20/07/2010
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NY Jan 05, 2011
Med's Request
20/07/2010
Med's Done....
12/08/2010 (reached Ottawa Sep 8th ,2010)
Interview........
waiting
Passport Req..
March 07 2011
VISA ISSUED...
March 11 2011
LANDED..........
waiting
I think NY does not allow in person, thats what some one on this thread said i think yesterday or day before yesterday

but i am not sure

rubyalabar

Sep 8, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo to Los Angeles
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2010
Nomination.....
21-02-2010
AOR Received.
23-06-2010
IELTS Request
waived
File Transfer...
26-10-2010
Med's Request
23-06-2010
Med's Done....
26-07-2010 (Aug.6 rec'vd by Ottawa)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
16-12-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-01-2011
LANDED..........
04-02-2011
Going to LA personally to have the PR visa stamped is allowed, as Manny had done it already.

Manny said:
Hi all,
Is there anyone who landed in Canada on the West coast - in Vancouver? I see most folks landed thru Michigan or Penn. and am unable to see who did this on the West Coast. Please PM or post link here. Thanks!

On the visa stamping:
I went in person to LA consulate and got the visas. It is a simple and pleasant experience.
Went in the morning at about 9.30 am. Took less than 20 minutes in total time to give the docs. & passports (park in Star parking at 6th and S Hope - you can pay $3/15 minutes)
Went back at 2.30 to pick up and took a total of 30-40 minutes and got the passports back.

surenderJeet

Nov 24, 2010
Guys,

After case transfer email then status also change?.

Thanks,

King80 said:
I think NY does not allow in person, thats what some one on this thread said i think yesterday or day before yesterday

but i am not sure

Avalap

Star Member
Jul 2, 2010
Hi King,

RPRF is Right of Permanent Residence Fees.
I got an email from NY Consulate ( re-CNGNY-IM-H@international.gc.ca) to pay the fees on Nov21, 2010.

Once we have the VISA Stamped, we can plan on moving. Will call you today evening.

FYI - New York Consulate website mentions that passports for PERMANENT RESIDENCE VISA stamping should be submitted by mail only.
Don't know if they entertain passports to be submitted in person like LA consulate does.

King80 said:
3 more months .... wow.......i don't know why they take that long :)
what is RPRF request .
Also can you share the email address from which you got the RPRF request so that i can add it to my contact list to avoid going it to Spam Folder.
good luck to you too....

Avalap

Star Member
Jul 2, 2010
In my case, my status was updated as "Medicals Received". ( 2 weeks after my file was transferred to NYC)

surenderJeet said:
Guys,
After case transfer email then status also change?.
Thanks,

lightsinthemist

Star Member
Feb 25, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-15-2009
Doc's Request.
11-28-2009
Nomination.....
12-07-2009 CIC app 05-15-2010
AOR Received.
08-23-2010
Med's Request
08-23-2010
Med's Done....
09-03-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
04-19-2011
VISA ISSUED...
05-16-2011
Looking at the recent developments of Aug Medicals folks file's moving ..my best guess is Sep Medicals completed folks (Lettuce,Joseph,Ellbee and others ) we might probably see a file transfer by end of January or First week of February.

I hope it is to LA which seems the fastest or atleast to NY/Detroit which are still okay in processing time.

What bugs me though is it is Jan 5th and there do not seem to be any indications of a flood of PPR being granted.I am strongly convinced buffalo is still snowed in under a ton of applications and will continue to transfer applications even in the new year probably untill March.

:(Unfortunately this will mean planning wise folks will have to move on a shorter notice because after the transfer ( 7 weeks to PPR on LA timeline ) (12 Weeks based on Detroit,NY timelines ) .....So if Sep Med guys see the file transfer request in Feb and get back their stamped passports in April/May 2011...they would have only untill Sep 2011 to quickly do the landing.

CIC atleast owes it to the applicants to publish an end of the year visa number guideline bulletin...I get it that they dont do monthly bulletin's ,atleast why not publish a detailed year end bulletin which would help both the current and new applicants.

surenderJeet

Nov 24, 2010
CIC received my medical on August 20. But i do not have any case transfer inforamtin :'(

lightsinthemist said:
Looking at the recent developments of Aug Medicals folks file's moving ..my best guess is Sep Medicals completed folks (Lettuce,Joseph,Ellbee and others ) we might probably see a file transfer by end of January or First week of February.

I hope it is to LA which seems the fastest or atleast to NY/Detroit which are still okay in processing time.

What bugs me though is it is Jan 5th and there do not seem to be any indications of a flood of PPR being granted.I am strongly convinced buffalo is still snowed in under a ton of applications and will continue to transfer applications even in the new year probably untill March.

