and has completed 24 months of author-ized work. The estimated processing times for stage 1 approval is 18 months.

Since 11 December 2011, CIC has decided that open work permits may be issued before a caregiver’s application for PR receives approval in princi-ple. This means that caregivers no longer have to wait 18 months for an open work permit. The choice by CIC to issue an open work permit earlier in the PR process is purely a policy decision and is always subject to change. There is no law that requires CIC to issue an open work permit be-fore a caregiver’s application reaches Stage 1.

What is the current estimated processing time to issue an open work permit?

CIC posts all estimated processing times for immigration applications on its website. As of 25 January 2012, CIC estimates that it will take 32 days for an open work permit to be processed when an application is submitted by mail. Applications for open work permits submitted online are processed faster- in as few as 13 days. Caregivers should be aware that supporting documents have to be in electronic format in order to send a complete online application.
Caregivers should also bear in mind that the estimated processing times are always changing. The posted proc-essing times are just estimates. CIC is not legally bound to process applications in accordance with the esti-mated times on the CIC website.

neng23

Star Member
Oct 24, 2011
Vancouver,B.C.
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 21, 2015
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
June 26, 2015
File Transfer...
July 20, 2015 (SA email)
Med's Request
(Upfront)
Med's Done....
May 4,2015
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
very soon
LANDED..........
very soon
neng23 said:
hello richmondhill

What has changed?
Prior to 11 December 2011, caregivers completing the LCP were only is-sued open work permits after their applications for PR were “approved in principle.” This is generally referred to as “stage 1” in the PR process. The stage 1 approval process involves verifying whether a caregiver has met all the requirements of the program and has completed 24 months of author-ized work. The estimated processing times for stage 1 approval is 18 months.

Since 11 December 2011, CIC has decided that open work permits may be issued before a caregiver's application for PR receives approval in princi-ple. This means that caregivers no longer have to wait 18 months for an open work permit. The choice by CIC to issue an open work permit earlier in the PR process is purely a policy decision and is always subject to change. There is no law that requires CIC to issue an open work permit be-fore a caregiver's application reaches Stage 1.

CIC posts all estimated processing times for immigration applications on its website. As of 25 January 2012, CIC estimates that it will take 32 days for an open work permit to be processed when an application is submitted by mail. Applications for open work permits submitted online are processed faster- in as few as 13 days. Caregivers should be aware that supporting documents have to be in electronic format in order to send a complete online application.
Caregivers should also bear in mind that the estimated processing times are always changing. The posted proc-essing times are just estimates. CIC is not legally bound to process applications in accordance with the esti-mated times on the CIC website.

As for my case it been 50 days already since i submitted my OWP/PR apps but i haven't receive yet....so wer's d 32 days of CIC?????????????????

mandip

Star Member
Nov 18, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi neng23
can u plz tell me the definition of open work permit?
i mean i am under LCP, i will complete my 24months in coming august.
when should i apply for owp and where an application forms are available for owp?i could not find anywhere on cic website AND
IS IT POSSIBLE TO APPLY FOR HUSBAND AND DAUGHTER WITH OWP BEFORE GET PR STATUS?
PLZ REPLY
i need reply soon
PLZ HELP ME

richmondhill

Star Member
Feb 20, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
neng23 said:
hello richmondhill

What has changed?

Thank you for the info neng23. The reason why i asked about the OWP bcoz i need to have my 1month vacation on december. I just want to know if I can go outside the country while my papers are on process for OWP?

I hope that you will recieve your owp soon.

Thank you so much.

Since 11 December 2011, CIC has decided that open work permits may be issued before a caregiver's application for PR receives approval in princi-ple. This means that caregivers no longer have to wait 18 months for an open work permit. The choice by CIC to issue an open work permit earlier in the PR process is purely a policy decision and is always subject to change. There is no law that requires CIC to issue an open work permit be-fore a caregiver's application reaches Stage 1.

neng23

Star Member
Oct 24, 2011
Vancouver,B.C.
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 21, 2015
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
June 26, 2015
File Transfer...
July 20, 2015 (SA email)
Med's Request
(Upfront)
Med's Done....
May 4,2015
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
very soon
LANDED..........
very soon
mandip said:
hi neng23
can u plz tell me the definition of open work permit?
i mean i am under LCP, i will complete my 24months in coming august.
when should i apply for owp and where an application forms are available for owp?i could not find anywhere on cic website AND
IS IT POSSIBLE TO APPLY FOR HUSBAND AND DAUGHTER WITH OWP BEFORE GET PR STATUS?
PLZ REPLY
i need reply soon
PLZ HELP ME
hello mandip

What is an open work permit?

An open work permit is a less restrictive type of work permit that authorizes a foreign national to work in Canada in any job and for any employer(s) she or he chooses for the duration of the validity of the open work permit. A caregiver who completes the LCP and receives an open work permit is no longer required to live with his or her employer. Those holding open work permits are also not required to work on a full-time basis. In this way, an open work permit allows a worker greater flexibility not only in her or his ca-reer, but also in her or his private life.

Who is eligible to receive an open work permit?
A caregiver may only submit an application for an open work permit if she or he has completed 24 months, or 3,900 hours in 22 months of authorized work within 4 years of entering the LCP.

What documents are required to apply for an open work permit?
Caregivers hoping to apply for an open work permit must gather all documents required for a PR application, es-pecially proof that the caregiver has completed at least 24 months or 3,900 hours in 22 months of authorized work within 4 years of entering the LCP.

Caregivers eligible to apply for an open work permit are required to submit the following documents with the Open work permit application:

A completed application form (IMM1249 “Application to Change Conditions, Extend My Stay or Re-main in Canada”);
A document checklist form for the application (IMM 5556 “Document Checklist-Worker”);
A copy of a marriage certificate (if applicable);

Photocopies of relevant passport pages, these are:
-The page of the current or old passport that display’s the caregiver’s most recent entry into Canada;
- The front cover of the current passport;
-The front cover of the old passport (if it contains the most recent entry stamp);
- All pages of the current passport that display stamps, visas or photos; and The back page of the current passport, with signature and address information.

A labor market opinion (“LMO”), job offer letter or contract of employment from a prospective employer is NOT required when applying for an open work permit.

neng23

Star Member
Oct 24, 2011
Vancouver,B.C.
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 21, 2015
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
June 26, 2015
File Transfer...
July 20, 2015 (SA email)
Med's Request
(Upfront)
Med's Done....
May 4,2015
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
very soon
LANDED..........
very soon
to all those who applied for OWP/PR apps 2012 under LCP:

- does anyone receive ur OWP?
- do u hve any updates? pls share...

Gudluck n Godbless us all.....