+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ottawa applicants

applicant361

Star Member
Mar 19, 2015
cprak0 said:
Yes, that's what I meant. For a few ppl right here on this forum, there have been no eCAS updates after the LOT line, but these ppl have got test invites and even oaths, though there have been no eCAS updates.
But for most ppl, eCAS updates first before ppl receive the TEST invites.
Bottom line. Keep checking mailboxes and eCAS.
Thank you, super helpful!

betoherman

Star Member
Apr 10, 2015
Hey people from Ottawa, did you get the Ecas Update today?
Mine does not look good. I passed my test 22 days ago and today I received this update. Doesn't look good

"We sent you correspondence on November 3, 2015. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required"

I went to check the mail and I have nothing yet. I hope I can have it tomorrow to see what else they need. Hope nothing is wrong. Good luck everyone. Hopefully is not the same for you all.
Ottawa applicant

cprak0

May 25, 2010
Ottawa
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
21-05-2011
betoherman said:
Hey people from Ottawa, they you get the Ecas Update today?
Mine does not look good. I passed my test 22 days ago and today I received this update. Doesn't look good

"We sent you correspondence on November 3, 2015. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required"

I went to check the mail and I have nothing yet. I hope I can have it tomorrow to see what else they need. Hope nothing is wrong. Embarrassed Good luck everyone. Hopefully is not the same for you all.
Ottawa applicant
Some update is better than no update. If it was OK at the interview, it should be something minor, probably documents to support residence may be...

no update since Oct2 test for us...

Ibby

Jul 6, 2015
Hello everybody
I received my test invitation yesterday, Ottawa

- We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on May 11, 2015.
- We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on June 25, 2015.
- We started processing your application on July 3, 2015.
- We sent you a notice on November 3, 2015 to appear and write the citizenship test on November 19, 2015 at 10:15 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

:)

nncs

Mar 9, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
6-Jan-2010
AOR Received.
26-Jan-2010
File Transfer...
8-Feb-2010
Interview........
10-Aug-2010
Passport Req..
16-Dec-2010
LANDED..........
12-05-2011

nncs

Mar 9, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
6-Jan-2010
AOR Received.
26-Jan-2010
File Transfer...
8-Feb-2010
Interview........
10-Aug-2010
Passport Req..
16-Dec-2010
LANDED..........
12-05-2011
Nope nothing on my end. Any news for you?

betoherman

Star Member
Apr 10, 2015
cprak0 said:
Some update is better than no update. If it was OK at the interview, it should be something minor, probably documents to support residence may be...

no update since Oct2 test for us...
Hello there, it was fingerprints actually. I got it on november 9. The lady said it will take 2 weeks so CIC gets the results... Then is a matter of another CIC officer to rush or delay it. Bad bad. Seems that Im the unlucky one. Cheers

cprak0

May 25, 2010
Ottawa
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
21-05-2011
Fingerprint requests are asked if something in your details (name/ DOB/ address) matched up with some of the database... but if that's the case, it usually doesn't seem to delay by much... may be 3-4 weeks or did u say that the FP would take 2 weeks just to reach CIC? Make sure to get the digital FP, which is way faster to transmit and receive, though more expensive, I have heard... again ppl on this forum, not my experience....

Looks like Ottawa has one day in Nov (Nov 23 8:45) as per the official listing for ceremonies... so 3rd week of every month for Oath ceremonies in Ottawa seems to pan out... I guess, they would take Dec off, being so close to the holidays...

betoherman

Star Member
Apr 10, 2015
cprak0 said:
Fingerprint requests are asked if something in your details (name/ DOB/ address) matched up with some of the database... but if that's the case, it usually doesn't seem to delay by much... may be 3-4 weeks or did u say that the FP would take 2 weeks just to reach CIC? Make sure to get the digital FP, which is way faster to transmit and receive, though more expensive, I have heard... again ppl on this forum, not my experience....

Looks like Ottawa has one day in Nov (Nov 23 8:45) as per the official listing for ceremonies... so 3rd week of every month for Oath ceremonies in Ottawa seems to pan out... I guess, they would take Dec off, being so close to the holidays...
I dont think they found a wrong match with my file before. It that would be the case, They should have asked me for the FP before the test. On my interview she made me sign the no crime form. And at the end of my interview she said, just to make sure you will be requested fingerprints, just wait for the letter. I think she made that decision right there. Anyways. Digital fingerprints is the only way. It takes 3 days to reach RCMP and 8 days to reach CIC officers. Then all depends on the same officer's mood. The other way (printed FP) takes 120 days but RCMP doesn't allows it anymore.
Thanks. Cheers.

cprak0

May 25, 2010
Ottawa
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
21-05-2011
It all depends on when you were called for test and what the CO could see on the file. If the security clearance was done and they found a match, FP would be requested, and the CO could have seen it.

In our case probably the security clearances was not done, based on my last ATIP report which said RCMP clearance done, but CSIS clearance awaited... and it was about the time we were called for the test. So the test is just another requirement and being called for test doesn't mean all other requirements (including security clearances) are done... Again my take... who knows?!

so whatever invoked the FP request/ or more documents, it just means more delay...

betoherman

Star Member
Apr 10, 2015
cprak0 said:
It all depends on when you were called for test and what the CO could see on the file. If the security clearance was done and they found a match, FP would be requested, and the CO could have seen it.

In our case probably the security clearances was not done, based on my last ATIP report which said RCMP clearance done, but CSIS clearance awaited... and it was about the time we were called for the test. So the test is just another requirement and being called for test doesn't mean all other requirements (including security clearances) are done... Again my take... who knows?!

so whatever invoked the FP request/ or more documents, it just means more delay...
You are right. Who knows. Probanly even the officers don't know anything. Haha.
Cheers. Hopefully good news come soon.

applicant361

Star Member
Mar 19, 2015
where are the tests? usually they process all people in the same month together, but i see some june applicants have got it, but not the rest of may applicants. Come on ottawa :mad:

israazoweil

Nov 12, 2015
Hi dear members,
My exam will be on November 18,2015 and I wonder if my two children 15 and 17 have to attend the exam too or there is no exam for them. When i received the invitation letter, I read that if you are between 14 and seventeen you may be accompanied by your parent. Please note that parents are not permitted to provide assistance during the test session?
Are they going to be test?
Q 2
Do I have to translate the stamps in their passports too or only for me and my husband?
Thank you very much for your help