+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Open Work Permit - October Applicants from India

Krubzee

Star Member
May 6, 2014
DeH said:
+1 for you :)
Thanks a lot for sharing the information. Hope you get the passport soon :)
Thanks again DeH :)

You will also get a response from CIC very soon :) All the best!

Regards,
K

abhishek4u

Nov 20, 2014
Hi,

I have applied as SOWP on 10th Nov 2014 from VFS New Delhi,India. I have applied as my wife is student in canada.. Can any one tell me when i will get response??

Thanks,
Abhishek

Krubzee

Star Member
May 6, 2014
abhishek4u said:
Hi,

I have applied as SOWP on 10th Nov 2014 from VFS New Delhi,India. I have applied as my wife is student in canada.. Can any one tell me when i will get response??

Thanks,
Abhishek
Hi Abhishek,

To be honest the application processing time for OWP varies case to case! The average processing time for an OWP as per CIC website is 2 months for CIC, New Delhi office.

Mine was an online application submitted on 3rd Oct 2014 and I received a request for "Police Clearance Certificate" today(11th Dec 2014).

There are other people in this thread who have also applied in the month of Nov 2014. They will post an update as soon as they get a response from CIC. You can also follow this thread and post your updates as it will definitely help others in future.

List of people who follow this thread along with their application date.
  • DeH - 13th Nov 2014
  • Vagaur - 19th Nov 2014
  • AiVi - 20th Nov 2014

Lets keep it simple! And give back to this forum from where we got useful information during our initial stage :)

----------
Regards,
K

curious_123

Jun 19, 2014
Dear Krubzee and respected members

I will be applying for my SOWP very soon. I am currently on my PGWP which expires on 2017.
I read from the website
Your spouse or common-law partner may be able to apply for an “open” work permit. This is a permit that will let them accept any job with any employer if:
1. You are
o approved to work in Canada for six months or longer,
o doing work in Canada that meets a minimum skill level (usually work for which you need at least a college diploma) and
o doing a job at Skill Level 0, A or B in the National Occupational Classification.

How do I prove to them that my job is in skill category. My NOC is not written in my job offer. I contacted NA-NOC-CNP-GD@hrsdc-rhdcc.gc.ca... And they suggested my noc is 2282 which is NOC B. Shall I attach that email conversation?

Krubzee

Star Member
May 6, 2014
curious_123 said:
Dear Krubzee and respected members

I will be applying for my SOWP very soon. I am currently on my PGWP which expires on 2017.
I read from the website
Your spouse or common-law partner may be able to apply for an “open” work permit. This is a permit that will let them accept any job with any employer if:
1. You are
o approved to work in Canada for six months or longer,
o doing work in Canada that meets a minimum skill level (usually work for which you need at least a college diploma) and
o doing a job at Skill Level 0, A or B in the National Occupational Classification.

How do I prove to them that my job is in skill category. My NOC is not written in my job offer. I contacted NA-NOC-CNP-GD @ hrsdc-rhdcc.gc.ca... And they suggested my noc is 2282 which is NOC B. Shall I attach that email conversation?
Hi Curious_123,

I was a bit confused on your below statement!
"I will be applying for my SOWP very soon. I am currently on my PGWP which expires on 2017."

I assume, you want to apply SOWP for your spouse as you already hold a PGWP.

If that's the case and if your spouse is going to applying online then,

1) Your spouse can mention about your job category in her cover letter
2) Add your job offer as part of the letter of explanation
3) You can mention about your job category in your letter of invitation and add your email conversation as reference.

Always remember, there is no harm in attaching more documents for reference so as to make your case much stronger!

Hope this helps!

Regards,
K

curious_123

Jun 19, 2014
Dear Respected members

My wife's visitor visa was rejected for following reasons:

• Your travel history
• Your family ties in Canada and in your country of residence
• Limited employment prospects in your country of residence
• Your current employment situation
• Your personal assets and financial status

Now i will be applying for her OWP and i would like to write a letter in response to the rejection point. This is just a draft version and i would like to know your feedback. Please let me know you want me to edit or add anything

Your travel history
Dear Officer
I have travelled several times to State of Kuwait to visit my family and friends in last 5 years. All my stay was less than 6 months. I only stayed the duration of period permitted to me. Below is the all the entry and exit dates. I have also attach the relevant pages from the passport

-Limited employment prospects in your country of residence
- Your current employment situation

I have had several job offers to join corporate companies or as a lecturer of University. The reason I took the job is because this is one of the prestigious school . The teachers are selected after extensive screening process. I am proud to represent Mable Bear which is a Canadian Curriculum school which has a branch . Teaching has always been my passion. I also worked a teaching assistant in my University. In addition to that, this job allows me to focus on the current research I am doing (document attached)

Your personal assets and financial status
I just graduated from University 2013 and I have been in the job field for around one year. I have (approx. 15k CAD) in my account currently. My parents had around 5000 CAD in my name as fixed deposit so that I can use it in case of any need (document attach) and remaining 10000 cad is a result of my saving and gift during my marriage from my relatives. I do have parental properties (document attach) as well. As per my father, these properties will be eventually transferred to me and my sister’s name and I will have to take care of it.

