+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ONLY - Who submitted CIC-AINP(SRS-U.S. Visa Holder Category) application

kins4u2

Star Member
Mar 20, 2009
Hello Everyone,

Let me give you little bit background. My application file has been transferred to LA on 26th Oct 10. Today I've received e-mail from LA Consulate to submit following documents.

"Submit employment verification letters since 2004 and must include job title and dates of employment and a detailed description of duties; T4 and Notice of Assessment (NOA) from 2004-2009; pay stubs for the last three months; and official evidence from Revenue Canada that all income taxes have been paid to the Government of Canada since 2004."

I was in Canada on student visa in year 2003 and from year 2004 to Aug year 2006 I was in work permit. Since Aug 2006, I've been on H1B. I've no clue what is notice of Assessment & official evidence from Revenue Canada that all income taxes have been paid to Government of Canada since 2004. FYI: I've T4 (Like W2 in USA).

Please reply me how should I proceed ? What should I submit to LA office? Even though it's H1B nomination program, why I've been asked those documents?

Thanks

C

cchabert

kins4u2 said:
Hello Everyone,

Let me give you little bit background. My application file has been transferred to LA on 26th Oct 10. Today I've received e-mail from LA Consulate to submit following documents.

"Submit employment verification letters since 2004 and must include job title and dates of employment and a detailed description of duties; T4 and Notice of Assessment (NOA) from 2004-2009; pay stubs for the last three months; and official evidence from Revenue Canada that all income taxes have been paid to the Government of Canada since 2004."

I was in Canada on student visa in year 2003 and from year 2004 to Aug year 2006 I was in work permit. Since Aug 2006, I've been on H1B. I've no clue what is notice of Assessment & official evidence from Revenue Canada that all income taxes have been paid to Government of Canada since 2004. FYI: I've T4 (Like W2 in USA).

Please reply me how should I proceed ? What should I submit to LA office? Even though it's H1B nomination program, why I've been asked those documents?

Thanks
What Does Notice Of Assessment - NOA Mean?
An annual statement sent by revenue authorities to taxpayers detailing the amount of income tax they owe. It includes the amount of their tax refund, tax credit and income tax already paid.

It's very simple they want to know if you paid your taxes when you we're in Canada and I hope you did.

Peace

kins4u2

Star Member
Mar 20, 2009
Hi cchabert,

Thanks for your response. I paid taxes to Government of Canada when I was there. But I don't have anything like Notice of Assessment. I've T4.

Should I include all W2 since Year 2006 and letter of employment from my current company?

Thanks,

cchabert said:
What Does Notice Of Assessment - NOA Mean?
An annual statement sent by revenue authorities to taxpayers detailing the amount of income tax they owe. It includes the amount of their tax refund, tax credit and income tax already paid.

It's very simple they want to know if you paid your taxes when you we're in Canada and I hope you did.

Peace

kins4u2

Star Member
Mar 20, 2009
Do you think guys should I request CAIPS? If yes, what is best resource?

kins4u2 said:
Hi cchabert,

Thanks for your response. I paid taxes to Government of Canada when I was there. But I don't have anything like Notice of Assessment. I've T4.

Should I include all W2 since Year 2006 and letter of employment from my current company?

Thanks,

C

cchabert

kins4u2 said:
Hi cchabert,

Thanks,
Include your T4 and your tax return and everything!!

sti

Aug 16, 2010
Hi everyone, here's ma update.

I'm done my medical exam on Aug 30,2010.

And Today, I got an email from my lawyer. She said she got an email from Buffalo and they are saying my application file has been transferred to Michigan on Dec 7th,2010.

It looks like they are still working... I hope everybody gets good news for this coming Christmas.

BTW, how long does it take to get PPR after file transfer??

P.S; I checked my ecas but there's no change,.. still IN PROCESS. they started on AUG 5..

jxyj01

Star Member
Oct 5, 2010
kins4u2 said:
Hello Everyone,

Thanks
Hello Kins4u2, Are you a provincial nominee or FSW? It does not make sense for provincial nominees to submit detailed employment verifications and pay stubs. Did you fill employment section of CIC application? They may want to make sure you paid your taxes.

lettuce_tomatoes

Star Member
Jun 23, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Sti,

Congratulations. I remember, our friend VSRao's file was also xferred to Detroit, MI consulate and he had recieved PPR in less than one month. Can you please post your time line?

lightsinthemist, Joedadreamer and folks who did their medicals around the same time (between Aug30 and Sept07): We may Insha Allah see some activity soon.

