AOR Received.
07-19-2010
Med's Request
07-19-2010
Med's Done....
07-26-2010
Ambitious07 said:
Hi folks,

We are waiting for final call from CIC but they confirmed by email in Nov last year that they have received our medicals. but now my family want to go back home for 2 years and I want to know that If they don't go with me but they still can go to Alberta later right ? or that is difficult ?

I'll be thankful and appreciate your response.

Thanks
Do you plan to live and work in Canada, while your family is away for two years ?

AlbertaGovernor

May 29, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VAtoCA said:
I'm not sure what are you trying to say but I know many who have landed via niagra and detroit with out any problem. During the webinar when they just started AINP back in 2009, I asked if a person has to stay for some time at AB before he/she can move to different prov, the lady from AINP clearley said that they don't have such law as PR is given by CIC not any provience. Now having said that I'm not trying to say we all shoud move to other prov as I myself is planning to move to AB once I get PR.
Things have changed since the time you have applied. The AINP system is being abused as a fast track system to get to other province in Canada. Floods of H1B applicant closed the IT stream, finally they closed the H1B stream. Now read these articles below and decide with a Alberta PNP based PR you want land in Ontario to live on one side of the border and then work on the other side of Ontario.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2010/ob251.asp

http://www.smeurrens.com/2010/11/pnp-participants-denied-entry-at-the-border/

AlbertaGovernor

May 29, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ambitious07 said:
Hi folks,

We are waiting for final call from CIC but they confirmed by email in Nov last year that they have received our medicals. but now my family want to go back home for 2 years and I want to know that If they don't go with me but they still can go to Alberta later right ? or that is difficult ?

I'll be thankful and appreciate your response.

Thanks
It should not be a problem. If you are planning to complete the landing formalities and apply for PR card for your family and then they leave to your home country it should be fine.

In order to maintain their residency status for renewal of PR card, they have to be in Canada for atleast 2 yrs out of the three, so make sure they meet this residency requirement.

If they are landing later, they need to land before the expiry of their Immigrant Visa/Medicals.

AlbertaGovernor

May 29, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dear_pnp said:
Hey AlbertaGovernor,

I did not receive the PPR email or mail till now despite the fact that my file was transferred to NY office on Dec 2nd. I have seen people whose files were transferred on Dec 14 and they got their PPR on Jan 5. I am not sure how is this possible. Even I am a PNP candidate and my file is complete and no missing docs as far as I know and I also have paid RPRF with the initial application.

And also I have done my medicals more than 6 months ago. Any idea when will I receive the PPR? Also do you think the delay might be because my file is under background check? Is it not that when a file is transferred it implies that the back ground check has been completed. Please shed some light on this.

Dear
NY office is generally slow. This is based on the experience people share on the forum and is compared to other VOs. You should be getting a PPR by regular mail in the coming weeks.

Ambitious07

Star Member
Mar 6, 2009
AlbertaGovernor said:
It should not be a problem. If you are planning to complete the landing formalities and apply for PR card for your family and then they leave to your home country it should be fine.

In order to maintain their residency status for renewal of PR card, they have to be in Canada for atleast 2 yrs out of the three, so make sure they meet this residency requirement.

If they are landing later, they need to land before the expiry of their Immigrant Visa/Medicals.
Actually I want to know, Can CIC ask for my family passport at the time of PR ? if they go back home then I can not provide their passports to CIC. But I think they can go to Canadian Embassy if require in the resident country right ?

Thanks

AlbertaGovernor

May 29, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ambitious07 said:
Actually I want to know, Can CIC ask for my family passport at the time of PR ? if they go back home then I can not provide their passports to CIC. But I think they can go to Canadian Embassy if require in the resident country right ?

Thanks
The passport request is valid for 60 days. It will be difficult to get it done from any other consultate other than the one where your application is with. In that case I would recommend you can ask for their passports and submit along with your passport at time of PPR. Why complicate things........

VAtoCA

Star Member
Jan 21, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AlbertaGovernor said:
Things have changed since the time you have applied. The AINP system is being abused as a fast track system to get to other province in Canada. Floods of H1B applicant closed the IT stream, finally they closed the H1B stream. Now read these articles below and decide with a Alberta PNP based PR you want land in Ontario to live on one side of the border and then work on the other side of Ontario.
I have read that bulletin before. The bulletin is all about landing and I agree with you on livin in one side of border and working on another. However this bulletin does not say you have to land @ AB to complete landing formalities. It says we have to show enough evidence that we intent to live in AB after landing. And I'm sure even if you do your landing at AB you still have so show your intentin to live there. What if you land today @ AB and move to BC next day...

