N/A
Passport Req..
Dec 22 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 21 2011
LANDED..........
?
Hi Alberta Governor,

I Completed my landing formalities on Feb 9th. I came back to USA. Due poor photo quality i did not
received my PR Card. However I am moving back to Calgary permanently By driving my own car. I read online forums i can use my COPR document to enter into Canada. I could not find any official link in CIC website.

In case Some times at the border immigration officer not aware of all these process, i want carry some printed documents from CIC.

Please let me know if you know any.

Thanks in advance.
Philly

AlbertaGovernor said:
You are better off not giving hotel address for bank accounts as you dont want your correspondence to go to a place that could be vulnerable to fraud.

In the event you have to travel without a PR card, you can use COPR to travel by road. Travel document is needed if you want to travel by air.

MhK

May 31, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
IT code (2171)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
Jan 2010
AOR Received.
Aug 2010
Med's Request
Aug 2010
Med's Done....
Sep 2010
Passport Req..
June 2011
hi, i need help...

i was recently asked by canada consulate buffalo,NY to submit RPRF fee, Passport and two photos by June 2011 for my H1b AINP immigration.

my question is, is there any way to extend this deadline ? if i ask them to extend it by few months, will they accept it ? any idea how to approach it properly to extend this deadline?

Please help.

King80

Star Member
Oct 22, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2009
Doc's Request.
Nov 2009
Nomination.....
Dec 2009
AOR Received.
20/07/2010
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NY Jan 05, 2011
Med's Request
20/07/2010
Med's Done....
12/08/2010 (reached Ottawa Sep 8th ,2010)
Interview........
waiting
Passport Req..
March 07 2011
VISA ISSUED...
March 11 2011
LANDED..........
waiting
ag_tou said:
Hello Everyone,

I got my Passports back today with Immigrant VISA stamped and will be doing the landing formalities tomorrow either at Coutts or Carway border.

Will update you with my experience.
Congrats !!!!!! Happy for you.

enna

Feb 14, 2011
Hi King80,
Thank you for all the help you are extending on this site. I have some questions and I hope you can help me
1. I’ve sent my passport to Detroit and they received it last April 29. When do you think I will receive it?
I have included a prepaid USPS express mail and it’s not yet showing in the tracking.
2. What papers/documents do I need to bring/prepare ‘coz I’m planning to land to Canada by July but I’m going back here in US and I’m using AVR?
3. Where can I find the address for the SIN, Health Card and any suggestion of bank where I can open an account?
4. Any suggestion for a hotel not expensive where I can stay?

Thanks

cooldeepforyou

Star Member
Feb 25, 2009
Hi philly,
Do we need to give photos when we do landing ??? Or is it the same what they attached on COPR ?
I am confused about photo requirement..i got my Immigrant VISA, along with a printout with my photo..and a place to sign on that printout when i will do my landing...
My question is do we need a new set of photos when we land... ??

Thanks

philly said:
Hi Alberta Governor,

I Completed my landing formalities on Feb 9th. I came back to USA. Due poor photo quality i did not
received my PR Card. However I am moving back to Calgary permanently By driving my own car. I read online forums i can use my COPR document to enter into Canada. I could not find any official link in CIC website.

In case Some times at the border immigration officer not aware of all these process, i want carry some printed documents from CIC.

Thanks in advance.
Philly

lettuce_tomatoes

Star Member
Jun 23, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks Joe. I went to Wolf Camera and got it done. They did a pretty decent job i feel.

www.wolfcamera.com

Lettuce

josephdadreamer said:
lettuce_tomatoes,

http://www.ppratlanta.com/
http://digitalga.com/Atlanta/

lettuce_tomatoes

Star Member
Jun 23, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Lights,

i mailed them our passports. Hopefully we get the Maple leaf stamp soon. Have you got your passports back yet?

Lettuce

lightsinthemist said:
Lettuceeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!

Finally finally bro.Sorry was away from the forum due to work pressure and could not respond earlier. Very very happy for you. Just mail that passport to Buffalo and let us have an get together in Alberta.

I hope Joseph gets it soon as well. Congrats once again.

I am still waiting for my stamped passport,will probably get it in couple of weeks.

Regards
Lights

lettuce_tomatoes

Star Member
Jun 23, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Joe,

how luckky its us who made the error reading and understanding the CAIPS and not the VO or the doctor or Ottawa. Lets hope you get your PPR soon and get to meet your family sooner than the bring forward date :)

lightsinthemist said:
Joseph

Thats a releif to know. Hope you get the PPR soon enough ...it should happen next week I feel with the timeline.

