+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ONLY - Who submitted CIC-AINP(SRS-U.S. Visa Holder Category) application

lettuce_tomatoes

Star Member
Jun 23, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Althouh they have not clarified this through the language used on their website, its is evident that it is on average taking 11 months from the date of application recieved by CIC

chigirl said:
ok, so we if I go by your logic, if its 11 months since the day they started processing your application, they you should receive your ppr tiin May. In which case, you'll lose a month in getting your pp stamped, which leaves you practically no time to land.

I think its 11 months since you submit your application. So, by mid Jan, you've reached your 11 months.

lettuce_tomatoes

Star Member
Jun 23, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It must be Protech Immigration then. All those fools put togeather do not even know half of what Manny (our friend on this forum) knows.

chigirl said:
Yes, I did know, and I spoke to my attorney, and they advised that the file had to be sent to Buffalo.

chigirl

Nov 16, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
BUFFALO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-08-2008
Doc's Request.
11-15-2009
Nomination.....
11-23-2009
AOR Received.
07-19-2010
Med's Request
07-19-2010
Med's Done....
07-26-2010
lettuce_tomatoes said:
It must be Protech Immigration then. All those fools put togeather do not even know half of what Manny (our friend on this forum) knows.
It is not protech.

And you're right; they probably did not give me the right advice because they would have lost a client midway through the process.

legalcitizen

Jul 1, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
my ecase status changed to :Medical results have been received.

i dont know what does that mean..i hope i am next in line for RRPF and PPR....

lettuce_tomatoes

Star Member
Jun 23, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
One of my friend is in a similar situation. In July 2010, I pleaded him to submit his application to New Delhi as it seems to process applications faster in the PNP stream but he chose the Buffalo route cuz the "attorney" adviced him.

Result?: Its been 6 months now, he has not even recieved medical request. Besides that, the logistical challenges of sending the PP to Buffalo remains large.

chigirl said:
It is not protech.

And you're right; they probably did not give me the right advice because they would have lost a client midway through the process.

chigirl

Nov 16, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
BUFFALO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-08-2008
Doc's Request.
11-15-2009
Nomination.....
11-23-2009
AOR Received.
07-19-2010
Med's Request
07-19-2010
Med's Done....
07-26-2010
lettuce_tomatoes said:
One of my friend is in a similar situation. In July 2010, I pleaded him to submit his application to New Delhi as it seems to process applications faster in the PNP stream but he chose the Buffalo route cuz the "attorney" adviced him.

Result?: Its been 6 months now, he has not even recieved medical request. Besides that, the logistical challenges of sending the PP to Buffalo remains large.
The only reason I retained the attorney after my application to CIC, was because I needed some representative who could receive my AOR/Medicals. If I had turned in my application to Delhi, there really would be no need for them. If only I knew then what I know now.

rajeshindy

Apr 16, 2009
Hi Chi Girl

I think you or your attorney did the right thing filing at buffalo consulate...As we fall under AINP H1-B process. I think Delhi consulate would have returned the application to you or transferred to Buffalo for further processing. I might be wrong too !! just a input.

lettuce_tomatoes

Star Member
Jun 23, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I understand what you say

Lets hope CIC quits dragging their heels and get some PPRs.

I hope those who are stuck with Bufflo will be spared the another round of file transfer and the 2-3 months delay that comes with it.

chigirl said:
The only reason I retained the attorney after my application to CIC, was because I needed some representative who could receive my AOR/Medicals. If I had turned in my application to Delhi, there really would be no need for them. If only I knew then what I know now.

lettuce_tomatoes

Star Member
Jun 23, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Rajeshindy,

Please review "Processing times for provincial nominee applications processed by visa offices outside Canada" section on the follwing link: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm/provincial.asp

Asia and Pacific Visa Office Processing Times
IN MONTHS
(based on a complete application package)
Beijing - China 11
Colombo - Sri Lanka 25
Hong Kong - China 21
Islamabad - Pakistan 23
Kuala Lumpur - Malaysia -
Manila - Philippines 11
New Delhi - India 6 They do process PNP files in New Delhi.....FASTER than Buffalo!
Seoul - South Korea 10
Singapore - Singapore 11
Sydney - Australia 8
Taipei - Taiwan 8
Tokyo - Japan 10

rajeshindy said:
Hi Chi Girl

I think you or your attorney did the right thing filing at buffalo consulate...As we fall under AINP H1-B process. I think Delhi consulate would have returned the application to you or transferred to Buffalo for further processing. I might be wrong too !! just a input.

chigirl

Nov 16, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
BUFFALO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-08-2008
Doc's Request.
11-15-2009
Nomination.....
11-23-2009
AOR Received.
07-19-2010
Med's Request
07-19-2010
Med's Done....
07-26-2010
rajeshindy said:
Hi Chi Girl

After I moved to India, I asked CIC Buffalo if they could have my file transfered and this is what they had to say:

This refers to your application for permanent residence in Canada and your request to have your file transferred.