DKSCHOWDARY

Star Member
Jan 18, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2009
Doc's Request.
05-05-2009
Nomination.....
16-01-2010
AOR Received.
01-08-2010
File Transfer...
24-01-2011
Med's Request
01-08-2010
Med's Done....
17-08-2010
AlbertaGovernor said:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2010/ob251.asp

http://www.smeurrens.com/2010/11/pnp-participants-denied-entry-at-the-border/
Very Useful links Thx

DKSCHOWDARY

Star Member
Jan 18, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2009
Doc's Request.
05-05-2009
Nomination.....
16-01-2010
AOR Received.
01-08-2010
File Transfer...
24-01-2011
Med's Request
01-08-2010
Med's Done....
17-08-2010
VAtoCA said:
I have read that bulletin before. The bulletin is all about landing and I agree with you on livin in one side of border and working on another. However this bulletin does not say you have to land @ AB to complete landing formalities. It says we have to show enough evidence that we intent to live in AB after landing. And I'm sure even if you do your landing at AB you still have so show your intentin to live there. What if you land today @ AB and move to BC next day...
If u land in AB, i guess u will hav fewer Q to be answered. If u land somewhere else... u might hav to prove that u intend to stay in AB. I guess it also depends on the VO.

uniwander

Star Member
Apr 5, 2010
I agree with you guys that we should not abuse the system..

I wonder how the officers define "intention to live in Alberta"? Or what's the difference between " intention to live in Alberta" when you land and "actually live in Alberta" after you land?

VAtoCA said:

KW71

Oct 16, 2010
Hello Guys, I have expired visa and I-94 and I need to do landing formalities. Do I cross by road or by air. I have to carry my car too. Do I transport my car and go by air where expired I-94 will be collected by airlines or go by land where Canadian immigration officer collects my I094 and ask my legal status in US. Please, advise.

josephdadreamer

Nov 24, 2008
Folks,

My question was asked several times in the forum but no clear answer. So here we go again.

My dependents is back in my home country, what's the legal process of sending their passport to me? I know that sending the passport via mail is illegal and is prohibited in my home country. So i am thinking of doing a request at my country's foreign affairs office so that they can send the passport at a united states Canadian visa office. Any person experienced similar situation? Thanks.

jxyj01

Star Member
Oct 5, 2010
Well folks, I received my Visa and COPR today. My passport was received NY on Dec 29, visa issued on Jan 11 and mailed on 25. On 24 i sent an email and a fax asking status of my mail. Later yesterday evening, I saw that the packaged was picked by fedex. Btw Virgos' passport was also received on Dec 29, and his visa was issued in Jan 7 and he received his passport last week. Again, there is no consistency how the CIC offices operate. Well, good luck to everyone.

King80

Star Member
Oct 22, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2009
Doc's Request.
Nov 2009
Nomination.....
Dec 2009
AOR Received.
20/07/2010
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NY Jan 05, 2011
Med's Request
20/07/2010
Med's Done....
12/08/2010 (reached Ottawa Sep 8th ,2010)
Interview........
waiting
Passport Req..
March 07 2011
VISA ISSUED...
March 11 2011
LANDED..........
waiting
jxyj01 said:
Well folks, I received my Visa and COPR today. My passport was received NY on Dec 29, visa issued on Jan 11 and mailed on 25. On 24 i sent an email and a fax asking status of my mail. Later yesterday evening, I saw that the packaged was picked by fedex. Btw Virgos' passport was also received on Dec 29, and his visa was issued in Jan 7 and he received his passport last week. Again, there is no consistency how the CIC offices operate. Well, good luck to everyone.
Congrats jxyj01.

my file also transefered to NY on Jan 05th. Can you please share yout time line after file transfer?

Also what method you used to send the passports, docs needed, and the return postage/envelope.

Sorry i am asking for too much info :)

DKSCHOWDARY

Star Member
Jan 18, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2009
Doc's Request.
05-05-2009
Nomination.....
16-01-2010
AOR Received.
01-08-2010
File Transfer...
24-01-2011
Med's Request
01-08-2010
Med's Done....
17-08-2010
Do we normally get an email receipt(mesg sent Visa Case Specific inquiry) after we send an email to Detroit Consulate??