Waived
Passport Req..
03-02-2011
VISA ISSUED...
18 March, 2011
LANDED..........
18 July, 2011
Dear Governor,

Thanks for the link and glad to see you are recovering from your "rating crisis". It really help us to understhand what PNP is.

the

AlbertaGovernor said:
Things have changed since the time you have applied. The AINP system is being abused as a fast track system to get to other province in Canada. Floods of H1B applicant closed the IT stream, finally they closed the H1B stream. Now read these articles below and decide with a Alberta PNP based PR you want land in Ontario to live on one side of the border and then work on the other side of Ontario.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2010/ob251.asp

http://www.smeurrens.com/2010/11/pnp-participants-denied-entry-at-the-border/

lettuce_tomatoes

Star Member
Jun 23, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I dont understand Why people are critical of AG? cuz he calls spade a spade? cuz he calls Sonu a SONU? am i missing something here?

the said:
Dear Governor,

Thanks for the link and glad to see you are recovering from your "rating crisis". It really help us to understhand what PNP is.

the

lightsinthemist

Star Member
Feb 25, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-15-2009
Doc's Request.
11-28-2009
Nomination.....
12-07-2009 CIC app 05-15-2010
AOR Received.
08-23-2010
Med's Request
08-23-2010
Med's Done....
09-03-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
04-19-2011
VISA ISSUED...
05-16-2011
Lettuce

I second your thoughts bro and Governor you have my strong support as usual. I also dont get it why people are critical of AG when he tirelessly posts much useful information all the time. He is very honest in his opinions and yes supporting abuse of the system in the name of gaining entry to a country is a practise which will backfire on those idiots who gamed this system.

I have a friend who wanted to apply to AINP and now cannot because the system is taped shut and now with all the other provinces not accepting applications untill and unless you have an actual job offer in the province and also relatives or friends who can recommend you his options of immigrating to canada are closed.

All because of what ...some idiots flooded the AINP stream without ever intending to even use their nominations .There could be thousands of more such people who can no longer immigrate to Canada because even if they get a job offer they will also need people who can vouch for them .

I am not saying CIC is perfect or doing everything right. It is common decency in not abusing the systems and letting everybody have a fair chance at settling in their place of choice.

Anywaz AG keep up the good work .

Lights

lettuce_tomatoes said:
I dont understand Why people are critical of AG? cuz he calls spade a spade? cuz he calls Sonu a SONU? am i missing something here?

philly

Jun 7, 2010
Philadelphia
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3-3-2009
Doc's Request.
01-11-2009
Nomination.....
24-11-2009
AOR Received.
01-07-2010
File Transfer...
26-10-2010
Med's Request
July-7-2010
Med's Done....
15-7-2010
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Dec 22 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 21 2011
LANDED..........
?
Proof of Funds

Hi Freinds,
I have question about proof of funds.
Instead of carrying Cashier check , Money order can i show USA savings bank account statement as a proof of funds?

I appreciate your sugession.

Thanks

lightsinthemist

Star Member
Feb 25, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-15-2009
Doc's Request.
11-28-2009
Nomination.....
12-07-2009 CIC app 05-15-2010
AOR Received.
08-23-2010
Med's Request
08-23-2010
Med's Done....
09-03-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
04-19-2011
VISA ISSUED...
05-16-2011
Joseph

You are absolutely correct in your understanding that passports of any country are prohibited to be posted by mail outside the country. .All major couriers will ask you for the contents of the package and will also sense via scanning the contents of the package.Trackitt has cases of passports being stopped by US customs upon detection that it is a passport.

Safest options.

1.Contacting your country's foreign service office might definetly help and they probably have employees visiting every month and you could authorize one of them to carry your passport if they are very understanding of your dilema.

2.On the other hand there must be definetly students travelling from your country to universities here in Usa. You could get in touch with any one of them nearest to the town where your family is residing and get your passport through them having authorized them to carry it . Maybe a small fee will motivate them to carry it for you :) .

