+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ottawa Case Processing Centre applicants - Lets connect here.

ethan86

Star Member
Dec 6, 2017
hi guys,
My additional documents now reads: "We need more documents to continue processing your application" and I've got no mail from CIC nor see any changes or place holder in my application. Is this a glitch in the system or this means something? This change came few days after i ordered GCMS notes.
Some weeks before ordering the notes, I got ADR and uploaded the response 2 days after. since the upload of the response, my additional document read " The documents you provided are being reviewed".
Any idea as to what is happening?
It happens same to me too. Previously I was stuck at IP1 without MEP for more than 1 month. After that I requested GCMS on 15th feb and 16th the message show "We need more documents to continue processing your application". On the same day I received MEP and background changed to NA2.

harrys147

Star Member
Oct 19, 2017
Hello,

FSW-O
AOR: 21/12/17
MEP:09/01/18
IP1:09/01/18
ADR1: I5562E (TRAVEL HISTORY)- UPLOADED: 12/01/2018
ADR2: FBI PCC- UPLOADED: 09/02/2018
VO: CPC-OTTAWA

it is still in "The additional documents you have uploaded are under review"

Astounding18

Star Member
Nov 16, 2017
Hello,

FSW-O

It should change soon as their review is completed. Mine changed within days.

amug

Star Member
Dec 19, 2017
Hello,

FSW-O

I have been at this same situation for the past 28 days.

I uploaded travel history first and then PCC.

I have encoutered four situations in this forum where IP1 went to PPR directly. So lets just hope that we are the same case :)

Are you considering GCMS notes? I am starting to ...

Good luck :)!

Nobatia

Aug 20, 2017
United Arab Emirates
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
29-12-2017
AOR Received.
29-12-2017
Med's Done....
15-01-2018
Passport Req..
02-05-2018
VISA ISSUED...
03-06-2018
LANDED..........
13-10-2018
I received confirmation that my file is being processed at the Case Processing Centre in Ottawa. Kinda expected the local visa office in Abu Dhabi would be processing the file, but it doesn't really matter either way right?

My timeline is in my signature, I only have to add that the additional documents status has been the same since the day I submitted my application. I guess they have not gotten around to reading my LOE yet for some reason.
Review of additional documents: The additional documents you provided are being reviewed.

I'm holding off ordering notes until the end of this month at least. It's not like I'm impatient, but it would help to know if the processing is going normally or if there will be a possible delay due to Security Screening for example.

Good luck to everyone.

Reactions: amug

sidroy09

Jul 26, 2013
Hey Guys,
I finally found a thread which is similar to my case.

Application Details:
---------------------
CRS: 481
Category: FSW-Outland
e-AOR: Dec 18, 2017
---------------------
Application status: We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.
Review of eligibility: We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results: You passed the medical exam. (DATE: Jan 4, 2018)
Review of additional documents: The additional documents you provided are being reviewed. (DATE: Jan 15, 2018, FBI Submitted on Jan 14, 2018)
Interview: You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics: We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check: Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check.
Final decision: Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

Yesterday I sent an email to cpc-ctd-ottawa@cic.gc.ca asking about visa office. They replied as follows:
[
Please note that your application is being processed at the Case Processing Centre in Ottawa as per our regulatory timeline. Please note that we cannot confirm when your file will be ready for finalization.

An officer will contact you if further information is required.

]

I can see many applicants with similar time period of AOR getting into NA2 or IP2 by now. But I believe most of the cases with ADR are stuck in IP1 as per online status. I will wait till March 15 before ordering notes.

Reactions: amug

amug

Star Member
Dec 19, 2017
Hey Guys,

Application Details:
---------------------
---------------------
Application status: We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.
Review of eligibility: We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of additional documents: The additional documents you provided are being reviewed. (DATE: Jan 15, 2018, FBI Submitted on Jan 14, 2018)
Interview: You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics: We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check: Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check.
Final decision: Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

Yesterday I sent an email to cpc-ctd-ottawa@cic.gc.ca asking about visa office. They replied as follows:
[
Please note that your application is being processed at the Case Processing Centre in Ottawa as per our regulatory timeline. Please note that we cannot confirm when your file will be ready for finalization.

