+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Open Work Permit - October Applicants from India

sleek2

Jan 13, 2015
My wife is a PhD stutent at Ualberta. Applied for SOWP Oct 7, 2014 online Lagos, Nigeria
Biometrics collected November 4, 2014
Medical Request November 19, 2014
Medical done December 4, 2014
My CIC account update December 10, 2014 as "Passed"
Haven't heard anything since. Waiting is just difficult

2nde2alker

Dec 22, 2014
sleek2 said:
My wife is a PhD stutent at Ualberta. Applied for SOWP Oct 7, 2014 online Lagos, Nigeria
Biometrics collected November 4, 2014
Medical Request November 19, 2014
Medical done December 4, 2014
My CIC account update December 10, 2014 as "Passed"
Haven't heard anything since. Waiting is just difficult

sleek2.....Well you are way ahead in your application processing. I havent heard anything either. Submitted online on 24th November, 2014. Did upfront medicals. Did biometrics on 25th November, 2014 @ VAC, Ikeja - Lagos, Nigeria. Applied for OPW and TRV for 2 kids. Wifey studying MA Economics @ Uwindsor. I expected a quick processing because i have been to Canada twice for conferences on 1 month visit visa at each time ( 2013 and 2014). The wait aint funny.

sleek2

Jan 13, 2015
Yes your UCI should have been on the TRV rejection letter. Check the letter again. If not on there, I would suggest you leave it blank.

If there is space for you to upload your e-medical documents, I think u shud, if they need more information hopefully they will contact you.

Krubzee

Star Member
May 6, 2014
Hi Guys!

Final update from me on this post :)

My CIC account has been updated with the status as "Closed" and my OWP has been "Approved" :) :) :) Below is my timeline for the entire process!

My application details
---------------------------
Visa Applied for: Open Work Permit
Application Type: Online
Submitted On: 3rd Oct 2014
CIC Requested for Police Clearance: 10th Dec 2014
Police Clearance Submitted On: 2nd Jan 2015
Passport Request from CIC: 7th Jan 2015
Passport Submitted @ VFS: 8th Jan 2015
MY CIC status changed to Closed: 14th Jan 2015 ("Approved" is displayed against final decision has been made)
Passport Dispatched from CIC: 14th Jan 2015

This forum has helped me a lot to get a clear understanding of the OWP application process. I'll definitely give back to this community.

One thing I found across this forum at many posts is "Online application leads to rejection" - I strongly believe that is not the case! If you attach all the required documents correctly, CIC cannot reject just because you filed an online application - again it is my opinion and I'm not trying to prove anyone wrong!

Finally, "All the Very Best" to all of you guys!

Regards,
K

2nde2alker

Dec 22, 2014
Congratulations!

quote author=Krubzee link=topic=247344.msg3927081#msg3927081 date=1421297224]
Hi Guys!

Final update from me on this post :)

My CIC account has been updated with the status as "Closed" and my OWP has been "Approved" :) :) :) Below is my timeline for the entire process!

My application details
---------------------------
Visa Applied for: Open Work Permit
Application Type: Online
Submitted On: 3rd Oct 2014
CIC Requested for Police Clearance: 10th Dec 2014
Police Clearance Submitted On: 2nd Jan 2015
Passport Request from CIC: 7th Jan 2015
Passport Submitted @ VFS: 8th Jan 2015
MY CIC status changed to Closed: 14th Jan 2015 ("Approved" is displayed against final decision has been made)
Passport Dispatched from CIC: 14th Jan 2015

This forum has helped me a lot to get a clear understanding of the OWP application process. I'll definitely give back to this community.

One thing I found across this forum at many posts is "Online application leads to rejection" - I strongly believe that is not the case! If you attach all the required documents correctly, CIC cannot reject just because you filed an online application - again it is my opinion and I'm not trying to prove anyone wrong!

Finally, "All the Very Best" to all of you guys!

Regards,
K
[/quote]

rbnayak

Mar 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney - NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport Req..
Done
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
Congratulations Krubzee

heema

Oct 8, 2014
Hi krubzee,

Congrats on your visa

Could you please tel me how did u show your financial assets. I mean the savings account or FD and Property.

My visa got rejected twice and the main problem for them was financial assets. Kindly advise as it will be help full for my next application

Thank you

heema

Oct 8, 2014
And one more confusion is to apply for Open work permit or visiting visa. My husband is full time PG student.

I approached many law firms and consultancies. Few say its better to apply visiting first and after that converting it into Open work Permit. Few say Visiting is completely wrong option . confused :(

Kindly advise

2nde2alker

Dec 22, 2014
heema said:
And one more confusion is to apply for Open work permit or visiting visa. My husband is full time PG student.

I approached many law firms and consultancies. Few say its better to apply visiting first and after that converting it into Open work Permit. Few say Visiting is completely wrong option . confused :(

Kindly advise
In your earlier applications, did you apply for visiting visa or OPW?

Krubzee

Star Member
May 6, 2014
heema said:
Hi krubzee,

Congrats on your visa

Could you please tel me how did u show your financial assets. I mean the savings account or FD and Property.

My visa got rejected twice and the main problem for them was financial assets. Kindly advise as it will be help full for my next application

Thank you
Hi Heema,

Invitation letter from my wife clearly stated that "She will support me financially until I find a job for myself". To show her financial status in Canada we submitted the below documents
a) Her employment offer with the salary details in it.(She was yet to join the company in Canada at the time of my OWP application)
b) Employment letter from my current employer indicating my pay details
c) My 6 month bank statement to show the salary credit.

To be frank I didn't have anything as savings in my account. So it was only her pay details literally along with my earning capabilities.

Hope this helps!

Regards,
K