+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ONLY - Who submitted CIC-AINP(SRS-U.S. Visa Holder Category) application

AlbertaGovernor

May 29, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lightsinthemist said:
Mods777

I had the same doubts sometime ago.Chigirl had a pretty convincing viewpoint that they are actually doing it by the time of application.(you can find the post a couple of pages back ) .

Now with your timeline am totally confused.With your App in Feb you should have gotten the Passport request probably by now due to app being in Feb....With your case seems like the date of medicals is also figuring into the calculation.Also since they told you no additional documents required it would mean your background check is done...

Rest of the forum members might have some ideas on this.

Lightsinthemist
folks might see some file trasnsfer cases, RPRF request or additional document request at the end of the year. passport request will be very rare. CIC does not want to hold your passports for long time due the holiday season. they longer they hold the passport it is additional burden and responsibility as passport is a important identity document. holiday season means they are under-staffed with people taking vacations. postal and courier services are over loaded during the holiday season and that too can contribute to delays or risk of passport getting lost. some applicants may plan vacation travel and they will need their passports so CIC respects their sentiments. like few affluent people on the forum share their thoughts, you will see lots of passports request in early January.

kins4u2

Star Member
Mar 20, 2009
Thanks AG & lettuce_tomatoes.

Yes, I'm an AINP applicant under H1B program. I do have everything except one T4 but question is that whatever T4 I've, those have very low YTD (Gross Income) as I was just graduated from there and got junior level of position btw those years. Will it be create any problem?

Pls put your inputs so I'll follow up according to that. Should I consult lawyer in this matter? If yes, pls recommend.

Thanks !

AlbertaGovernor said:
they probably want to verify any Canadian experience that he has mentioned so they asked to provide the T4 and NOA. T4 copy should be fine but the NOA (with 0 balance) is more important than T4. that shows you have also paid the full tax on time. also the employment verification records may be asked to verify the duties.

AlbertaGovernor

May 29, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kins4u2 said:
Thanks AG & lettuce_tomatoes.

Yes, I'm an AINP applicant under H1B program. I do have everything except one T4 but question is that whatever T4 I've, those have very low YTD (Gross Income) as I was just graduated from there and got junior level of position btw those years. Will it be create any problem?

Pls put your inputs so I'll follow up according to that. Should I consult lawyer in this matter? If yes, pls recommend.

Thanks !

one T4 should not matter. about the gross income, were you working in the stream same as your noc? if it was a job to support your education it should not matter. you are applying for SRS - H1B so ideally it should not matter. considering the inquiry you have got, depending on the urgency you have to relocate to Canada i would contact a immigration lawyer. not many folks on the forum are familiar with a case like yours to give you any proven advice.

kins4u2

Star Member
Mar 20, 2009
Yeah, I was working in same stream as my NOC. I just sent email to LA office to make sure what exactly they ask from US & Canada side?

Let's see how they response me back and based on that I would follow with approach.

1) Send whatever required documents to LA office
2) Consult an immigration lawyer if possible.
3) Try to get Caips note based on LA office response

Thanks,
Krunal

AlbertaGovernor said:
one T4 should not matter. about the gross income, were you working in the stream same as your noc? if it was a job to support your education it should not matter. you are applying for SRS - H1B so ideally it should not matter. considering the inquiry you have got, depending on the urgency you have to relocate to Canada i would contact a immigration lawyer. not many folks on the forum are familiar with a case like yours to give you any proven advice.

lettuce_tomatoes

Star Member
Jun 23, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Good luck kins4u2. The group is here to help you just in case you need any assistance.

kins4u2 said:
Yeah, I was working in same stream as my NOC. I just sent email to LA office to make sure what exactly they ask from US & Canada side?

Let's see how they response me back and based on that I would follow with approach.

1) Send whatever required documents to LA office
2) Consult an immigration lawyer if possible.
3) Try to get Caips note based on LA office response

Thanks,
Krunal

lightsinthemist

Star Member
Feb 25, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-15-2009
Doc's Request.
11-28-2009
Nomination.....
12-07-2009 CIC app 05-15-2010
AOR Received.
08-23-2010
Med's Request
08-23-2010
Med's Done....
09-03-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
04-19-2011
VISA ISSUED...
05-16-2011
Sti

Congrats dude ,your post gives hope to the August/Sep guys. Atleast getting the transfer means somebody is working in december in CIC. Hopefully you get the PPR soon just like Vsrao's ppr request was quite fast from Detroit office.