Hang in there

Lights

calgary2010

Star Member
Jan 29, 2010
LOS ANGELES
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-05-2009
Doc's Request.
NO
Nomination.....
10-12-2009
AOR Received.
15-08-2010
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
NO
Med's Request
15-08-2010
Med's Done....
18-08-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08-03-2011
VISA ISSUED...
10-03-2011
LANDED..........
28-04-2011
Hi Philly,

I am also in the same boat and have been told that immigration officers will allow you to Canada as long as you do not go away from USA, as I am in LA, planning to procure one Travel Document from LA consulate in person. ( The immigration visa is not a multiple entry), You better get travel doc if you can , again its good to have but not necessary as long as you are in USA.

clg.

philly said:
Hi Alberta Governor,

Thanks in advance.
Philly

calgary2010

Star Member
Jan 29, 2010
LOS ANGELES
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-05-2009
Doc's Request.
NO
Nomination.....
10-12-2009
AOR Received.
15-08-2010
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
NO
Med's Request
15-08-2010
Med's Done....
18-08-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08-03-2011
VISA ISSUED...
10-03-2011
LANDED..........
28-04-2011
Dilse - I stayed in Econolodge and took c-transit to Downtown. Hotels are real expensive but suggest you to take some thing in Downtown only and you can get everything done at one area, and I got my health cards from AMA, if you have AAA memebership there are CAA locations where you can get your health cards. But AMA is also quickl it only took 10 mins.
DILSE said:
Congrats man,
I am flying from LAX next month.
one question where did u go for health card ? do we need AMA or AAA membership ?
did you use AVR to come back at LAX ? any suggestion for motel in calgary ? by the way i paid 439 for lax to calgary.

Thanks.

calgary2010

Star Member
Jan 29, 2010
LOS ANGELES
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-05-2009
Doc's Request.
NO
Nomination.....
10-12-2009
AOR Received.
15-08-2010
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
NO
Med's Request
15-08-2010
Med's Done....
18-08-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08-03-2011
VISA ISSUED...
10-03-2011
LANDED..........
28-04-2011
Immigration office told me that it would take 3 weeks to 6 weeks for the mail ( mentioned Canada address) , I think they will provide a location where we need to collect our PR cards.

jimmyz500 said:
Thanks for sharing Calgary2010!

Quick questions, since this PR card process has changed, about how long did they say it will take for you to be able to pick up your PR card?

Thx,
-J

calgary2010

Star Member
Jan 29, 2010
LOS ANGELES
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-05-2009
Doc's Request.
NO
Nomination.....
10-12-2009
AOR Received.
15-08-2010
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
NO
Med's Request
15-08-2010
Med's Done....
18-08-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08-03-2011
VISA ISSUED...
10-03-2011
LANDED..........
28-04-2011
Lights - Officer asked me to provide an Alberta address for the communication purpose, Now that they are sending a mail about the PR cards when they are ready. We need to go and collect the PR cards from that location, I guess it would be near to the location where you have given the address for communication. Officer told that this process is in place to stop the misuse of PR.
Also I will keep forum posted as and when I get the mail from them to collect the PR cards.

lightsinthemist said:
Calgary2010

Congratulations on successfully completing the landing. I will have to do a similar thing flying in from SFO to Calgary when I get my stamped passports back.

One question though ...the new changed process about the PR cards was confusing.Are they giving two options

1.One to collect the cards in person at specified location
2.Provide mailing address and collect them as usual .

Regards
Lights

calgary2010

Star Member
Jan 29, 2010
LOS ANGELES
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-05-2009
Doc's Request.
NO
Nomination.....
10-12-2009
AOR Received.
15-08-2010
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
NO
Med's Request
15-08-2010
Med's Done....
18-08-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08-03-2011
VISA ISSUED...
10-03-2011
LANDED..........
28-04-2011
I have gone through this link and was thinking that it would be mailed to the mentioned Canada's address. But during Landing the officer told that only mail of communication about PR cards will be sent and not PR cards. I will keep you posted if PR cards come to the address instead of a communication, It will be lot easier right. But just letting others know about this, so that they can be prepared for that. We will be seeing other posts about their landings once people complete their landings soon.

Clg.

jovan said:
If you are immigrating to Canada you WILL RECEIVE YOUR PR CARD BY MAIL:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/pr-card/arriving.asp

Always check the CIC website for your information and do not get confused by the different accounts floating around. The CIC website has the official process regarding this matter. If the process changes, the CIC website will be updated to indicate the change in process.

Jovan

calgary2010

Star Member
Jan 29, 2010
LOS ANGELES
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-05-2009
Doc's Request.
NO
Nomination.....
10-12-2009
AOR Received.
15-08-2010
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
NO
Med's Request
15-08-2010
Med's Done....
18-08-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08-03-2011
VISA ISSUED...
10-03-2011
LANDED..........
28-04-2011
It largely depends on your Medicals Date, You need to complete your landing by the time it's expired, i.e exactly till one year of time after your medicals performed, They might consider your request to extend if they believe that you have sufficient time to complete your landing in that time.

Clg.

MhK said:
hi, i need help...

i was recently asked by canada consulate buffalo,NY to submit RPRF fee, Passport and two photos by June 2011 for my H1b AINP immigration.

my question is, is there any way to extend this deadline ? if i ask them to extend it by few months, will they accept it ? any idea how to approach it properly to extend this deadline?

Please help.