Interview........
NONE
Passport Req..
12/17/2010
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
Friends,

I am planing to land in canada in march by flight. Can you please suggest some hotel that is good and affordable. I am planning to use AVR. i am on h1b visa stamped on my passport but for my wife and kid it's a previous company h4 visa stamped and they are having I-797 of my current company.Can we all use AVR. Can somone please help me on this.

Thanks

cooldeepforyou

Star Member
Feb 25, 2009
Hi
Just got back from visiting LA counsulate personally and got visa stamped. If was very simple process please let me know if you need any help
thanks

Flames

Feb 16, 2009
Canadian government - 2011 Immigration Plan.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/publications/annual-report2010/section1.asp#note4

NewHome_Alberta

Star Member
Jun 29, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cooldeepforyou said:
Hi
Just got back from visiting LA counsulate personally and got visa stamped. If was very simple process please let me know if you need any help
thanks
I have not got my PPR yet. But i would like to know more details about the experience that you have. Please share with us.

Wendy2

Sep 3, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/LA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2009
Doc's Request.
Nov 2009
Nomination.....
18-Dec-2009
AOR Received.
06-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
19-Jan-2011
Med's Request
06-Aug-2010
Med's Done....
12-Aug-2010
Passport Req..
16-Feb-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Apr-2011
LANDED..........
15-Apr-2011
My file got transfered to LA today. See left hand column for my timeline.

josephdadreamer

Nov 24, 2008
Hi Wendy2,

I would like to ask when did they actually started processing your file? it is the information that reflects on your ecas. "We started processing your ......."

JO

Wendy2 said:
My file got transfered to LA today. See left hand column for my timeline.

Wendy2

Sep 3, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/LA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2009
Doc's Request.
Nov 2009
Nomination.....
18-Dec-2009
AOR Received.
06-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
19-Jan-2011
Med's Request
06-Aug-2010
Med's Done....
12-Aug-2010
Passport Req..
16-Feb-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Apr-2011
LANDED..........
15-Apr-2011
They started processing my file Aug 2. Also, I sent them an address update last week, I don't know if that brought attention to my file.

josephdadreamer said:
Hi Wendy2,

I would like to ask when did they actually started processing your file? it is the information that reflects on your ecas. "We started processing your ......."

JO

josephdadreamer

Nov 24, 2008
Thanks Wendy2!! i guess i will have to wait for few more weeks then if that's the trend.

@ Lettuce i would like to ask the same question to you again.... Thanks...

Wendy2 said:
They started processing my file Aug 2. Also, I sent them an address update last week, I don't know if that brought attention to my file.

cooldeepforyou

Star Member
Feb 25, 2009
Hi NewHome Alberta,
I fly from boston to Las vegas then to LA, i also took my wife and kid, which seems not necessary, as the security person at consulate explained us. But because it was not written anywhere on the letter. so i thought why take risk. so i bought them too with me.
We reached around 9pm in LA, at night downtown is scarry, lot of homeless people, so you can be cautious.

Next day morning we reached there bit early around 7.30 am, There was no big crowed, only may be 5-10 people. and only two were for immigration (one myself) while other were for different category. We submited Photos, Cashiers check for fee and passport. and printout of the letter with hight and eye color dob etc for all family members.
The person at counter verified and told us to come back at 2.30. we went back and collected pp.
They stamp immigrant visa on PP, and also give a COPR (certificate of permanent residency) for each family member, which will be used while landing.

Make sure the photos are 45MM X 35 MM in size, as one lady got some different size, but i think they gave her too.

It was painless experience, very simple, and was happy to see immigrant visa on my passport 8)
Also now i can quite my job and do what i like :p this is the best part

Good luck all

NewHome_Alberta said:
I have not got my PPR yet. But i would like to know more details about the experience that you have. Please share with us.

kevinctech

Star Member
Aug 3, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-03-2009
Nomination.....
26-11-2009
AOR Received.
28-07-2010
Med's Request
28-07-2010
Med's Done....
31-07-2010
cooldeepforyou said:
Hi NewHome Alberta,
I fly from boston to Las vegas then to LA, i also took my wife and kid, which seems not necessary, as the security person at consulate explained us. But because it was not written anywhere on the letter. so i thought why take risk. so i bought them too with me.
We reached around 9pm in LA, at night downtown is scarry, lot of homeless people, so you can be cautious.

Next day morning we reached there bit early around 7.30 am, There was no big crowed, only may be 5-10 people. and only two were for immigration (one myself) while other were for different category. We submited Photos, Cashiers check for fee and passport. and printout of the letter with hight and eye color dob etc for all family members.
The person at counter verified and told us to come back at 2.30. we went back and collected pp.
They stamp immigrant visa on PP, and also give a COPR (certificate of permanent residency) for each family member, which will be used while landing.

Make sure the photos are 45MM X 35 MM in size, as one lady got some different size, but i think they gave her too.

It was painless experience, very simple, and was happy to see immigrant visa on my passport 8)

Good luck all
CONGRATS Cooldeep and Good luck in future!!

uniwander

Star Member
Apr 5, 2010
congratulations! Wish you the best in Alberta!

cooldeepforyou said:
Hi NewHome Alberta,

Good luck all

Jacaranda

Mar 9, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
i know, me too waiting for the best part :)

good luck to you... def we shud all meet up in calgary...one day

cooldeepforyou said:
Hi NewHome Alberta,

Good luck all

C

cchabert

cooldeepforyou said:
Hi NewHome Alberta,

Good luck all
Congrats !! Welcome to Canada!! We'll waiting for your landing posting!

Cheers!

lettuce_tomatoes

Star Member
Jun 23, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Joe,

They started processing my application on Aug 24.

Going by the development on Wendy's application, we woudl have to wait a few more weeks to see some substantial action on our files (me, Joe, EllBee, Lightsinthemist) as our timelines are quite close to each others.

Hope we hear from CIC sooner than we anticipate.

Lettuce

josephdadreamer said:
Thanks Wendy2!! i guess i will have to wait for few more weeks then if that's the trend.

@ Lettuce i would like to ask the same question to you again.... Thanks...