As many before have pointed out CIC's methodology of transfering , retaining and communicating is all over the place...Some of the Feb applicants are waiting...Some of the March...guess it is a whole matrix of app dates/medicals reached dates/additional documents required considerations/background check implications.

Lettuce_Tomatoes

Thanks for the shoutout bro . I too hope both of us get the file transfer email to either detroit/LA soon in a couple of weeks...would be the best holiday present so far in this long wait.

:D if we dont get it by Feb will use your html link methodology to post the pic of a man stranded on a island...just kidding.

Lightsinthemist

sti said:
Hi everyone, here's ma update.

I'm done my medical exam on Aug 30,2010.

And Today, I got an email from my lawyer. She said she got an email from Buffalo and they are saying my application file has been transferred to Michigan on Dec 7th,2010.

It looks like they are still working... I hope everybody gets good news for this coming Christmas.

BTW, how long does it take to get PPR after file transfer??

P.S; I checked my ecas but there's no change,.. still IN PROCESS. they started on AUG 5..

vollog

Star Member
Oct 28, 2009
Is any guy have got the second letter saying that interview is wavied?
I knew that we should have the second letter after med request and everything,right? how long should it take

kv_ajay

Star Member
Feb 7, 2009
I got two question for the folks who moved earlier on work permit..I am planning to move there on work permit..

1) Do i need to pay duties (Import duties) on my car when I transferring on work permit ? (car is Japanese made and not US manufactured)
2) Do i need to pay for mattress fumigation charges ? (I am moving from NYC)..is mattress fumigation mandatory ?

Please let me know asap..

Thanks guys,

AlbertaGovernor

May 29, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kv_ajay said:
I got two question for the folks who moved earlier on work permit..I am planning to move there on work permit..

1) Do i need to pay duties (Import duties) on my car when I transferring on work permit ? (car is Japanese made and not US manufactured)
2) Do i need to pay for mattress fumigation charges ? (I am moving from NYC)..is mattress fumigation mandatory ?

Please let me know asap..

Thanks guys,
When you are shopping in the United States, it is important to remember that certain goods are prohibited or restricted. This means that you are not allowed to bring these goods back in to Canada, or may only bring them in under compliance with strict rules and regulations.

Before planning your cross border shopping trip, we suggest you review this list to ensure you do not encounter any issues when leaving or returning to Canada.

1. Goods subject to import control

The Canadian government places import controls on items such as clothing, handbags and textiles. These controls are outlined in the Export and Import Permits Act. Depending on the value, quantity or type of goods you intend to import, you may need an import permit even if you qualify for a personal exemption.

For more information, call Border Information Services (BIS) at:

Toll-free in Canada: 1-800-461-9999
Outside Canada: 204-983-3500 or 506-636-5064 (long-distance charges apply)

Or contact Foreign Affairs and International Trade Canada:

Export and Import Controls Bureau
Foreign Affairs and International Trade Canada
Tower C, 4th Floor
125 Sussex Drive
Ottawa ON K1A 0G2

2. Used or Second Hand Mattress.

Used or second-hand mattressesYou are not allowed import used or second-hand mattresses into Canada unless you have a certificate verifying the mattresses have been cleaned and fumigated in the country of export. A letter or other document that demonstrates this requirement has been met is acceptable if it is signed by a person qualified in cleaning and fumigating.

Fire Arms:

The following requirements apply to the importation of firearms and weapons:

•you must be at least 18 years of age;
•you can import non-restricted and restricted firearms provided all documentation and other requirements are met; and
•generally, you may not import prohibited firearms or any type of prohibited weapons or devices, including silencers, replica firearms, switchblades, pepper spray and other weapons.
You are required to declare all weapons and firearms at the CBSA port of entry when you return to Canada. If not, you could face prosecution and the goods may be seized.