Visa offices are not required to transfer applications upon the request of an applicant or their designated representative, but will transfer files only if that transfer would enhance program integrity.

You have the option of withdrawing your application at our office and re-applying for a permanent resident visa to a visa office where you have been lawfully admitted for at least one year or to the visa office that is responsible for your country of nationality. Please refer to our website to determine the responsible visa office:

So, you do have the option of sending your file to Delhi. However, need clarification as what the officer meant when withdrawing and reapplying - I presume he meant the CIC application only, and not the whole AINP/nomination thing.

Also, at that time, I let it be, because during March and April of last year, processing was much faster. People were getting medicals within a couple of months and passport requests a couple of months after. We never expected this kind of delay

Ell.Bee

Jan 18, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb - 2009
Doc's Request.
Nov - 2009
Nomination.....
Dec - 2009 CIC App. Filed..: May 2010
AOR Received.
08-23-2010
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
08-23-2010
Med's Done....
09-09-2010
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
03-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
03-17-2011
LANDED..........
04-06-2011
legalcitizen said:
my ecase status changed to :Medical results have been received.

i dont know what does that mean..i hope i am next in line for RRPF and PPR....
Good to see they are working on something :)

C

cchabert

Ell.Bee said:
Good to see they are working on something :)
Talking about ECAS, I'm trying to see the one for my Sister, I can't, I have the B number plus the last name in caps, any sugestions???

chigirl

Nov 16, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
BUFFALO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-08-2008
Doc's Request.
11-15-2009
Nomination.....
11-23-2009
AOR Received.
07-19-2010
Med's Request
07-19-2010
Med's Done....
07-26-2010
lettuce_tomatoes said:
Rajeshindy,

Please review "Processing times for provincial nominee applications processed by visa offices outside Canada" section on the follwing link: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm/provincial.asp

Asia and Pacific Visa Office Processing Times
IN MONTHS
(based on a complete application package)
Beijing - China 11
Colombo - Sri Lanka 25
Hong Kong - China 21
Islamabad - Pakistan 23
Kuala Lumpur - Malaysia -
Manila - Philippines 11
New Delhi - India 6 They do process PNP files in New Delhi.....FASTER than Buffalo!
Seoul - South Korea 10
Singapore - Singapore 11
Sydney - Australia 8
Taipei - Taiwan 8
Tokyo - Japan 10
In any case, timeline wise, from the posts that I've seen for Delhi, their time line has slowed down as well.

US2IND2CAN

Nov 9, 2010
India
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2-3-2009
Doc's Request.
19-11-2009
Nomination.....
23-11-2009
AOR Received.
3-6-2010
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
3-6-2010
Med's Done....
8-7-2010
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
3-6-2010
VISA ISSUED...
2-2-2011
LANDED..........
22-4-2011
lettuce_tomatoes said:
Chigirl,

You moved to india after submitting your application to the CIC. Did you have any advance knowledge that you will be moving to india?

If yes, i want to learn why you chose to submit ur file to buffalo VO which was taking 11 months to process even in 2010, besides the the challenges of sending the passport overseas.

On the other hand, according to the processing times tracked on the CIC website, its taking on 6 months for New Delhi to process the cases....

Did you attorney advice you to take buffalo route instead of New Delhi?
My attorney tried to submit the documents to Buffalo, but she was told by CIC to submit to New Delhi since I had already moved. It happened just 2 days before my deadline to submit.

But if you look at my timeline, 6 months as the website says is for the 80% of the cases and most of us on the forum seem to be in the remaining 20% for some reason. My application looks very good and I got PPR along with AOR, but for some reason they have not decided on my application yet. My passport is sitting on their desk forever. The reply for an inquiry regarding the passport status was generic and mentioned that my application is awaiting review by the visa officer.

procan

Star Member
Mar 25, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-03-2009
Doc's Request.
05-11-2009
Nomination.....
17-11-2009 CIC App. Filed.: 12-03-2010
AOR Received.
28-06-2010
Med's Request
28-06-2010
Med's Done....
25-08-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
13-04-2011
VISA ISSUED...
28-04-2011
LANDED..........
23-06-2011
cchabert said:
Talking about ECAS, I'm trying to see the one for my Sister, I can't, I have the B number plus the last name in caps, any sugestions???
DOB & place of birth (country) - are the rest of the things needed.
try once again....