I do not how to deal with Your family ties in Canada and in your country of residence. Does it matter for OWP

THANK YOU EVERY ONE IN ADVANCE :)

Krubzee

Star Member
May 6, 2014
curious_123 said:
Dear Respected members

My wife's visitor visa was rejected for following reasons:

• Your travel history
• Your family ties in Canada and in your country of residence
• Limited employment prospects in your country of residence
• Your current employment situation
• Your personal assets and financial status

Now i will be applying for her OWP and i would like to write a letter in response to the rejection point. This is just a draft version and i would like to know your feedback. Please let me know you want me to edit or add anything

Your travel history
Dear Officer
I have travelled several times to State of Kuwait to visit my family and friends in last 5 years. All my stay was less than 6 months. I only stayed the duration of period permitted to me. Below is the all the entry and exit dates. I have also attach the relevant pages from the passport

-Limited employment prospects in your country of residence
- Your current employment situation

I have had several job offers to join corporate companies or as a lecturer of University. The reason I took the job is because this is one of the prestigious school . The teachers are selected after extensive screening process. I am proud to represent Mable Bear which is a Canadian Curriculum school which has a branch . Teaching has always been my passion. I also worked a teaching assistant in my University. In addition to that, this job allows me to focus on the current research I am doing (document attached)

Your personal assets and financial status
I just graduated from University 2013 and I have been in the job field for around one year. I have (approx. 15k CAD) in my account currently. My parents had around 5000 CAD in my name as fixed deposit so that I can use it in case of any need (document attach) and remaining 10000 cad is a result of my saving and gift during my marriage from my relatives. I do have parental properties (document attach) as well. As per my father, these properties will be eventually transferred to me and my sister's name and I will have to take care of it.

I do not how to deal with Your family ties in Canada and in your country of residence. Does it matter for OWP

THANK YOU EVERY ONE IN ADVANCE :)
Hi Curious_123,

You've misunderstood it completely!

It was your wife's visitor visa that was rejected. So in the reject reason whatever CIC has mentioned was with respect to your wife and not YOU!!!

So, draft your explanation letter accordingly. All the best!

Regards,
K

curious_123

Jun 19, 2014
Hey Krubzee

Extremely sorry, it was my bad... these explanation are from my wife, she is writing this letter. She will applying for her OWP and she is the principle applicant. Sorry i have been under stress lately. forgive my mistakes.

Do you think the explanations are fine ?

R Kumar

Nov 3, 2014
Hi Krubzee,
Quick question to you and anyone else who can help!

I am applying for my wife's SOWP, just working on docs. right now- my question is that i own a condo here in Toronto and should i send agreement of sale and purchase and proof of ownership with my docs or should just sent an rental lease. Because if i show i own a condo it can work against us as me and wife will have stronger ties here and obviously more debt of the mortgage. please help

curious_123

Jun 19, 2014
R Kumar

I would avoid showing that i have a condo. It may go against you... If i was VO, i would think why would you buy a condo and leave after your WP expires..

Just a suggestion

Krubzee

Star Member
May 6, 2014
curious_123 said:
Hey Krubzee

Extremely sorry, it was my bad... these explanation are from my wife, she is writing this letter. She will applying for her OWP and she is the principle applicant. Sorry i have been under stress lately. forgive my mistakes.

Do you think the explanations are fine ?
Hi Curious_123,

The explanation for "Your travel history", "Your current employment situation" and "Your personal assets and financial status" looks good.

Infact you can remove "I do have parental properties (document attach) as well. As per my father, these properties will be eventually transferred to me and my sister's name and I will have to take care of it." from the financial status and put it under "ties in your country of residence" along with the copy of property docs and a letter from your wife's parent stating that it is your wife's responsibility to take care of these properties.

For "Your family ties in Canada" - She can write on the time period she has stayed away from you in India and that she wants to join you very badly in Canada. Also, in your invitation letter, you can highlight that you will make sure that your wife will also return back to India once your WP expires.

For "Limited employment prospects in your country of residence" - I think attaching her experience letter from her institution along with pay stubs and bank statements should be enough.

I hope the above helps!

Regards,
K

mazhar21uk

Oct 23, 2014
Hello friends,

Let me introduce to this forum, My name is Mazhar husain,

My lawyer has applied for my ICT WP visa from canada in india on 21st October, until now , i havent received any news related to my visa process.

I have asked my lawyer also , they also say the same thing that they havent received any information from CIC,

I tried to login in MYCIC and try to upload my application number to get my visa status, but it says no match found on this application number.

Guys i need ur help, Please guide me on this.

Moreover in the website, it mentioned that for WP process in india it takes 20months earlier it was mentioned 4months.

Please help me out guys...

Thanks for answering me.

Mazhar

vagaur

Star Member
Nov 27, 2014
winnipeg
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2015
Doc's Request.
Husband PCC from Singapore on 15th September
Nomination.....
28-09-2015
AOR Received.
29-02-2016
IELTS Request
already done
File Transfer...
Inland no file transfer
Med's Request
Decmber 8th 2016
abhishek4u said:
Hi,

Thanks,
Abhishek

Hi Abhishek

Have you got any response yet ???

Thanks
Vagaur

Krubzee

Star Member
May 6, 2014
DeH said:
Hey Krubzee,
Any update from your end?

Regards,
Deh
Not yet DeH.

I'm yet to submit my POC. I stayed in multiple countries for more than 6 months so I need to submit POC from each country. I'll be getting all the POC's by first week of Jan and I expect the Visa to be ready in another couple of weeks after that.

I'll definitely update here as soon as there is any progress in my status. No worries!

How about you? Did you get any response from CIC?

Regards,
K