+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Open Work Permit - October Applicants from India

Krubzee

Star Member
May 6, 2014
Hi Fellow applicants!

Creating a new thread to track the timeline for Open Work Permit applications made online/paper from India.

All the best for all those who have applied and are eagerly awaiting their Visa!!!

_______
Krubzee

Krubzee

Star Member
May 6, 2014
Hey Everyone,

Kindly share your details in the below format so that it will be easy for us to get to know each others exact position.

My application details

Visa Applied for: Open Work Permit
Application Type: Online
Submitted On: 3rd Oct 2014

_______
Krubzee

Krubzee

Star Member
May 6, 2014
Looks like I'm the only one who applied in the month of October from India!!!

Anyone out there to share their timeline please respond.

Thanks,
K

shruti tiwari

Sep 16, 2014
hi
i got medical request for the work permit,, can you tell me how long they will take to send me the passport requestÉÉÉ
please advice.
thanks

Krubzee

Star Member
May 6, 2014
Hi Shruti,

I assume it is an online application that you've submitted through CIC website.
Can you give more details regarding your application like

- Is it a Work Permit / Open Work Permit?
- If OWP then what is the VISA status of your husband?
- What category your husband's job is listed under NOC?
- Date of application?

This will help the senior members to get more clarity on your application and be precise when they answer.

Regards,
Krubzee

Krubzee

Star Member
May 6, 2014
Hey guys!

Still waiting for an update from CIC and the wait is frustrating!!!

Trying to gather all October applicants from India into this thread so that we can share our timelines/status updates and be of a moral support to each other.

My application details
---------------------------
Visa Applied for: Open Work Permit
Submitted On: 3rd Oct 2014

Regards,
K

rashi123

Nov 24, 2014
Hey Krubzee,

Whats the update on your OWP application?

I have yet to apply for OWP so I was just curious as what all documents to be submitted with my application.

My husband is a student in Canada (2 Year PG program) and we recently got married in Delhi on 3rd November. I did apply for TRV online on CIC website but it got rejected on 24th November. Reasons mentioned were - no proof of strong ties to home country, length of stay is not clear, insufficient funds.

I'm thinking of applying for OWP this time but still not sure how will I prove strong ties to my home country and my intentions to come back. I have recently completed my post graduation (Masters of Computer Application) and have no job experience as yet.

Your response would be appreciated!

Thanks!

Krubzee

Star Member
May 6, 2014
Hi Rashi,

Sorry that your TRV got rejected!

Yes you can apply for an "Open Work Permit" through your MyCIC Account.

Below is the list of documents you would require. Make sure no attachment is more than 4 MB.

- IMM1295E -- Open work permit application.(same application which is used for Work Permit)
- Passport photo (digital), in accordance with their specification.
- Scan of of Spouse passport. Scan all the relevant pages, put those scan in one doc file and save as pdf file.
- Explanation
This document contains all the supporting document that you shall submit. Make sure the first page of the doc contains the list of all the items that the immigration people shall find in this doc. I put all the various documents in a doc file, and then saved them in pdf format before submitting. Tips. Images are usually very bulky, so when attaching resize image so that they are good enough for the page, My all images were less than 200KB, if the image appear small in the doc after inserting, stretch the image keeping the aspect ratio constant.

- My cover letter
- My passport photograph (according to the specification)
- My bonafide bachelor's certificate
- My experience letter from employer (NA in your case)
- My Salary for the last six months (NA in your case)
- My passport front page
- My passport last page
- IMM5645E (my family details)
- Our Marriage documents:
- Marriage certificate
- Photographs: Attach a few photos of different occasions in marriage to substantiate your marriage.
- My spouse documents.
- Invitation letter
- Her passport(all pages)
- Her employer's letter supporting salary, tenure and current address ( In your case - His University Invitation Letter, Mark sheets, even a letter from his university)
- Her bank account statement

For proof of funds you can include your spouse's and your bank account with sufficient funds in it. you can also show any fixed deposits in your name as proof of funds.

For strong ties in home country - people generally attach current employment details along with a letter from employer stating that you are expected to join after a long leave(NA in your case), proof of assets(land/house documents, car/vehicle documents). For OWP I'm not sure if you need to attach this document as you are applying for an OWP to go and work in Canada and stay there as long as your husband stays there.

Request for Medical Exam (required): When one is applying for OWP, medical test is required. If you don't do it ahead of time, you shall get a request for it and this delays the process. To avoid this delay you can complete the medical check before filing the application.

If you have doubts, you can also try paper application through VFS who will help you with a checklist of documents to be submitted.

And finally coming back to my application status it is still "Open" and I'm still waiting! Hopefully, I'll get an update soon.

Regards,
K

vagaur

Star Member
Nov 27, 2014
winnipeg
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2015
Doc's Request.
Husband PCC from Singapore on 15th September
Nomination.....
28-09-2015
AOR Received.
29-02-2016
IELTS Request
already done
File Transfer...
Inland no file transfer
Med's Request
Decmber 8th 2016
Hey Krubzee,

Whats the update on your OWP application?

