Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08-03-2011
VISA ISSUED...
10-03-2011
LANDED..........
28-04-2011
I guess CIC considers family cases slightly faster unless the case is stuck with Background etc., reason being you need time to plan your landing. Hope you will get your PPR soon. Good luck!

canada savior said:
Thanks. I appreciate your inspiring response. Good luck for you and your family.

murali krishna

Jan 27, 2011
JENNYSEC said:
Can any one explain me how much time it will take for getting medical request after encashed our check..My check encased on 24th January 2011.I will appreciate helps...every body have nice week end..
Hi My check cashed on dec 31 2010. Till now I did not receive any communication from buffalo

dear_pnp

Jan 15, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi All NY guys,

I think we all who are waiting for PPR from NY should be receiving ours very soon within a week or so. Its better we get ready with the photos stuff.

I have a question, Does anyone know how long does NY office take to return the passports with visa? I have to travel overseas next month and for that I need to make arrangement ahead of time. Considering I receive my PPR this coming week or by the end of next week, how long do you think it will take for NY office to send the passport back. I am unable to decide as to when to book my flight ticket.

Thanks guys

Aug 24, 2010
California, USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-04-2009
Doc's Request.
19-11-2009
Nomination.....
08-12-2009
AOR Received.
19-07-2010
IELTS Request
Not Requested
File Transfer...
n/a
Med's Request
19-07-2010
Med's Done....
30-07-2010
Interview........
Not Requested
Passport Req..
03-22-2011
VISA ISSUED...
01-04-2011
chigirl said:
Yes, the address has disappeared. But, I wodn;t bet my hopes on that.
Chigirl,
I have almost identical timeline as you. Last week I email buffalo, and they replied by saying "Your file is in line for a final review by an immigration officer. We cannot estimate when a decision will be made, but we assure you that you will hear from us once the officer reviews your file."

Hold tight! I think it's almost there...

chigirl

Nov 16, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
BUFFALO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-08-2008
Doc's Request.
11-15-2009
Nomination.....
11-23-2009
AOR Received.
07-19-2010
Med's Request
07-19-2010
Med's Done....
07-26-2010
AlbEEErta_here_i_come said:
Chigirl,
I have almost identical timeline as you. Last week I email buffalo, and they replied by saying "Your file is in line for a final review by an immigration officer. We cannot estimate when a decision will be made, but we assure you that you will hear from us once the officer reviews your file."

Hold tight! I think it's almost there...
Thanks for the info.
CIC has been sending me the exact same reply for the last three weeks (Again they have automated replies for everything). I wonder what their definition of "final review" is and how long its going to take.

And, seriously I'm tired of thinking we are almost there for the nth time and nothing happening. This has been happening since last Sep/oct, and at this point I'm just emotionally drained. There are people whose timelines are close to ours and got their pprs almost 3 months ago( mid to end Dec, LA office). How long are they going to make us wait? Tired of speculating & respeculating, and planning and replanning. Single or married, what difference does it make ? I wish they would just send us our **** pprs.

Aug 24, 2010
California, USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-04-2009
Doc's Request.
19-11-2009
Nomination.....
08-12-2009
AOR Received.
19-07-2010
IELTS Request
Not Requested
File Transfer...
n/a
Med's Request
19-07-2010
Med's Done....
30-07-2010
Interview........
Not Requested
Passport Req..
03-22-2011
VISA ISSUED...
01-04-2011
chigirl said:
Thanks for the info.
CIC has been sending me the exact same reply for the last three weeks (Again they have automated replies for everything). I wonder what their definition of "final review" is and how long its going to take.

And, seriously I'm tired of thinking we are almost there for the nth time and nothing happening. This has been happening since last Sep/oct, and at this point I'm just emotionally drained. There are people whose timelines are close to ours and got their pprs almost 3 months ago( mid to end Dec, LA office). How long are they going to make us wait? Tired of speculating & respeculating, and planning and replanning. Single or married, what difference does it make ? I wish they would just send us our **** pprs.
Chigirl, I sent u a PM

I would assumed (hope) that final review means that at least we bypassed the security check? in que means to me few weeks to few months.... Can anyone shed some light on this?

legalcitizen

Jul 1, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks man.. I followed that link about photos..I called a local photo studio and they are aware of Canadian immigration photo specs.. I showed her the specs and she gave me the pics with stamp and date on the backside of the photos..I just mailed the whole package with photos, RRPF fees and Passports..hopefully the photos wont get rejected..
I paid 20 for 8 photos..

good luck with your processing..

