Mar 12 2011 (Windsor, ON)
Just a wild guess reading the post from cchabert
ESL = English as secondary language

Or something like it

Overall good information cchabert

-virgos

surenderJeet said:
Hi cchabert,

Information you gave us is very helpfull to all of us. We all appreciate for this.

My daughter will be 4 year in July 2011. My plan is to move Calgary before March.

Like you said the Pre-school / Playschool is available privately, churches and community centers offer the program, usually 2 or 3 days a week and also for 2 and 1/2 hours a day.

For 3 or 4 year preschool program can my daughter get seat immediately once i moved?. Because in USA my daughter wait for September to start for 3 year pre-school program. Because here all pre-schools gets seats full by September and parents wait for next year program. I hope this is not the case in Calgary for 3 and 4 year pre-school program.

You also mentioned The Catholic Schools have a wonderful Pre-school program that is exclusively for ESL children. What ESL mean?.

Do i need to buy car first and then enrolled my daughter in pre-school program?. Please advise.

Thanks for your help!

virgos

Star Member
Feb 10, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 21 2009
Doc's Request.
Nov 17 2009
Nomination.....
Dec 05 2009
AOR Received.
Jun 24 2010
File Transfer...
Oct 26 2010 - NY
Med's Request
Jun 24 2010
Med's Done....
Jul 03 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Dec 17 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 07 2011
LANDED..........
Mar 12 2011 (Windsor, ON)
Jxyj:
when did ur passport reach NYC?
mine reached on dec 29th, I expect them to mail it out by 15th Jan.
Any ecas update yet for u? Mine still says "in process".

-virgos

jxyj01 said:
Hello King80, It is a good news that there is a moment on your case. Many of us who did medicals in June/July had our files transferred in October. My file was transferred to NY on Oct 19, and many files were transferred on Oct 26. My PPR was mailed on Dec 21, received on Dec 27. If I remember correctly, ChaloCanada's file was transferred on Oct 26, and his PPR was mailed on Dec 15. There were other PPR around Dec 17. Avalap is still waiting for PPR from October transfer cases. I hope this info helps.

cooldeepforyou

Star Member
Feb 25, 2009
Friends,
My wait is over ...i got pp request today in email...wish you all get it soon..
I am planning to go personally to LA to submit the passport...

Manny, i know you went there personaly...can i submit the document for my spouse and kid too ? or do they need to be present there....
Also does anyone knows..LA counsulate 2011 holidays ??

what_a_joke

Sep 24, 2009
Just received an email today that my file has been transferred to Seattle.
Does anyone know how long it takes to get PPR from Seattle ?
Please share any experience with Seattle office here..

thanks,

sti

Aug 16, 2010
cooldeepforyou said:
Friends,

Manny, i know you went there personaly...can i submit the document for my spouse and kid too ? or do they need to be present there....
Congratulations..Cooldeepforyou.

What a great gift for new year's :)
I'm so happy to hear that from you....

King80

Star Member
Oct 22, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2009
Doc's Request.
Nov 2009
Nomination.....
Dec 2009
AOR Received.
20/07/2010
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NY Jan 05, 2011
Med's Request
20/07/2010
Med's Done....
12/08/2010 (reached Ottawa Sep 8th ,2010)
Interview........
waiting
Passport Req..
March 07 2011
VISA ISSUED...
March 11 2011
LANDED..........
waiting
jxyj01 said:
Hello King80, It is a good news that there is a moment on your case. Many of us who did medicals in June/July had our files transferred in October. My file was transferred to NY on Oct 19, and many files were transferred on Oct 26. My PPR was mailed on Dec 21, received on Dec 27. If I remember correctly, ChaloCanada's file was transferred on Oct 26, and his PPR was mailed on Dec 15. There were other PPR around Dec 17. Avalap is still waiting for PPR from October transfer cases. I hope this info helps.
Thanks for the valuable info,jxyj01 .

josephdadreamer

Nov 24, 2008
Congratulations !

cooldeepforyou said:
Friends,

chigirl

Nov 16, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
BUFFALO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-08-2008
Doc's Request.
11-15-2009
Nomination.....
11-23-2009
AOR Received.
07-19-2010
Med's Request
07-19-2010
Med's Done....
07-26-2010
lightsinthemist said:
Sunderjeet Ji

Hang in there , you will probably see it by month end perhaps .

Chigirl

You and Mod777 really deserve to get it as soon as possible, you have endured the storm hopefully it is over soon for you. If it helps like the movie Lage Raho Munnabhai says ..A jaado ki Jhappi for you. :)

Joseph

This is what makes me angry at CIC though they are better than USCIS in many regards...this lack of putting out Year end Bulletins causes huge problems in planning for people with Kids and other requirements.

Man I really hope buffalo wakes up from its long slumber and finishes the Feb/March Cases and quickly moves the rest to other consulates. That advertised reputation of 1 yr timeline has really taken a hit with this year's cases.

Lightsinthemist
Thanks lightsinthemist :))

jxyj01

Star Member
Oct 5, 2010
virgos said:
Jxyj:
when did ur passport reach NYC?
mine reached on dec 29th, I expect them to mail it out by 15th Jan.
Any ecas update yet for u? Mine still says "in process".

-virgos
Hello Virgos, mine also reached on Dec 29th and the Ecas also says "In process". Hope to receive it soon.

jxyj01

Star Member
Oct 5, 2010
cooldeepforyou said:
Friends,

congrats

Mods777

Star Member
Jan 14, 2009
Thanks lightsinthemist - I really need that jhappi dunno if Buffalo office is still alive or they have shut it down :(.

We need some good wishes and a good luck :)

Thanks

lightsinthemist said:
Sunderjeet Ji

Hang in there , you will probably see it by month end perhaps .

