IELTS Request
already done
File Transfer...
Inland no file transfer
Med's Request
Decmber 8th 2016
DeH said:
hey Krubzee,

I have applied for Spouse OWP on 13th November and i am eagerly waiting for the visa.

One of my friend had also applied for Spouse OWP in September, but hers got rejected last week stating the below reason.
'You have not demonstrated that you come within the exceptions under section 186 of the regulations
exempting you from the requirement obtain a work permit or that your employment in Canada comes
within the exceptions to section 203 of the regulations. As a result, your offer of employment must be the
subject of an economic effect determination before a work permit can be issued to you. Your employer in
Canada should contact he local office of the Department of Human Resources and Skills Development
Canada to begin this process.'

Her husband is studying in Canada and she had applied for SOWP.
How does this apply for SOWP? Any idea how she can reapply to make her case stronger? Others please help.
Hi Deh

I have applied for my SOWP on 19th november. Can you please tell me if you have submitted it online or paper application and did attached your medical as well. What other documents did you send ?

Thanks

DeH

Star Member
Nov 10, 2014
vagaur said:
Hi Deh

I have applied for my SOWP on 19th november. Can you please tell me if you have submitted it online or paper application and did attached your medical as well. What other documents did you send ?

Thanks
Hi Vagaur,
So did you get any response from CIC? i haven't got any response till now. I made a paper application. These were the documents that i had submitted.. what other documents did u submit ?
My Documents (Applicant)
IMM1295
IMM 5645
IMM 5257
Bank statement and FD with sufficient funds
Payslips (last 6 months)
Cover letter
SOP
degree certificate
previous company offer letter and relieving letter.
Current company offer letter
Income tax returns - last 2 years
Marriage invitation and photographs

Husband's Documents.
Copy of passport, immigration and visa
Invitation letter by University
invitation letter by husband.

Krubzee

Star Member
May 6, 2014
DeH said:
hey Krubzee,

I have applied for Spouse OWP on 13th November and i am eagerly waiting for the visa.

One of my friend had also applied for Spouse OWP in September, but hers got rejected last week stating the below reason.
'You have not demonstrated that you come within the exceptions under section 186 of the regulations
exempting you from the requirement obtain a work permit or that your employment in Canada comes
within the exceptions to section 203 of the regulations. As a result, your offer of employment must be the
subject of an economic effect determination before a work permit can be issued to you. Your employer in
Canada should contact he local office of the Department of Human Resources and Skills Development
Canada to begin this process.'

Her husband is studying in Canada and she had applied for SOWP.
How does this apply for SOWP? Any idea how she can reapply to make her case stronger? Others please help.

Hi DeH,

Can you please give the below details about your friend whose SOWP got rejected?

Application type - Online / paper?
Documents attached - the entire list
Her husband student visa details

This will help to get more clarity on the rejection and re-application requirement.

And, "All the best" for your SOWP application :)

Regards,
K

DeH

Star Member
Nov 10, 2014
Krubzee said:
Hi DeH,

Can you please give the below details about your friend whose SOWP got rejected?

Application type - Online / paper?
Documents attached - the entire list
Her husband student visa details

This will help to get more clarity on the rejection and re-application requirement.

And, "All the best" for your SOWP application :)

Regards,
K
Hi,

Her husband is full time student Royal roads university in Vancouver. His visa is till May 2016. The list of documents that she submitted are same as mine. She did a paper application in CIC-Bangalore.
Thanks for wishes. WIsh you all the very best as well. :)

Krubzee

Star Member
May 6, 2014
DeH said:
Any response from CIC for the October applicants?
No response from CIC yet!

Other October SOWP applicants kindly share your timelines in this thread.

Regards,
K

SVD

Nov 20, 2014
Any updates from those who applied online in the month of September / October???
Kindly share your timelines and help other applicants with valuable information.

AiVi

Star Member
Feb 2, 2014
SVD said:
Any updates from those who applied online in the month of September / October???
Kindly share your timelines and help other applicants with valuable information.
Hi SVD,
I have applied for OSWP in sept 26th through VFS, Pune and got rejected stating that,
1. purpose of visit
2. insufficient funds
3. Duration of Stay

I again applied on 20th Nov through VFS only. And still waiting for revert.