Before you attempt to import a firearm or weapon or to obtain an application for an Authorization to Transport Restricted Firearms and Prohibited Firearms (Form CAFC 679), we suggest you call BIS at one of the telephone numbers listed later in this section or contact the Canada Firearms Centre for more information:

Canada Firearms Centre
Telephone: 1-800-731-4000 (toll-free in Canada and the United States)
Web site: http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/cfp-pcaf/

Explosive Fireworks and Ammunation:

Written authorization and permits are required to bring explosives, fireworks and certain types of ammunition into Canada. For more information, contact Natural Resources Canada:

Explosives Regulatory Division
Natural Resources Canada
1431 Merivale Road
Ottawa ON K1A 0G1

Telephone: 613-948-5200
Web site: http://www.nrcan-rncan.gc.ca/com/index-eng.php

Currency and Monetary Instruments:

If you are importing or exporting monetary instruments equal to or greater than CAN$10,000 (or the equivalent in a foreign currency) to or from Canada, whether in cash or other instruments, you must report this to the CBSA when you arrive or before you leave. For more information, we suggest you read the publication called Crossing the Border with $10,000 or More?, available from the Canada Border Services Agency under “Publications and forms.”

Prohibited Goods:
You are not allowed to import prohibited goods such as obscene materials, hate propaganda and child *censored word*ography into Canada.

MhK

May 31, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
IT code (2171)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
Jan 2010
AOR Received.
Aug 2010
Med's Request
Aug 2010
Med's Done....
Sep 2010
Passport Req..
June 2011
hi, today i received a letter from Canada buffalo NY office saying "we have now completed initial assessment of your application and expect to finalize your application with out a personal interview....."

it also asks me to submit RPRF fee.

any idea when they will issue the PR card ? can i ask them to send me the PR in US at US address?

AlbertaGovernor

May 29, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MhK said:
hi, today i received a letter from Canada buffalo NY office saying "we have now completed initial assessment of your application and expect to finalize your application with out a personal interview....."

it also asks me to submit RPRF fee.

any idea when they will issue the PR card ? can i ask them to send me the PR in US at US address?
after you pay the RPRF you will get passport request. passport request is for stamping immigrant visa. visa validity will be one year from your medicals. you have to complete landing formalities before the visa expires. after you land in Canada you can apply for PR cards by providing a Canada address only.

DILSE

Apr 21, 2009
All,

I received first email from Buffallo that my file was transferred to Detroit on NOV 09,then I inquired to Detroit office for status of application now I received email from Detroit office asking for following documents.

1) All past employment verification letters including stat date and end date with responsibilities on employer letter head
2) W2 and TAX documents for 2007,2008,2009

l sent all copies by mail yesterday 12/11/10.

any one been same situation share your experience.

Happy Holidays.

Nomination : 12/10/2009
CIC Applied : 03/15/2010
Medial done : 07/25/2010
File Transfered to detroit : 10/09/2010
Additional documents request : 12/10/2010

AlbertaGovernor

May 29, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
DILSE said:
All,

I received first email from Buffallo that my file was transferred to Detroit on NOV 09,then I inquired to Detroit office for status of application now I received email from Detroit office asking for following documents.

1) All past employment verification letters including stat date and end date with responsibilities on employer letter head
2) W2 and TAX documents for 2007,2008,2009

l sent all copies by mail yesterday 12/11/10.

any one been same situation share your experience.

Happy Holidays.

Nomination : 12/10/2009
CIC Applied : 03/15/2010
Medial done : 07/25/2010
File Transfered to detroit : 10/09/2010
Additional documents request : 12/10/2010

nothing to worry for people who are having genuine pay stubs and valid contracts in the last three year. i have been telling this since a while that the fake employment letter and fictitious payrolls that were being run were screwing up. now cic knows of these tricks and is validating. very soon we will see rejects from cic. i doubt they will report on the forum cos of shame. all those who are having proper paperworks dont have to worry about anything. i am glad cic has realzied the need to validate these. it is good for the ones who are sincere and talented.

DILSE

Apr 21, 2009
AlbertaGovernor said:
nothing to worry for people who are having genuine pay stubs and valid contracts in the last three year. i have been telling this since a while that the fake employment letter and fictitious payrolls that were being run were screwing up. now cic knows of these tricks and is validating. very soon we will see rejects from cic. i doubt they will report on the forum cos of shame. all those who are having proper paperworks dont have to worry about anything. i am glad cic has realzied the need to validate these. it is good for the ones who are sincere and talented.
Thanks Dude!
just curious that same paper work ( pay stub , w2 etc..) was submitted to Alberta !!! any wyas, as I understood fake pays and all.. beside all that Happy to see movement on file. Thanks for yr comment.