N/A
Passport Req..
TBD
VISA ISSUED...
TBD
LANDED..........
TBD
To All friends,

I am a new member here. Even I have applied for my PR application in Buffalo. For a while I have been visiting this thread and I found something that I would like to share:

I found that most of the people here in this thread have developed an obsession with this PR thing. I mean come on guys, you got to move on with other things in life. It is completely fine to visit this thread and ask questions whenever you have. That's what it is for.

But you know checking your email 100 times in a day, constantly checking your mail box, repeatedly checking your e-cas, I mean these things convey a problem at large. You don't want to develop an obsessive compulsion disorder. When you have to get PR, you will get it. Doesn't really matter how much you wait for it, how much you compare your time line with others.

You will get PR once and it will last for a life time. So why the worry, you should move on with other things in your life. Like they say, your heart must go on.

I hope you all get PPR soon, including me lol :p

jxyj01

Star Member
Oct 5, 2010
Jack_Rose said:
To All friends,

I am a new member here. Even I have applied for my PR application in Buffalo. For a while I have been visiting this thread and I found something that I would like to share:

I found that most of the people here in this thread have developed an obsession with this PR thing. I mean come on guys, you got to move on with other things in life. It is completely fine to visit this thread and ask questions whenever you have. That's what it is for.

But you know checking your email 100 times in a day, constantly checking your mail box, repeatedly checking your e-cas, I mean these things convey a problem at large. You don't want to develop an obsessive compulsion disorder. When you have to get PR, you will get it. Doesn't really matter how much you wait for it, how much you compare your time line with others.

You will get PR once and it will last for a life time. So why the worry, you should move on with other things in your life. Like they say, your heart must go on.

Hello Jack_Rose, People come here for different reasons and the situation of every applicant varies. Getting PR is not just another "Thing". It means a lot to many people here. The majority of us here are on HIB visa and given the state of economy, there is a uncertainty all around. It is not as black and white as you said it. There are people who have gone back to India waiting for PPR. There are people who are nearing their expiry of H1B visa. Every situation is different and you cannot put level people unless you know each person. Life depends on Hope and we make plans accordingly and For many of us those plans depend on PR. For you moving to Canada may not be a priority, but to many people it is and they want to get it done so they can make some plans. Immigration to any county is not easy and it is not a joke. There are people who come here for support and talk to people in similar situations.

FreshStart

Sep 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
File Transfer...
Oct 20-1010
Med's Request
July 19-2010
Med's Done....
July 23-2010
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
Jan 7-2011
Hi All, I have a question. I am planing to complete the landing procedure this weekend and come back to the US. When we come back to the US, what should my response me to the US custom officer? I was in canada for a visit? meeting friends? or for Landing procedure?

I am on H1B visa and my intension is to come back to the US and prep myself for the relocation. Thanks all!

Jack_Rose

Jan 18, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
NY
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 18th, 2010
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
July 2nd, 2010
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
Nov 23rd, 2010
Med's Request
July 2nd, 2010
Med's Done....
July 2nd, 2010
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
TBD
VISA ISSUED...
TBD
LANDED..........
TBD
jxyj01 said:
Hello Jack_Rose, People come here for different reasons and the situation of every applicant varies. Getting PR is not just another "Thing". It means a lot to many people here. The majority of us here are on HIB visa and given the state of economy, there is a uncertainty all around. It is not as black and white as you said it. There are people who have gone back to India waiting for PPR. There are people who are nearing their expiry of H1B visa. Every situation is different and you cannot put level people unless you know each person. Life depends on Hope and we make plans accordingly and For many of us those plans depend on PR. For you moving to Canada may not be a priority, but to many people it is and they want to get it done so they can make some plans. Immigration to any county is not easy and it is not a joke. There are people who come here for support and talk to people in similar situations.

Very Heavy jxyj01. I think I have learnt a little something here. I never said PR is not important, what I said is not good, is the obsession that most people have in the waiting period.

I take your words and I hope everyone gets PPR very soon !!!! :-*

chigirl

Nov 16, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
BUFFALO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-08-2008
Doc's Request.
11-15-2009
Nomination.....
11-23-2009
AOR Received.
07-19-2010
Med's Request
07-19-2010
Med's Done....
07-26-2010
Jack_Rose said:
To All friends,

Unfortunately, the heart wants to go to Canada......:)

Jack_Rose

Jan 18, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
NY
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 18th, 2010
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
July 2nd, 2010
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
Nov 23rd, 2010
Med's Request
July 2nd, 2010
Med's Done....
July 2nd, 2010
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
TBD
VISA ISSUED...
TBD
LANDED..........
TBD
chigirl said:
Unfortunately, the heart wants to go to Canada......:)
Hahahaaaaa lol, you made my day, seriously. See this is what I say being lively, I mean, take things with a bit of humor and spice it up with some joy.

The difference between the responses of jxjy01 and chigirl is pretty obvious. Where jxjy01 took things in a gloomy way and in a negative way, chigirl took it with a great humor.

You got to take as life comes at you, not knowing if you will get PR when you wake up next morning.

Cheers to all !!!

PPR is on the wayyyyyyyyyyy !!!!!!!

lettuce_tomatoes

Star Member
Jun 23, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Jack_Rose,

Sorry the group dint understand the humour which u seemed to have taken out of a poet's liberty....

Now that u said it was humour.....well here it is:

Hahaha...oh goodness u r so funny.

Jack_Rose said:
Hahahaaaaa lol, you made my day, seriously. See this is what I say being lively, I mean, take things with a bit of humor and spice it up with some joy.

The difference between the responses of jxjy01 and chigirl is pretty obvious. Where jxjy01 took things in a gloomy way and in a negative way, chigirl took it with a great humor.