:(Unfortunately this will mean planning wise folks will have to move on a shorter notice because after the transfer ( 7 weeks to PPR on LA timeline ) (12 Weeks based on Detroit,NY timelines ) .....So if Sep Med guys see the file transfer request in Feb and get back their stamped passports in April/May 2011...they would have only untill Sep 2011 to quickly do the landing.

CIC atleast owes it to the applicants to publish an end of the year visa number guideline bulletin...I get it that they dont do monthly bulletin's ,atleast why not publish a detailed year end bulletin which would help both the current and new applicants.

chigirl

Nov 16, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
BUFFALO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-08-2008
Doc's Request.
11-15-2009
Nomination.....
11-23-2009
AOR Received.
07-19-2010
Med's Request
07-19-2010
Med's Done....
07-26-2010
lightsinthemist said:

Its nice to see some file transfers, but what about the unfortunate few whose file is still stuck in Buffalo. There are people like Mods77 who submitted their application way back in Feb, and still waiting. The flood of pprs doesnt seem to be happening :-[

josephdadreamer

Nov 24, 2008
I am a bit worried about your timeline scenario because September will be the start of classes for the kids for a family man like me i have to re-plan again.

lightsinthemist said:

jxyj01

Star Member
Oct 5, 2010
King80 said:
Guys ............ News!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I had sent buffalo a case specific inquiry about my case sometime around christmas, i got reply :

Dear Sir/madam:

In order to expedite the processing of your applicatio, your file has been sent to :

Canadian Consulate general
Their Address

i was expecting that now buffalo will not do file transfers anymore and send PPR directly. I don't know file transer would delay or really expedite the process.

Anyways this is the latest news from me.

Any one else who got transfer and then PPR from NY, how long it should take from now?
Also how do they send request for PPR, Email Or regular mail?

Any input will be highly appreciated.

Thanks.....
Hello King80, It is a good news that there is a moment on your case. Many of us who did medicals in June/July had our files transferred in October. My file was transferred to NY on Oct 19, and many files were transferred on Oct 26. My PPR was mailed on Dec 21, received on Dec 27. If I remember correctly, ChaloCanada's file was transferred on Oct 26, and his PPR was mailed on Dec 15. There were other PPR around Dec 17. Avalap is still waiting for PPR from October transfer cases. I hope this info helps.

C

cchabert

josephdadreamer said:
I am a bit worried about your timeline scenario because September will be the start of classes for the kids for a family man like me i have to re-plan again.
Kids can come to school at any time, we arrived on January 7th, (2 more days to be one year..wwooohhooo..) and we just walk to the school the next day and do the paper work and that's it! My daughter doesn't miss any classes

Peace!

surenderJeet

Nov 24, 2010
Hi cchabert,

My daughter go to preschool in Virginia.

In Calgary kids one can start preschool immediate or do then need to be in waiting line. Please advise.

Thanks

cchabert said:
Kids can come to school at any time, we arrived on January 7th, (2 more days to be one year..wwooohhooo..) and we just walk to the school the next day and do the paper work and that's it! My daughter doesn't miss any classes

Peace!

C

cchabert

surenderJeet said:
Hi cchabert,

My daughter go to preschool in Virginia.

In Calgary kids one can start preschool immediate or do then need to be in waiting line. Please advise.

Thanks
It depends on your daughter's age and what you would like for her...
In Calgary children have to be 5 yrs old by March 1 to enter Kindergarten... in other words... if she's 5 by 03-01-2011 she would be in Kindergarten already for this school year Sep 2010 - Jun 2011. They are very strict about that date; our daughter will turn 5 on 03-05-2011, so for only 4 days she missed the cut off date and so she has to wait for 2011-2012 school year. We tried in both school systems (it's you choice if you want the Public schools or Catholic schools, both are tax founded) but both told us to wait. Kindergarten is not mandatory, and in most schools it's a program that kids attend Mon-Fri for only two and a half hours a day. Only a few schools offer a full day program that runs maybe from 8:30 am - 3:00 pm or so. And usually for those there may be a waiting list as most working parents will need it, because daycare as in the States is expensive. Pre-school / Playschool is available privately, churches and community centers offer the program, usually 2 or 3 days a week and also for 2 and 1/2 hours a day. Most charge between $150-$250 a month.
The Catholic Schools have a wonderful Pre-school program that is exclusively for ESL children, but it's offered in only a few schools in the city (I believe it's 8 schools). We were able to enroll our daughter in that program for this year and we are VERY happy with it. To be accepted, the children have to meet at least one of this requirements, be born outside Canada and the language spoken at home must be other than English. It's a free program but they require a lot of parent involvement, they don't provide transportation, and it's 5 days a week for 2 and a half hours a day. You don't have to be Catholic, but they do ask to respect their beliefs and traditions, and participate.
As I mentioned in a previous posting, for school age children, it doesn't matter when you arrive, you can enroll the kids right away and they don't really have to miss school. I think the sooner the better, that way the kids go back to a routine and adjust easier than if they have to be bored at home for a while not knowing anyone to play with, for example in summer... if they start making connections and friends sooner, they are happier and may have better chances to not feel too overwhelmed by all the changes in moving to another country. Both school systems will help you with the enrollment process to make it easy and smooth so the children are not affected.