Chigirl

You and Mod777 really deserve to get it as soon as possible, you have endured the storm hopefully it is over soon for you. If it helps like the movie Lage Raho Munnabhai says ..A jaado ki Jhappi for you. :)

Joseph

This is what makes me angry at CIC though they are better than USCIS in many regards...this lack of putting out Year end Bulletins causes huge problems in planning for people with Kids and other requirements.

Man I really hope buffalo wakes up from its long slumber and finishes the Feb/March Cases and quickly moves the rest to other consulates. That advertised reputation of 1 yr timeline has really taken a hit with this year's cases.

Lightsinthemist

C

cchabert

surenderJeet said:
Hi cchabert,

Information you gave us is very helpfull to all of us. We all appreciate for this.

My daughter will be 4 year in July 2011. My plan is to move Calgary before March.

Like you said the Pre-school / Playschool is available privately, churches and community centers offer the program, usually 2 or 3 days a week and also for 2 and 1/2 hours a day.

For 3 or 4 year preschool program can my daughter get seat immediately once i moved?. Because in USA my daughter wait for September to start for 3 year pre-school program. Because here all pre-schools gets seats full by September and parents wait for next year program. I hope this is not the case in Calgary for 3 and 4 year pre-school program.

You also mentioned The Catholic Schools have a wonderful Pre-school program that is exclusively for ESL children. What ESL mean?.

Do i need to buy car first and then enrolled my daughter in pre-school program?. Please advise.

Thanks for your help!
What "Virgos" said is correct, ESL stands for English as a Second Language.
If you're interested in the ESL Pre-School from the Catholic School System, and your plan is to be here by March this year, you should be perfectly fine to register her for the next school year that will start in September 2011, because of her date of birth. So just as I mentioned before, she'll have to be the required age by March 1 of the following year... like this:
* Pre-School if the child is 4 yrs old by 03-01 2012 *Kindergarten if child is 5 by 03-01-2012 *Grade 1 if child is 6 by 03-01-2012, and so on.
Both School Systems have an office where newcomers must register the children in order to enroll in any of their schools.
Check their websites:
http://www.cssd.ab.ca/default.asp?V_ITEM_ID=253 and http://www.cbe.ab.ca/Parents/register/default.asp
Eventhough the Preschool program is not mentioned in the Catholic website they do have it for sure. You might want to check with the Public Schools to see if they have such program available, as far as I know they only have Preschool for children with disabilities or special needs.

About preschools in churches and community centers, they usually have on-going registration until their spaces are full, then they start with the waiting lists; some places may have spots available at anytime. It is always on a first come first served basis. I think most are flexible about enrolling a child to start in any month of the school year, but that's pretty much their decision and of course depending on availability. They run with the schools calendar from September to June. All schools (church based, community center based, Catholic, Public, private) start registration in January-February for the school year that starts the next fall. However, the schools will always offer spaces to register children in Elementary, Jr High, and High School, in any month that schools are in session, because they are government regulated and they can't deny education to a child. So for those of you who are arriving in Canada during the school year, do not worry about the kids not having a school to attend, or having to wait to enroll. They should be able to enter school right after you arrive, except if it's in the summer months!!

I just found this other Preschool websites that may be of your interest:
http://www.pre-kindergartened.com/ <--- this one seems to be a privately run program with locations in some of the Public Schools, and http://www.calgaryarea.com/calgary_preschools.asp

About the car... you don't need to buy a car first... but I can certainly say that a car is usually most convenient. You'll have to see what the family dynamics will be like... for example, are you and your wife both planning to work? (keep in mind that preschool is only for 2 and a half hours a day 2, 3, or 5 days a week), Do both of you drive? If you get a job that you need to drive to, and you only have one car then your wife may have to walk or take the bus with your daughter to and from school...even in ugly weather. By the way, public transportation is pretty good and accessible, I would say it's way better than in some major cities in the US.

My advice would be: check what area of the city your are planing to live, check which schools are in the area and if they have the mentioned program available. Check community centers and churches also in the same area to see if they have preschools, check availability or waiting lists, curriculum and fees, and then hopefully find a place to live that is close, walking distance if possible, that makes it really convenient specially when there is only one car for the family, or when there is bad weather conditions (schools close very rarely!). Here it can be -40 C, 20 cm of snow, or snowing heavily.... and the kids will still go to school... people go to work... people go grocery shopping, etc..

Best of luck in your search, I hope this guides you well or at least gives you a starting point!

Peace!

rubyalabar

Sep 8, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo to Los Angeles
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2010
Nomination.....
21-02-2010
AOR Received.
23-06-2010
IELTS Request
waived
File Transfer...
26-10-2010
Med's Request
23-06-2010
Med's Done....
26-07-2010 (Aug.6 rec'vd by Ottawa)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
16-12-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-01-2011
LANDED..........
04-02-2011
hello everyone, an update on my case...

i just tracked the Fedex return envelope that we sent with our passports to LA consulate. LA sent it out yesterday evening and will be delivered to my husband in Canada today at 5pm.

It took them 8 business days to issue the PR visa and COPR.

yojo

Star Member
Dec 2, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2009
Doc's Request.
Nov 2009
Nomination.....
Dec 2009
AOR Received.
17-JUL-2010
File Transfer...
17-NOV-2010 (Seattle)
Med's Request
17-JUL-2010
Med's Done....
05-AUG-2010
Passport Req..
22-FEB-2011
VISA ISSUED...
02-MAR-2011
LANDED..........
waiting
Hello,

My case was transferred to Seattle on 11/17/2010. But still no updates. Just hoping to hear soon.

what_a_joke said:
Just received an email today that my file has been transferred to Seattle.
Does anyone know how long it takes to get PPR from Seattle ?
Please share any experience with Seattle office here..

thanks,