]

I can see many applicants with similar time period of AOR getting into NA2 or IP2 by now. But I believe most of the cases with ADR are stuck in IP1 as per online status. I will wait till March 15 before ordering notes.
Same scenario exactly. How many days are you stuck in this status?

Was your application first received at Sydney Intake Office?

sidroy09

Jul 26, 2013
Same scenario exactly. How many days are you stuck in this status?

Was your application first received at Sydney Intake Office?
1. Review of additional documents: The additional documents you provided are being reviewed. (From : Jan 15, 2018, FBI Submitted on Jan 14, 2018)

2. I did not get any notification of my file before this email response. The online status is same from Jan 15, 2018. How do you know where your file was before reaching Ottawa?

Last edited:

sidroy09

Jul 26, 2013
The case processing centre office in Ottawa (CPC-O) processes:

• visitor visa (temporary resident visa) applications from within Canada for applicants with valid status (students or temporary foreign workers only)
  • permanent resident visa applications from the United States and Canada after they have been pre-screened by CPC-M or CIO-S
SOURCE: http://www.immconsultant.net/cpc

Anyone have any idea about "pre-screened by CPC-M or CIO-S" ?

Reactions: javier.abraham

amug

Star Member
Dec 19, 2017
1. Review of additional documents: The additional documents you provided are being reviewed. (From : Jan 15, 2018, FBI Submitted on Jan 14, 2018)

2. I did not get any notification of my file before this email response. The online status is same from Jan 15, 2018. How do you know where your file was before reaching Ottawa?
I sent an email a few weeks before as I needed to know the visa office for PCC. The email said Sydney Central Intake Office before. Now, it said Ottawa CPC.

I hope this entire thing gets figured out soon.

If its normal processing I would be fine. Its just frustrating that I have the impression that our applications are put on the side ...

Reactions: sidroy09

javier.abraham

Star Member
Apr 10, 2017
Dominican Republic
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Mexico
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
28-01-2018
Hi Everyone,

I also inquired about my CPC and it's Ottawa. I thought it would be Mexico since it's my LVO. Curious to know what being pre-screened involves:

The case processing centre office in Ottawa (CPC-O) processes:

• visitor visa (temporary resident visa) applications from within Canada for applicants with valid status (students or temporary foreign workers only)
  • permanent resident visa applications from the United States and Canada after they have been pre-screened by CPC-M or CIO-S
SOURCE: http://www.immconsultant.net/cpc

Anyone have any idea about "pre-screened by CPC-M or CIO-S" ?
Here is my timeline

AoR: 28/01/2018
MEP: 08/02/2018
IP1: 09/02/2018
NA2: 12/02/18

harrys147

Star Member
Oct 19, 2017
I have been at this same situation for the past 28 days.

I uploaded travel history first and then PCC.

I have encoutered four situations in this forum where IP1 went to PPR directly. So lets just hope that we are the same case :)

Are you considering GCMS notes? I am starting to ...

Good luck :)!
Same with me....travel history and when i received pcc than uploaded it.

yes i am also considering GCMS notes.....I wish the same for us..hope we see direct ppr

harrys147

Star Member
Oct 19, 2017
Hey Guys,

Application Details:
---------------------
---------------------

[

]

same with me....i am also in IP1...i submitted FBI PCC on 09/02/2018...same status.."Docs are being reviewed"

harrys147

Star Member
Oct 19, 2017

Usually all applications first go to CIO, sydney, Nova Scotia for R10 completeness check and PCC check. than moves to CPC- Ottawa for other checks during IP1. After NA2 almost half the files move to respective VOs to reduce work load. to know where you file is...you have to email and ask for it.

in my case, i emailed to know my VO and they replied that its being processed at Intake office sydney, Nova Scotia(in first email). in second email i got response that my file is moved to CPC- Ottawa.