Hope this information helps you and others! Let me know if you need more info.

Peace!

lightsinthemist

Star Member
Feb 25, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-15-2009
Doc's Request.
11-28-2009
Nomination.....
12-07-2009 CIC app 05-15-2010
AOR Received.
08-23-2010
Med's Request
08-23-2010
Med's Done....
09-03-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
04-19-2011
VISA ISSUED...
05-16-2011
Sunderjeet Ji

Hang in there , you will probably see it by month end perhaps .

surenderJeet said:
CIC received my medical on August 20. But i do not have any case transfer inforamtin :'(

Chigirl

You and Mod777 really deserve to get it as soon as possible, you have endured the storm hopefully it is over soon for you. If it helps like the movie Lage Raho Munnabhai says ..A jaado ki Jhappi for you. :)

chigirl said:
Its nice to see some file transfers, but what about the unfortunate few whose file is still stuck in Buffalo. There are people like Mods77 who submitted their application way back in Feb, and still waiting. The flood of pprs doesnt seem to be happening :-[

Joseph

This is what makes me angry at CIC though they are better than USCIS in many regards...this lack of putting out Year end Bulletins causes huge problems in planning for people with Kids and other requirements.

josephdadreamer said:

Man I really hope buffalo wakes up from its long slumber and finishes the Feb/March Cases and quickly moves the rest to other consulates. That advertised reputation of 1 yr timeline has really taken a hit with this year's cases.

Lightsinthemist

surenderJeet

Nov 24, 2010
Hi cchabert,

Information you gave us is very helpfull to all of us. We all appreciate for this.

My daughter will be 4 year in July 2011. My plan is to move Calgary before March.

Like you said the Pre-school / Playschool is available privately, churches and community centers offer the program, usually 2 or 3 days a week and also for 2 and 1/2 hours a day.

For 3 or 4 year preschool program can my daughter get seat immediately once i moved?. Because in USA my daughter wait for September to start for 3 year pre-school program. Because here all pre-schools gets seats full by September and parents wait for next year program. I hope this is not the case in Calgary for 3 and 4 year pre-school program.

You also mentioned The Catholic Schools have a wonderful Pre-school program that is exclusively for ESL children. What ESL mean?.

Do i need to buy car first and then enrolled my daughter in pre-school program?. Please advise.

Thanks for your help!

cchabert said:
It depends on your daughter's age and what you would like for her...
In Calgary children have to be 5 yrs old by March 1 to enter Kindergarten... in other words... if she's 5 by 03-01-2011 she would be in Kindergarten already for this school year Sep 2010 - Jun 2011. They are very strict about that date; our daughter will turn 5 on 03-05-2011, so for only 4 days she missed the cut off date and so she has to wait for 2011-2012 school year. We tried in both school systems (it's you choice if you want the Public schools or Catholic schools, both are tax founded) but both told us to wait. Kindergarten is not mandatory, and in most schools it's a program that kids attend Mon-Fri for only two and a half hours a day. Only a few schools offer a full day program that runs maybe from 8:30 am - 3:00 pm or so. And usually for those there may be a waiting list as most working parents will need it, because daycare as in the States is expensive. Pre-school / Playschool is available privately, churches and community centers offer the program, usually 2 or 3 days a week and also for 2 and 1/2 hours a day. Most charge between $150-$250 a month.
The Catholic Schools have a wonderful Pre-school program that is exclusively for ESL children, but it's offered in only a few schools in the city (I believe it's 8 schools). We were able to enroll our daughter in that program for this year and we are VERY happy with it. To be accepted, the children have to meet at least one of this requirements, be born outside Canada and the language spoken at home must be other than English. It's a free program but they require a lot of parent involvement, they don't provide transportation, and it's 5 days a week for 2 and a half hours a day. You don't have to be Catholic, but they do ask to respect their beliefs and traditions, and participate.
As I mentioned in a previous posting, for school age children, it doesn't matter when you arrive, you can enroll the kids right away and they don't really have to miss school. I think the sooner the better, that way the kids go back to a routine and adjust easier than if they have to be bored at home for a while not knowing anyone to play with, for example in summer... if they start making connections and friends sooner, they are happier and may have better chances to not feel too overwhelmed by all the changes in moving to another country. Both school systems will help you with the enrollment process to make it easy and smooth so the children are not affected.

Hope this information helps you and others! Let me know if you need more info.

Peace!