3.Also travel agencies in your country which might be organizing travel tours to visit the Usa would be sending a lot of people monthly either for visit purposes or other purposes.A small fee and authorization letter might do the trick and you can pick up the passport here in the states.

Frankly have googled for any other options and untill and unless it is sent along with a person carrying the authorization letter there does not seem to be a way. Also the newer passports of most countries have the passive RFID tags which are easily detected by border custom's agents while the package is making way to here and the penalties are usually severe.

Hope one of the above options works for you bro.

Lightsinthemist

josephdadreamer said:
Folks,

My question was asked several times in the forum but no clear answer. So here we go again.

My dependents is back in my home country, what's the legal process of sending their passport to me? I know that sending the passport via mail is illegal and is prohibited in my home country. So i am thinking of doing a request at my country's foreign affairs office so that they can send the passport at a united states Canadian visa office. Any person experienced similar situation? Thanks.

the

Star Member
Jun 25, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/LA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AINP_00-03-2009, CIC_08-04-2010
Doc's Request.
na
Nomination.....
29-11-2009
AOR Received.
24-07-2010
IELTS Request
na
File Transfer...
05-01-2011 to LA
Med's Request
24-07-2010
Med's Done....
06-08-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
03-02-2011
VISA ISSUED...
18 March, 2011
LANDED..........
18 July, 2011
Some people don't want spade to be called a spade. Calling spade a spade is demerited here, while in ancient China calling deer a deer could be decapitated. Instead, you had to call deer a horse to avoid decapitation .

lettuce_tomatoes said:

lettuce_tomatoes

Star Member
Jun 23, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
"Some people don't want spade to be called a spade"? when someone reaches such a state of truth denial, they attain the designation of a "teaching Assistant" in the Global University of Hypocrisy. Your next stop--->>>TwilightZone.

There is no hiding from truth my friend, not at all. The sooner one accepts this fact, the happier and wiser he gets.

History is the witness, those who have denied the truth have suffered humiliation.

the said:
Some people don't want spade to be called a spade. Calling spade a spade is demerited here, while in ancient China calling deer a deer could be decapitated. Instead, you had to call deer a horse to avoid decapitation .

lettuce_tomatoes

Star Member
Jun 23, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Re: Proof of Funds

Carrying a letter issued by the financial institution with details like your name, mailing address, length of your banking relationship with the institution and the bank balance (as proof of funds) along with a recent copy of bank statement woudl be better than just carrying a bank statement.

Hope this helps.

philly said:
Hi Freinds,
I have question about proof of funds.
Instead of carrying Cashier check , Money order can i show USA savings bank account statement as a proof of funds?

I appreciate your sugession.

Thanks

calgary2010

Star Member
Jan 29, 2010
LOS ANGELES
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-05-2009
Doc's Request.
NO
Nomination.....
10-12-2009
AOR Received.
15-08-2010
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
NO
Med's Request
15-08-2010
Med's Done....
18-08-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08-03-2011
VISA ISSUED...
10-03-2011
LANDED..........
28-04-2011
Hey Joe, I was expecting that our passport request in Dec and requested my colleague to carry my family members passport along with a written / signed letter. I guess its the safest bet. However we are back in US now waiting eagarly for the PPR request.

josephdadreamer said:
Folks,

My question was asked several times in the forum but no clear answer. So here we go again.

My dependents is back in my home country, what's the legal process of sending their passport to me? I know that sending the passport via mail is illegal and is prohibited in my home country. So i am thinking of doing a request at my country's foreign affairs office so that they can send the passport at a united states Canadian visa office. Any person experienced similar situation? Thanks.

calgary2010

Star Member
Jan 29, 2010
LOS ANGELES
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-05-2009
Doc's Request.
NO
Nomination.....
10-12-2009
AOR Received.
15-08-2010
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
NO
Med's Request
15-08-2010
Med's Done....
18-08-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08-03-2011
VISA ISSUED...
10-03-2011
LANDED..........
28-04-2011
As most of us have got ppr and few are in queue ( a month or two, it will come ), Do you know that almost all the airlines allow only 1 luggage bag of 23kgs ;D though its an international travel, what would be the best options to move the entire family setup from LA to Calgary. I am ready to drive from LA to calgary but is it feasible :), which allows you to move your maximum stuff and enjoy drive via Montana. USPS charges shoot up if you want to move via postal service.

jxyj01

Star Member
Oct 5, 2010
King80 said:
Congrats jxyj01.

my file also transefered to NY on Jan 05th. Can you please share yout time line after file transfer?

