Med's Request
03-12-2010
Med's Done....
03-01-2011
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
23-06-2011
Today I checked my status on line and it says "In process".
Does anybody has idea how long will it take for medicals request to reach me.

Applied CIC in JUN 2010, Check Encashed SEP 2010.

rajeshindy

Apr 16, 2009
Hi guys

I am expecting to get my Medical/AOR request in a month or so. My question is to those who are immigrating through help of immigration consultants.... Does the Medical/AOR request is sent to the immigration consultant's office or the main applicant's address ? as i am in the process of relocating to the other state in few weeks.

Appreciate the answer in advance

chigirl

Nov 16, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
BUFFALO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-08-2008
Doc's Request.
11-15-2009
Nomination.....
11-23-2009
AOR Received.
07-19-2010
Med's Request
07-19-2010
Med's Done....
07-26-2010
rajeshindy said:
Hi guys

I am expecting to get my Medical/AOR request in a month or so. My question is to those who are immigrating through help of immigration consultants.... Does the Medical/AOR request is sent to the immigration consultant's office or the main applicant's address ? as i am in the process of relocating to the other state in few weeks.

If your consultant is your authorized representative on record, then the medicals and AOR will be sent to your consultant.
Also, make sure to inform CIC of your change in address.

lettuce_tomatoes

Star Member
Jun 23, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The medical request along with the AOR will be mailed to your representative address. Your representative should follow up with you before despatching to the address they have on file.

Please contact your representative immigration firm and provide them with instructions to send any communication to your new address.

Hope this helps

rajeshindy said:
Hi guys

FreshStart

Sep 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
File Transfer...
Oct 20-1010
Med's Request
July 19-2010
Med's Done....
July 23-2010
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
Jan 7-2011
Hi Folks,

I had a question regarding the validity of the candian visa. I was told that once you get your PPR, the visa issued is valid for one year(is it always just one year?) and I was told that the validity of the visa is not from the date issued but rather from the day you finished your medical. i.e If i received my PPR, the visa would be valid from July 2010 till July 2011. If this is so, wouldn't you think they would give us at least a 6 month window so that we have sufficient time to land, etc?

Cheers!

chigirl said:
If your consultant is your authorized representative on record, then the medicals and AOR will be sent to your consultant.
Also, make sure to inform CIC of your change in address.

lightsinthemist

Star Member
Feb 25, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-15-2009
Doc's Request.
11-28-2009
Nomination.....
12-07-2009 CIC app 05-15-2010
AOR Received.
08-23-2010
Med's Request
08-23-2010
Med's Done....
09-03-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
04-19-2011
VISA ISSUED...
05-16-2011
Freshstart

The information you have researched is correct. The one year is from the day you finished your medical .Unfortunately if you google the forum you will see the cases of people who got stuck in a long background check and received their PPR after 9/12 months and finally got their stamped passports with less than six month window stamp . I beleive have not seen anything less than 3 months though....yes it places an additional burden on us.

:-X I am afraid this is what will happen to all the May applicants to CIC who might get their PPR in Jan/Feb 2011 at best looking at the rate at which they are finalizing the March applicants right now. So the May applicants would have gotten their Medicals in August . They might receive their stamped passports in Feb/March 2011....that would give them 5/6 months to complete landing formalities.

Lightsinthemist

FreshStart said:
Hi Folks,

I had a question regarding the validity of the candian visa. I was told that once you get your PPR, the visa issued is valid for one year(is it always just one year?) and I was told that the validity of the visa is not from the date issued but rather from the day you finished your medical. i.e If i received my PPR, the visa would be valid from July 2010 till July 2011. If this is so, wouldn't you think they would give us at least a 6 month window so that we have sufficient time to land, etc?

Cheers!

AlbertaGovernor

May 29, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lightsinthemist said:
Freshstart

The information you have researched is correct. The one year is from the day you finished your medical .Unfortunately if you google the forum you will see the cases of people who got stuck in a long background check and received their PPR after 9/12 months and finally got their stamped passports with less than six month window stamp . I beleive have not seen anything less than 3 months though....yes it places an additional burden on us.

:-X I am afraid this is what will happen to all the May applicants to CIC who might get their PPR in Jan/Feb 2011 at best looking at the rate at which they are finalizing the March applicants right now. So the May applicants would have gotten their Medicals in August . They might receive their stamped passports in Feb/March 2011....that would give them 5/6 months to complete landing formalities.

Lightsinthemist

i agree with you. May applicants might have to complete landing formalities in less than 6 months time from the PPR.

AlbertaGovernor

May 29, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
surenderJeet said:
Guys,

I hope soon PPR request will come in batch. Just keep posted your updates.
sunderjeet i wish there is atleast one PPR or transfer today as you keep asking news everyday.

bubbly2009

Star Member
Jan 27, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo to Detroit
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/03/2010
AOR Received.
26/06/2010
File Transfer...
26/10/2010
Med's Request
26/06/2010
Med's Done....
12/07/2010
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
1/7/2011
VISA ISSUED...
1/10/2011
LANDED..........
1/14/2011
Hi,

Has anybody transported car from USA to canada thru some moving companies rather than driving? If so please provide the information.

Thanks in advance

Sri19

Star Member
Mar 2, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
NYC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Last week of Sep 2010
Nomination.....
May 2010
AOR Received.
April 2011
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
31-08-2011
Med's Request
April 2011
Med's Done....
May 2011
Interview........
Waiting
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
Hi all,

I am waiting for the file number. Cashier's check got cashed by CIC on Nov 29, 2010. can someone tell me how long does it take to receive the file number once the check is cashed by CIC?

Initial email sent to AINP: 10/24/2008
AINP Replied with documents request: 10/24/2008
Replied to AINP: 10/31/2008
Acknowledgment email from AINP: 11/03/08
pre-assessment done & Received Invitation to Apply in mail: Dec 2008
Application sent to AINP: March 9, 2009
File Number received from AINP: Sep 22, 2009
email Request received from AINP for current info(Paystubs etc): Mar 19, 2010
Replied to AINP: Mar 20, 2010
Nomination received: 2nd week of May, 2010
Application sent to CIC: Sep 24, 2010

Thanks!

Mods777

Star Member
Jan 14, 2009
I doubt its going in this sequence. I have applied in February and got my AOR in June. I was a month delayed for medical and did it in July. I am still waiting for my PPR to come in, even though I have been asked to submit RPRF and no additional documents required. I am wondering how many people on this forum share the same timeline as me. But I think they are going by medical exam dates rather than application date. I think people who did their medical in July should be receiving their PPR by this month or possibly next month which would leave us with only 4 months to land.

Thoughts ?

lightsinthemist said:
Freshstart

Lightsinthemist

Mods777

Star Member
Jan 14, 2009
Forgot to ask earlier is anybody who did their medical in July waiting for PPR ?

Mods777 said:
I doubt its going in this sequence. I have applied in February and got my AOR in June. I was a month delayed for medical and did it in July. I am still waiting for my PPR to come in, even though I have been asked to submit RPRF and no additional documents required. I am wondering how many people on this forum share the same timeline as me. But I think they are going by medical exam dates rather than application date. I think people who did their medical in July should be receiving their PPR by this month of next month which would leave us with only 4 months to land.

Thoughts ?