You got to take as life comes at you, not knowing if you will get PR when you wake up next morning.

Cheers to all !!!

PPR is on the wayyyyyyyyyyy !!!!!!!

Jack_Rose

Jan 18, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
NY
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 18th, 2010
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
July 2nd, 2010
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
Nov 23rd, 2010
Med's Request
July 2nd, 2010
Med's Done....
July 2nd, 2010
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
TBD
VISA ISSUED...
TBD
LANDED..........
TBD
lettuce_tomatoes said:
Jack_Rose,

Sorry the group dint understand the humour which u seemed to have taken out of a poet's liberty....

lettuce_tomatoes, man I like your style. A very subtle way of handling the conversation, very subtle indeed.

Well two thumbs up for you, I'll tell ya, you seem to be a wise man. :eek:

lightsinthemist

Star Member
Feb 25, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-15-2009
Doc's Request.
11-28-2009
Nomination.....
12-07-2009 CIC app 05-15-2010
AOR Received.
08-23-2010
Med's Request
08-23-2010
Med's Done....
09-03-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
04-19-2011
VISA ISSUED...
05-16-2011
Lettuce

You cracked me up with that one :) made me smile bro.

Jack

I see the point of your post is to cheer up people. Unfortunately most of us have been waiting a long time and the Damocles sword of US job visas hangs over our collective heads and has been hanging for a while .It has been this way for many of us since the past 7-8 years and when you have a family to feed and financial liabilities it makes you very scared and not having the stability of a PR in any country is nerve wracking.

Still in the ideal sense we could look for the silver lining in the dark clouds...but many of us are human and it is human to worry and ponder.

Still since you wanted us to smile :p here goes.

Why so serious ......... (sorry ever since discovered the image tab cannot resist posting an image..will limit them in the future.)

lettuce_tomatoes said:
Jack_Rose,

Jack_Rose

Jan 18, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
NY
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 18th, 2010
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
July 2nd, 2010
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
Nov 23rd, 2010
Med's Request
July 2nd, 2010
Med's Done....
July 2nd, 2010
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
TBD
VISA ISSUED...
TBD
LANDED..........
TBD
lightsinthemist said:
Lettuce

You cracked me up with that one :) made me smile bro.

Jack

I see the point of your post is to cheer up people. Unfortunately most of us have been waiting a long time and the Damocles sword of US job visas hangs over our collective heads and has been hanging for a while .It has been this way for many of us since the past 7-8 years and when you have a family to feed and financial liabilities it makes you very scared and not having the stability of a PR in any country is nerve wracking.

Still in the ideal sense we could look for the silver lining in the dark clouds...but many of us are human and it is human to worry and ponder.

Still since you wanted us to smile :p here goes.

Why so serious ......... (sorry ever since discovered the image tab cannot resist posting an image..will limit them in the future.)

Well lightsinthemist, thanks for that pic bro. I am gonna watch 'Dark Night' tonight, Ledgers performance was awesome.

Oh ya, I understand the difficulties of job visas, stability etc. Living the American Dream is not easy my friend. I am glad that you understood what I meant to say.

And FYI, that Pic is awesome, you don't need to limit yourself bro. You're frozen when your hearts not open.

Ever been to Florida??? I'm gonna head out there next month and get myself some tan. You guys, learn to enjoy yourselves....... :-* :-*

lettuce_tomatoes

Star Member
Jun 23, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Jack_Rose,

Thanks, apoligies if you felt sharpness in any part(s) of my response. Thanks for stepping in and help us making us smile.

Welcome, from being a passive reader to active blogger. quite a transition i'd say :p

For the benefit of the group, Can you please post ur time line?

Lettuce.

Jack_Rose said:
lettuce_tomatoes, man I like your style. A very subtle way of handling the conversation, very subtle indeed.

Well two thumbs up for you, I'll tell ya, you seem to be a wise man. :eek:

Jack_Rose

Jan 18, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
NY
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 18th, 2010
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
July 2nd, 2010
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
Nov 23rd, 2010
Med's Request
July 2nd, 2010
Med's Done....
July 2nd, 2010
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
TBD
VISA ISSUED...
TBD
LANDED..........
TBD
lettuce_tomatoes said:
Jack_Rose,

Thanks, apoligies if you felt sharpness in any part(s) of my response. Thanks for stepping in and help us making us smile.

Welcome, from being a passive reader to active blogger. quite a transition i'd say :p

For the benefit of the group, Can you please post ur time line?

Lettuce.

There you go Pal, here's my timeline. Sorry I missed out on that during this whole conversation.

Sharpness, oh no bro not all. Infact you are a person of extreme interest.

Yeah it was hell of a transition isn't it, trying to paint with words Eh.. ??? ???

Oh gosh I already started to sound like a Canadian...Haahaaa lol .... :p

Have fun boys !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

C

cchabert

Jack_Rose said:
There you go Pal, here's my timeline. Sorry I missed out on that during this whole conversation.

Sharpness, oh no bro not all. Infact you are a person of extreme interest.

Yeah it was hell of a transition isn't it, trying to paint with words Eh.. ??? ???

Oh gosh I already started to sound like a Canadian...Haahaaa lol .... :p

Have fun boys !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
How many of you guys are moving for good to Calgary? Maybe we can have a big reunion one of these days :)

Jack_Rose

Jan 18, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
NY
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 18th, 2010
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
July 2nd, 2010
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
Nov 23rd, 2010
Med's Request
July 2nd, 2010
Med's Done....
July 2nd, 2010
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
TBD
VISA ISSUED...
TBD
LANDED..........
TBD
cchabert said:
How many of you guys are moving for good to Calgary? Maybe we can have a big reunion one of these days :)

Count Me In......... :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*