Ontario PNP (OINP) - 2017: Join here

omarimam

Apr 11, 2016
Ottawa-Ontario
NOC Code......
rogueone said:
What do you mean translate the stamps?
Could you please give reference?
It means any stamps in a different language other than English or French must be translated to English. Depending on where you live, google "passport stamp translation" and go do it.

If you were unable to do it your application will not be accepted.

Thanks!

rogueone

Feb 25, 2017
omarimam said:
It means any stamps in a different language other than English or French must be translated to English. Depending on where you live, google "passport stamp translation" and go do it.

If you were unable to do it your application will not be accepted.

Thanks!
Oh wow,,, really?? I already submitted my application.
It did not exclusively say anything about stamps in the official guide though?
Do you know anyone got refused for this reason?

omarimam

Apr 11, 2016
Ottawa-Ontario
NOC Code......
rogueone said:
Here is the application guide "http://www.ontarioimmigration.ca/prodconsum/groups/csc/@oipp/documents/document/oi_en_hcps.pdf"

Page 3 under "4.2.15 Your Supporting Documents"

"Reminder: If a supporting document is not in English or French, you must provide a copy of the document and a complete, certified translation of the document. Please see section 3.4 for more information"

Good luck!

spife

Star Member
May 19, 2015
omarimam said:
Here is the application guide "http://www.ontarioimmigration.ca/prodconsum/groups/csc/@oipp/documents/document/oi_en_hcps.pdf"

Page 3 under "4.2.15 Your Supporting Documents"

"Reminder: If a supporting document is not in English or French, you must provide a copy of the document and a complete, certified translation of the document. Please see section 3.4 for more information"

Good luck!
It really depends how much OINP replies on passport to determine your duration of stay in Canada. OINP is not the same as federal immigration program after all. Saying your application will be rejected solely because of this is too exaggerated especially if you don't have a solid case to back it. In fact, OINP also indicates that it can ask for additional document if it deems necessary in the latest tips published today.

Shah.zeb

Feb 23, 2017
rogueone said:
In my opinion they require documents to be translated. That means the main information on the documents. Now if you have a entry stamp from some country and it is not in English/French I highly doubt that counts as the information that needs to be translated.

In the worse case they might just come back to you and ask for its translation but I still doubt that this is a requirement.

Thomas B

Feb 24, 2017
Shah.zeb said:
In my opinion they require documents to be translated. That means the main information on the documents. Now if you have a entry stamp from some country and it is not in English/French I highly doubt that counts as the information that needs to be translated.

In the worse case they might just come back to you and ask for its translation but I still doubt that this is a requirement.
I asked a friend who submitted to OINP last year (paper based) and he confirmed to me that his passport was full of stamps of different languages than English and French and he did not need any translations, his submission was accepted with no problem and he did not translate his passport whatsoever. Myself emailed them back in January when I was getting my stuff ready about the translations, they replied that it is mainly about the Birth certificate and the degrees obtained outside of Canada (I am talking about the graduate student stream like me). So I am pretty sure this is what they mean by "documents" in the guide.

I know it is required in other immigration programs where they ask for it "clearly" and all, this is what might have created the confusion here, but not for OINP, so don't worry guys. Good luck to all who did not submit yet!

aku_ankka

Feb 24, 2017
Thomas B said:
It is ok! you want to go through the phone? This is my tip, I usually go through in 10 minutes, when you call as soon as the server lady starts talking press "1", don't let her finish just press "1" then you will be directed to another lady (different server voice), without letting her talk, press "0", it will tell you: "wait someone will assist you shortly", if someone picks up, then you are lucky, if not you will be directed to voice mail and asked for the 10 digit number, type the number again: (416) 327-0374, again you will get the first server, press "1", then the second, press "0", then you either get through or get asked for voice mail number, enter (416) 327-0374 again and so on and so on, until eventually someone picks up, yesterday I got an answer after 10 min, during the bad days, I waited for up to 45 min, but it should be fine these days.

I am sure we do not have to worry about the date of birth as when you click the help next to it, it says "this field is pre-populated with the information provided during registration" sthg like that and you wouldn't have been able to register if you did not provide your date of birth. I submitted my application already and although I did not see the DOB like you, that field was not considered empty as it does not appear on the check error before I submitted and I checked with other people they also do not see it and also could submit with no error detected (field is pre-populated...). You can try to call as mentioned above, and please let us know what they say!
Hey thanks Thomas. I called them this morning. They said that we should go ahead and submit the application and send them an email about it with the Personal Information Change form.

Canada_dream_2016

Jan 6, 2016
As per the latest updates, NOI's are valid for 6 months from date of NOI. However, if one registers for One-Key and creates a profile today, application needs to be submitted within 14 days.

My Interpretation-

If for some reason, you are not able to submit it within 14 days of creating One-Key and profile, profile will be deleted from their database. However, that doesn't mean the applicant has lost his/her chance. He/She can again create another profile and submit it within 14 days of profile creation as long as the application submission is within 6 months from the date of NOI.

I hope I am interpreting it correctly...!

Thomas B

Feb 24, 2017
aku_ankka said:
Hey thanks Thomas. I called them this morning. They said that we should go ahead and submit the application and send them an email about it with the Personal Information Change form.
Hey Aku, thank you very much for keeping us informed, ok then, I will send an email as you mentioned, but why the Personal Change of Information Form? Could you please clarify? thanks a lot for your help!

natik

Feb 15, 2017
Hey guys, I believe that many people already asked about that but I couldn't find an answer, so please forgive me for asking again.
Do you have any info about the processing time for MA stream? Do you probably know how long it took last "paper-based" years? Thank you very much and good luck!

barusahib2013

Star Member
Feb 5, 2017
andy108 said:
I've sent invite links to everyone.
hi andy plz advise me something .i recreated my profile on 24 feb bt havnt received noi yet .crs score is 406. Nic 3113 .i shuld wait more or give ielts again to improve score

CANCANADA

Star Member
Feb 8, 2015
India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
20-02-2017
Nomination.....
31-05-2017
AOR Received.
06-08-2017
Med's Done....
27-07-2017
andy108 said:
I've sent invite links to everyone.
I'm unable to join the whats ap group through the link you have sent pls help

rogueone

Feb 25, 2017
Thomas B said:
I asked a friend who submitted to OINP last year (paper based) and he confirmed to me that his passport was full of stamps of different languages than English and French and he did not need any translations, his submission was accepted with no problem and he did not translate his passport whatsoever. Myself emailed them back in January when I was getting my stuff ready about the translations, they replied that it is mainly about the Birth certificate and the degrees obtained outside of Canada (I am talking about the graduate student stream like me). So I am pretty sure this is what they mean by "documents" in the guide.

I know it is required in other immigration programs where they ask for it "clearly" and all, this is what might have created the confusion here, but not for OINP, so don't worry guys. Good luck to all who did not submit yet!
Thanks for the information.
Two of the people I know who submitted application for PNP last year, told me that one was aksed for the translation and the other was not. So I think it depends on each case.
I even know a few people who have got Skilled worker PR without even knowing this issue until today that I asked them.