Visa Office......
Buffalo NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-10-2011
Nomination.....
20-09-2011
Well, if you passed, that is all what matters. Actual score has no significance.

betoherman

Star Member
Apr 10, 2015
FAS said:
Hi, i did my test and interview, passed the test and interview . At the end of interview I was told they are still waiting for rcmp clearance and it could take 2 to 3 months. Any body went thru this ? Please share experience.
Hello FAS. Are you still waiting for your oath ceremony. Did they request fingerprints? Because I did my test yesterday and pass but the lady told me the same. Please share your thoughts. Thanks

My Ngoc Yan

Jul 17, 2015
Hi all,

I took my test on Aug 26th, but still haven't received any oath invitation.
Did somebody take the test on Aug and has been receive oath invitation ?

cprak0

May 25, 2010
Ottawa
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
21-05-2011
Wadood said:
Well, if you passed, that is all what matters. Actual score has no significance.
Well, ppl scoring a 100% are on a fast track!! ;)

Wadood

Star Member
Jul 13, 2009
Monreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-10-2011
Nomination.....
20-09-2011
Update, ecas changed to "Decision Made". Just checked, I am not sure when it got changed, most likely it was Friday, Oct 16

sirine1

Star Member
Jul 10, 2015
Hello i know someone that he applied in 2014 for citizenship and he is waiting for the oath. He resigned from his job . He is waiting his oath letter .He is asking me if he needs to inform CIC that he left his job especially when he did his test the officer asked many questions about his job. I told him of course not u don't need to inform them that .

I just want to make sure that I gave him the right advice

Thank you

Sirine

zoya_99

Champion Member
Jan 30, 2015
sirine1 said:
Hello i know someone that he applied in 2014 for citizenship and he is waiting for the oath. He resigned from his job . He is waiting his oath letter .He is asking me if he needs to inform CIC that he left his job especially when he did his test the officer asked many questions about his job. I told him of course not u don't need to inform them that .

I just want to make sure that I gave him the right advice

Thank you

Sirine
No; he dont need to inform CIC

nncs

Mar 9, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
6-Jan-2010
AOR Received.
26-Jan-2010
File Transfer...
8-Feb-2010
Interview........
10-Aug-2010
Passport Req..
16-Dec-2010
LANDED..........
12-05-2011
...any new updates re: test invites for Ottawa applicants?

ottawanboy

Star Member
Nov 28, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nncs said:
...any new updates re: test invites for Ottawa applicants?
Nothing new I've heard of. As far as I know all the March applicants from Ottawa in this forum did their tests and interviews in last week. As per the latest timeline tendency derived from spreadsheets, April applicants should start receiving their invites in this week, but they are not really very active in the forum.

hgn

Feb 20, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ottawanboy said:
Nothing new I've heard of. As far as I know all the March applicants from Ottawa in this forum did their tests and interviews in last week. As per the latest timeline tendency derived from spreadsheets, April applicants should start receiving their invites in this week, but they are not really very active in the forum.
so far...

1. last quarter 2014 applicants have just finished their oaths/received oath invites
2. us first quarter 2015 applicants have finished tests/upcoming tests and awaiting on oath
3. pretty consistent that a few Ottawa applicants have been saying the same thing, and to us as well - oath within 2-3 months; this was September
4. so, those who applied say...April, May 2015 onwards, you can probably use the rough timelines above to gauge on when your turn will be.

Ottawa2015

Apr 2, 2015
My wife applied in April and Ecas has test invite for November. Application sent 1st week of April AOR last week of April. Processing started mid-July and Ecas updated this week for test in first week of November

She is a housewife (never worked in Canada). In addition to the usual documents (passport, landing document, driving license, health card, educational certificates for English), what else do the experts recommend to carry?

We have apartment lease with her name, child care tax statements, tax returns for my wife, our son’s long form birth certificate (son born in Canada). Is it a good idea to carry these documents just in case? What else do the experts recommend? Bank statements, credit card statements? Our son is 3 years old and goes to preschool and if needed, we can get letter from school too. Any suggestions/recommendations will be appreciated. Thank you.

applicant361

Star Member
Mar 19, 2015
Seems two of the 4 ottawa applicants in April got tests. Don't know if the other two are checking this forum and waiting, or just inactive. if you are please let us know whether you have tests.

ottawanboy

Star Member
Nov 28, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
applicant361 said:
Seems two of the 4 ottawa applicants in April got tests. Don't know if the other two are checking this forum and waiting, or just inactive. if you are please let us know whether you have tests.

There is another one from April (application received April14th). He/she got the test invite for Nov. 4th and is not in the April spreadsheet.

GO4444

Oct 29, 2015
Hi Ottawa applicants,
Could any one going to test confirm me these information please: (your help is highly appreciated)

Federal Government
Head of State: Her majesty queen Elizabeth II
The name of the representative of the Queen of Canada, the Governor General, is_ David Johnston (28th since Canadian Confederation).
The Head of Government, the Prime Minister, is Stephen Harper
The name of the political party in power is Conservative Party of Canada
The name of the Leader of the Opposition is Mulcair, Thomas J
The name of the party representing Her Majesty’s Loyal Opposition is New Democratic Party (NDP)
The names of the other opposition parties and leaders are 1- Liberal Party of Canada : Trudeau, Justin
2- Green Party of Canada : May, Elizabeth
3- Bloc Québécois: Fortin, Rhéal
4- Canada Party : Pankiw, Jim
5- Strength in Democracy: Fortin, Jean-François

My member of Parliament (MP) in Ottawa is McGuinty, David (I am in Ottawa south)
My federal electoral district is called: Ottawa South, Ontario

Provincial Government

The representative of the Queen in my province, the Lieutenant Governor, is: Elizabeth Dowdeswell
The Head of Government (the Premier) is: Kathleen Wynne – Ontario Liberal Party
The name of the provincial party in power is: Ontario Liberal Party
The names of the provincial opposition parties and leaders are 1- Ontario Progressive Conservative Party (PC) - Jim Wilson
2- Ontario New Democratic Party (NDP) – Andrea Horwath

My provincial representative is: John Fraser

Territorial Government
The name of the Commissioner, who represents the federal government in my territory, is: N/A
The name of the Premier is: N/A
The name of my territorial representative is: N/A

Municipal Government
The name of the municipality where I live is: Ottawa city
The name of the head of the municipal government (mayor or reeve) is: Jim Watson

or do I need to make any change because of recent federal elections