Also what method you used to send the passports, docs needed, and the return postage/envelope.

Sorry i am asking for too much info :)
Hello King80, My file was transferred on Oct 19. I used fedex to send passport and docs. I used fedex for return mail. I have fedex personal/corporate account. I filled the return level with that number. I also enclosed a page saying that fedex return envelop is enclosed with corporate account number on the return level. I used fedex because I got late modifying photographs at walgreens. I would recommend using a USPS express mail. I had to wait a month to get the passport back. Not sure if it was fedex or something that caused the delay in my mail. Please, feel free to ask any info.

US2IND2CAN

Nov 9, 2010
India
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2-3-2009
Doc's Request.
19-11-2009
Nomination.....
23-11-2009
AOR Received.
3-6-2010
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
3-6-2010
Med's Done....
8-7-2010
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
3-6-2010
VISA ISSUED...
2-2-2011
LANDED..........
22-4-2011
Hi all,

CHC New Delhi is holding my passport since July '10 and the ecas status has never changed. It always says "We started processing your application on June 2nd, 2010". Is this the norm with other Canadian Consulates too? I would like to know if it's just a case of negligence from CHC New Delhi? Have people received passport requests or visa with no status update on ecas?

Or does it mean that since there is no progress in your application by the visa officer, the status has not been updated?

Regards,

MK

AlbertaGovernor

May 29, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
calgary2010 said:
As most of us have got ppr and few are in queue ( a month or two, it will come ), Do you know that almost all the airlines allow only 1 luggage bag of 23kgs ;D though its an international travel, what would be the best options to move the entire family setup from LA to Calgary. I am ready to drive from LA to calgary but is it feasible :), which allows you to move your maximum stuff and enjoy drive via Montana. USPS charges shoot up if you want to move via postal service.
Drive from LA to Calgary is possible but it will be very tedious. You will have to take multiple breaks. Will you be able to take all your suff in your car?

If not there is something called "Relo Cube" from www.upack.com. They deliver a large box at your door to put stuff into it. They will them pick it up and transport it to your destination and leave it at your door. I have heard of many people using this UPack service. They also provide full size trailers if you have more stuff to move.

AlbertaGovernor

May 29, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
US2IND2CAN said:
Hi all,

CHC New Delhi is holding my passport since July '10 and the ecas status has never changed. It always says "We started processing your application on June 2nd, 2010". Is this the norm with other Canadian Consulates too? I would like to know if it's just a case of negligence from CHC New Delhi? Have people received passport requests or visa with no status update on ecas?

Or does it mean that since there is no progress in your application by the visa officer, the status has not been updated?

Regards,

MK
Can you please share more information about your case? You see to have applied from CHC Delhi. Please check their average processing time and if that passed with respect to your application, you need to contact them and inquire about your case. If you have submitted your passport in July that means your medicals are about to expire soon.

chigirl

Nov 16, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
BUFFALO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-08-2008
Doc's Request.
11-15-2009
Nomination.....
11-23-2009
AOR Received.
07-19-2010
Med's Request
07-19-2010
Med's Done....
07-26-2010
US2IND2CAN said:
Hi all,

Regards,

MK
This is not the norm with other consulates (atleast in the US).First, they do not request passports unless they have made a final decision; once they do, they normally return passports with visa within about a months time, give plus or minus a few days.

Regards updates, CIC Buffalo is very unpredictable - they may or may not update your e-case. Other consulates, like LA and NY are better in this regard. Bottom line, there is no way to figure the status of your application by looking at your ecase.

- c