Lettuce.

sti said:

And Today, I got an email from my lawyer. She said she got an email from Buffalo and they are saying my application file has been transferred to Michigan on Dec 7th,2010.

It looks like they are still working... I hope everybody gets good news for this coming Christmas.

P.S; I checked my ecas but there's no change,.. still IN PROCESS. they started on AUG 5..

sti

Aug 16, 2010
lettuce_tomatoes said:
Hello Sti,

Congratulations. I remember, our friend VSRao's file was also xferred to Detroit, MI consulate and he had recieved PPR in less than one month. Can you please post your time line?

lightsinthemist, Joedadreamer and folks who did their medicals around the same time (between Aug30 and Sept07): We may Insha Allah see some activity soon.

Lettuce.
Hi, lettuce_tomatoes.
Here's my time line..

Application sent date: 04/14/2010
Check Encashed Date: 06/04/2010
AOR Date: 08/17/2010

And I did ma medical done on 08/30/2010.
File transffered on 12/07/2010

thanks..
Have a wonderful day. :)

lettuce_tomatoes

Star Member
Jun 23, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
While i am not sure if you are a AINP applicant, it is quite unusual for PNP applicants to recieve such requests from CIC. Your previous work visa status and stay in Canada may have triggered request.

If you have recieved the request for document, you will have to address it. Please gather ALL the required documents, this will require digging the archives i am sure and send a detailed explainiation letter for documents that are unavilable. Good luck and please let us know what you learn.

AG: I am sure you may have some valuable suggestions for kins4u2's situation.

kins4u2 said:
Hello Everyone,

Thanks

lettuce_tomatoes

Star Member
Jun 23, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you sti. Wish you a smooth ride for the remainder of the process. Hope you get your PPR soon. The speed with which VSRao got his PPR from the Detroit, MI consulate should be very encouraging for you (Provided Detroit consulate maintains consistency)

Lettuce

sti said:
Hi, lettuce_tomatoes.
Here's my time line..

Application sent date: 04/14/2010
Check Encashed Date: 06/04/2010
AOR Date: 08/17/2010

And I did ma medical done on 08/30/2010.
File transffered on 12/07/2010

thanks..
Have a wonderful day. :)

the

Star Member
Jun 25, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/LA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AINP_00-03-2009, CIC_08-04-2010
Doc's Request.
na
Nomination.....
29-11-2009
AOR Received.
24-07-2010
IELTS Request
na
File Transfer...
05-01-2011 to LA
Med's Request
24-07-2010
Med's Done....
06-08-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
03-02-2011
VISA ISSUED...
18 March, 2011
LANDED..........
18 July, 2011
Congratulations, sti. My timeline is very similar to you, but as of today I have yet received any communications from CIC since medical has been done in August. Are there any people in the same boat as me?

"the"
sti said:

chigirl

Nov 16, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
BUFFALO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-08-2008
Doc's Request.
11-15-2009
Nomination.....
11-23-2009
AOR Received.
07-19-2010
Med's Request
07-19-2010
Med's Done....
07-26-2010
kins4u2 said:
Do you think guys should I request CAIPS? If yes, what is best resource?
It takes about 2 months for you to get your CAIPS notes. It is best for you to send all your documents right away.
caipsnotes.com is one source if you decided to order

AlbertaGovernor

May 29, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lettuce_tomatoes said:
While i am not sure if you are a AINP applicant, it is quite unusual for PNP applicants to recieve such requests from CIC. Your previous work visa status and stay in Canada may have triggered request.

If you have recieved the request for document, you will have to address it. Please gather ALL the required documents, this will require digging the archives i am sure and send a detailed explainiation letter for documents that are unavilable. Good luck and please let us know what you learn.

AG: I am sure you may have some valuable suggestions for kins4u2's situation.
they probably want to verify any Canadian experience that he has mentioned so they asked to provide the T4 and NOA. T4 copy should be fine but the NOA (with 0 balance) is more important than T4. that shows you have also paid the full tax on time. also the employment verification records may be asked to verify the duties.

AlbertaGovernor

May 29, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
surenderJeet said:
Hey AG,

How is weather in red deer?.
dear sunderjeet, the weather is cold in red deer at this time of the year. you can go to www.weather.com and search the weather for any city.