SVD

Nov 20, 2014
Hi Aivi,

Thanks for the update and sorry about the first rejection.

Your spouse is a on study permit or working in Canada?

Krubzee

Star Member
May 6, 2014
Finally! There is a progress in my OWP application :D

Online OWP application submitted - 3rd Oct 2014
Police Clearance Certificate Request - 11th Dec 2014

Hope, everyone who applied in the month of Oct will start getting response from CIC soon :)
All the best guys!!!

Regards,
K

DeH

Star Member
Nov 10, 2014
Krubzee said:
Finally! There is a progress in my OWP application :D

Online OWP application submitted - 3rd Oct 2014
Police Clearance Certificate Request - 11th Dec 2014

Hope, everyone who applied in the month of Oct will start getting response from CIC soon :)
All the best guys!!!

Regards,
K
Congrats buddy.. !!! Good luck... :)
Did you apply for Open work permit visa or Spouse OWP? Please give details. can you please give the list of documents you had submitted?

Regards,
Deh

Krubzee

Star Member
May 6, 2014
DeH said:
Congrats buddy.. !!! Good luck... :)
Did you apply for Open work permit visa or Spouse OWP? Please give details. can you please give the list of documents you had submitted?

Regards,
Deh
Thanks DeH :)

I'm not sure of the difference between OWP & SOWP. As per CIC, if your spouse is either working or studying and satisfies certain other criteria then you can apply for a "Open Work Permit"

I applied for an OWP as my wife is working in Canada. I created a MyCIC account after completing the eligibility check questionnaire and submitted my OWP application through the same.

In support of my application, I enclosed the below listed as supporting documents.

• My Application for an Open Work Permit made outside of Canada form
  • My Family information form
  • A copy of my resume
  • Copies of my recent payslips
  • Copy of my passport (includes all the pages that contains a stamp)
  • Digital Photo
  • Proof of education
  • Proof of marriage (Marriage certificate, invitation and a few photos from wedding & reception)
  • My wife’s Invitation letter (My wife inviting me to join her and assuring that she will take care of my financials until I find a job for myself)
  • My wife’s work permit letter (As she was yet to travel to Canada at the time of my application)
  • Copy of my wife’s passport (includes the Canada work permit stamping page)
  • My wife’s offer of employment from Temenos Canada (specifying her salary details)
  • My wife’s air ticket to Canada (As she was yet to travel to Canada at the time of my application - proof that she will be traveling to Canada to accept the job offer)

---------
Regards,
K

DeH

Star Member
Nov 10, 2014
Krubzee said:
Thanks DeH :)

I'm not sure of the difference between OWP & SOWP. As per CIC, if your spouse is either working or studying and satisfies certain other criteria then you can apply for a "Open Work Permit"

I applied for an OWP as my wife is working in Canada. I created a MyCIC account after completing the eligibility check questionnaire and submitted my OWP application through the same.

In support of my application, I enclosed the below listed as supporting documents.

• My Application for an Open Work Permit made outside of Canada form
  • My Family information form
  • A copy of my resume
  • Copies of my recent payslips
  • Copy of my passport (includes all the pages that contains a stamp)
  • Digital Photo
  • Proof of education
  • Proof of marriage (Marriage certificate, invitation and a few photos from wedding & reception)
  • My wife's Invitation letter (My wife inviting me to join her and assuring that she will take care of my financials until I find a job for myself)
  • My wife's work permit letter (As she was yet to travel to Canada at the time of my application)
  • Copy of my wife's passport (includes the Canada work permit stamping page)
  • My wife's offer of employment from Temenos Canada (specifying her salary details)
  • My wife's air ticket to Canada (As she was yet to travel to Canada at the time of my application - proof that she will be traveling to Canada to accept the job offer)

---------
Regards,
K
+1 for you :)
Thanks a lot for sharing the information. Hope you get the passport soon :)