Regards..

dear_pnp said:
Well guys I would say use your common sense and proceed. Some one agreeing to it or not shouldnt effect your thinking. By this I in no way mean to say legalcitizen is wrong and I am right.

legalcitizen

Jul 1, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
morpheous said:
Congratulations Legalcitizen ! If you did not pay RFPR fee before, I would go ahead and include the payments when sending your passports. Soon or later they will realize the error and will contact you to pay the fee prior to visa being issued. To avoid any delays, I would include the RFPR and write them an email to let them know what you have done.

This is just my opinion, others may disagree.
I did include MO for RRPF fees.. just mailed the whole package..I am expecting by end of April, I will get passports( they mentioned 30 business days)..my VISA is valid till aug 10,2011..

virgos

Star Member
Feb 10, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 21 2009
Doc's Request.
Nov 17 2009
Nomination.....
Dec 05 2009
AOR Received.
Jun 24 2010
File Transfer...
Oct 26 2010 - NY
Med's Request
Jun 24 2010
Med's Done....
Jul 03 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Dec 17 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 07 2011
LANDED..........
Mar 12 2011 (Windsor, ON)
I completed my Landing yesterday Via Detroit-Windsor Tunnel.
No questions asked about landing outside province - absolutely none!

Rest of landing process was very smooth, just normal questions: address, cash, goods to follow list & car title etc. Officer did not ask for photos.

- virgos

SinghIsKing

Jul 15, 2009
Congrats Virgos!

Did you provide them with the Alberta Address?
Can you provide some more details about your landing?
After landing did you apply for SIN, BANK Acc etc and did you come back to US ?

Thanks

virgos said:

Rest of landing process was very smooth, just normal questions: address, cash, goods to follow list & car title etc. Officer did not ask for photos.

- virgos

King80

Star Member
Oct 22, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2009
Doc's Request.
Nov 2009
Nomination.....
Dec 2009
AOR Received.
20/07/2010
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NY Jan 05, 2011
Med's Request
20/07/2010
Med's Done....
12/08/2010 (reached Ottawa Sep 8th ,2010)
Interview........
waiting
Passport Req..
March 07 2011
VISA ISSUED...
March 11 2011
LANDED..........
waiting
ohhcanada said:
I don't know about the NY office, but the buffalo office's requirements for photos are here, read the .pdf file in that link. It never mentions writing name or anything on the back of the picture. The link is on the Buffalo consulate site:

For some reason I can't seem to post links "Sorry, you are not allowed to post links." so I am giving you an alternate way:

Go to google and search specifically for this string:
buffalo gc ca imm Photographs_Photographies.aspx

The very first hit you get has the information I am talking about.

Hope this helps you.
Thanks!!!

dear_pnp

Jan 15, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
legalcitizen said:
Thanks man.. I followed that link about photos..I called a local photo studio and they are aware of Canadian immigration photo specs.. I showed her the specs and she gave me the pics with stamp and date on the backside of the photos..I just mailed the whole package with photos, RRPF fees and Passports..hopefully the photos wont get rejected..
I paid 20 for 8 photos..

good luck with your processing..

Regards..
I'm glad that you were able to make a wise move and avert any further delays, There have been many cases where photos have been rejected.

Dont worry the next thing you will get is only your VISA. Good luck and congrats for your new life in Canada.

Be in touch.

dear_pnp

Jan 15, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
virgos said:

- virgos

Hey virgos,

Can you tell me when did NY office received your passport and on what date they mailed your passport back (their mailing date, not your receiving date).

Thanks a lot.

virgos

Star Member
Feb 10, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 21 2009
Doc's Request.
Nov 17 2009
Nomination.....
Dec 05 2009
AOR Received.
Jun 24 2010
File Transfer...
Oct 26 2010 - NY
Med's Request
Jun 24 2010
Med's Done....
Jul 03 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Dec 17 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 07 2011
LANDED..........
Mar 12 2011 (Windsor, ON)
My passport reached NY on Dec 30th
They mailed it back to me on Jan 7th

- Virgos
dear_pnp said:
Hey virgos,

Can you tell me when did NY office received your passport and on what date they mailed your passport back (their mailing date, not your receiving date).

Thanks a lot.