I am in Canada from last 3 years. I cam as a student and then got a work permit of 3 years (from 12th November 2013 to 12th November 2016 ). I recently got married on 24th Oct 2014 and applied for my husband's OWP online thru CIC website by a lawyer from Canada. As i have saw your posts you have a lot of knowledge about this process and i am confused on some aspects of my application.

First one is : As my lawyer did it online we were unable to send pictures and invitation cards of marriage, is that very important to send as we have attached marriage certificate.

Second : I am doing two full time jobs and one comes under NOC level C and second comes under NOC level B. I have attached my job letter of both jobs stating my pay and that i am working there from last 10 months till now. My bank statement stating my balance around $5200. My work permit, My work visa, My study visa, My passport, My college transcript and My college diploma. Was all these docx sufficient??

Third : My husband did his graduation from India and then he did job for 2 years in a hotel as a manager and then went to Singapore for post graduation in Hospitality for one year ( 6months study and 6 months job training ) came back to India 2weeks before wedding when his study permit got expired. We have attached all documents from his study in India to his job in Singapore and a current job letter as well from a hotel as a manager. But when he was in Singapore he applied for visitor visa which got rejected stating lack of ties to come back. We have attached bank statement as well with funds of 5 lac. Does his rejection for visitor going to affect this file?

Fourth : As we have applied it online i am confused about processing time as on website it says 2months at Delhi visa office and 3 months Chandigarh visa office.

My application details
---------------------------
Visa Applied for: Open Work Permit For Spouse
Submitted On: 19th Nov2014

Krubzee

Star Member
May 6, 2014
Hi Vagaur,

Thanks for asking! My OWP is in "Open" status and I'm still waiting...

All the best for your OWP application!

First: Technically speaking just the Marriage Certificate should be enough. But, when I started doing some research on submitting an OWP most of them were suggesting to attach as many proofs as possible. So, I created a single pdf file which had the marriage certificate first followed by the wedding invitation and few pics from our wedding & reception. "No harm in providing these details if it's gonna help the cause" - that was my first thought.

Second: It is advisable to attach a few recent pay stubs but I think the letter from employer along with salary details should be enough.

Third: Previous visitor visa rejection doesn't have any role to play in this OWP application - no worries!

Fourth: Online applications with processing centre as India are processed at New Delhi, India.

Hope, this clarifies your doubts. Please let me know, if you have any other queries.

Regards,
K

curious_123

Jun 19, 2014
Hello Everyone
I have applied for TRV of my wife and as expected it was rejected with the following reasons:
• Your travel history
• Your family ties in Canada and in your country of residence
• Limited employment prospects in your country of residence
• Your current employment situation
• Your personal assets and financial status
To be honest I was expecting this. The profile was average. Now my question to you expert is:
-I am skilled worker in NOC-B, I already work for 1 year and my contract is extended till 2016 January, Am I eligible to apply for her open work permit?
-If YES, shall I apply for OWP, or continue to apply for visit visa?

vagaur

Star Member
Nov 27, 2014
winnipeg
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2015
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
28-09-2015
AOR Received.
29-02-2016
IELTS Request
already done
File Transfer...
Inland no file transfer
Med's Request
Decmber 8th 2016
Hi K

Thanks alot for your reply, now i am pretty much satisfied. Hope you will be receiving your OWP very soon as its gonna be 2months for you on 3rd december i guess. Best of Luck

Regards
Vagaur

vagaur

Star Member
Nov 27, 2014
winnipeg
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2015
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
28-09-2015
AOR Received.
29-02-2016
IELTS Request
already done
File Transfer...
Inland no file transfer
Med's Request
Decmber 8th 2016
Hey K

I was just thinking is there any possibility that i can add my marriage pictures, invitation card and my pay slips now for my online application as an update or supporting documents ??? Because these are the only docx which are missing.

curious_123

Jun 19, 2014
Hello
I am going to apply for my wife’s OWP. When I completed the questionnaire, I was asked for the following documents:
-Passport or travel document (required)
-Proof of Medical Exam (required)
-Digital Photo (required)
-Proof of Relationship (required)
-Optional documents
-Total fee is 240 (Work permit + Bio metric)
I just want to double check, if I selected everything correctly and these are the documents I am suppose to get?

Krubzee

Star Member
May 6, 2014
vagaur said:
Hey K

I was just thinking is there any possibility that i can add my marriage pictures, invitation card and my pay slips now for my online application as an update or supporting documents ??? Because these are the only docx which are missing.
Hi Vagaur,

I was not sure about submitting additional documents to an existing OWP application. So, I did some research and listed below are my findings!

• When I login to MY CIC account and navigate to check the application status, there is a line which reads "Review of submitted documents - No additional documents are needed at this time". So, I hope CIC may ask you if they need additional documents when they want more clarity on a specific item.
  • Alternately, I was able to find the below information in Canada High Commission's India website. However, it was not clear if they accept additional documents for OWP through this mode. But personally, I feel there is no harm in giving it a shot!

"How to Update an Application?
    Updates are only accepted in writing, mail or e-mail. Please do not send the same update several times or by different means, as this creates confusion.
    All communications with this office must be in one of Canada`s Official languages, English or French."

When submitting additional documents regarding your application, you must include the following:
    file number, if available
    full name
    date of birth
    mailing address
    e-mail address
    telephone.

Hope this answers your question!

Regards,
K