Passport Req..
03-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
03-17-2011
LANDED..........
04-06-2011
chigirl said:
lightsinthemist;

I think they are processing applications based on the dates the application was sent to the CIC office and not the date the medicals were done.
Hi,

May be you are right. The medicals when received are filed with the original CIC application and processed in the sequence they were originally received. I am not for sure about this, it is just my opinion.

Thanks,
L.B

rubyalabar

Sep 8, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo to Los Angeles
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2010
Nomination.....
21-02-2010
AOR Received.
23-06-2010
IELTS Request
waived
File Transfer...
26-10-2010
Med's Request
23-06-2010
Med's Done....
26-07-2010 (Aug.6 rec'vd by Ottawa)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
16-12-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-01-2011
LANDED..........
04-02-2011
vsrao said:
Yes they did requested for two photos of dimensions 35x45mm and you will get instructions on how to mail the passports.

All the best...
thanks!

i noticed it took around 3 weeks before you got your passport back, did you inlcude a prepaid expresspost envelope when you sent in your passport?

vsrao

Mar 10, 2009
Visa Office......
Buffalo
chigirl said:
vsrao;

How many days did they give you to have your passport stamped?

Thanks.
Iam not sure but i think they did not mention anything about timelime but you have to get it stamped anywhere before 1year from the medicals.

vsrao

Mar 10, 2009
Visa Office......
Buffalo
rubyalabar said:
thanks!

i noticed it took around 3 weeks before you got your passport back, did you inlcude a prepaid expresspost envelope when you sent in your passport?
Yes i did send a prepaid envelope.

earth

Nov 20, 2009
When they send PPR do they mention how we need to send the photographs? For CIC application there were specific instructions for photographs but i dnt see anywhere instructions to send photographs with Passport.....those who have sent passports can you help here. Thanks!

King80

Star Member
Oct 22, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2009
Doc's Request.
Nov 2009
Nomination.....
Dec 2009
AOR Received.
20/07/2010
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NY Jan 05, 2011
Med's Request
20/07/2010
Med's Done....
12/08/2010 (reached Ottawa Sep 8th ,2010)
Interview........
waiting
Passport Req..
March 07 2011
VISA ISSUED...
March 11 2011
LANDED..........
waiting
When they ask for the passports, do they have a timeline within which you have to send the passports?

Also i sent an email asking if my medicals reached? they responded :

Your Application is in process. We are Unable to provide a date when the processing of your application will be complete.

They did not tell if medicals were revcieved or not

btw, CIC Application Submitted : July 13th 2010
Medicals reached : Sep 8th 2010

Guys please if possible, provide some info.

lightsinthemist

Star Member
Feb 25, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-15-2009
Doc's Request.
11-28-2009
Nomination.....
12-07-2009 CIC app 05-15-2010
AOR Received.
08-23-2010
Med's Request
08-23-2010
Med's Done....
09-03-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
04-19-2011
VISA ISSUED...
05-16-2011
Chigirl

I am not entirely sure about that . For example boston who posted above had sent his app in May to CIC and is getting his file transfer now....Procan and engg are March applicants to CIC and are getting it now.

My app reached CIC in may but medicals reached in sept , so by the same logic should have gotten my transfer request by now....

Either the X factor in all of this is the background check or CIC has its own blackbox timeline methodology.

Lightsinthemist

quote author=chigirl link=topic=15729.msg493248#msg493248 date=1289491144]
lightsinthemist;

I think they are processing applications based on the dates the application was sent to the CIC office and not the date the medicals were done.
[/quote]

chigirl

Nov 16, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
BUFFALO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-08-2008
Doc's Request.
11-15-2009
Nomination.....
11-23-2009
AOR Received.
07-19-2010
Med's Request
07-19-2010
Med's Done....
07-26-2010
lightsinthemist said:
Chigirl

I am not entirely sure about that . For example boston who posted above had sent his app in May to CIC and is getting his file transfer now....Procan and engg are March applicants to CIC and are getting it now.

My app reached CIC in may but medicals reached in sept , so by the same logic should have gotten my transfer request by now....

Either the X factor in all of this is the background check or CIC has its own blackbox timeline methodology.

Lightsinthemist

quote author=chigirl link=topic=15729.msg493248#msg493248 date=1289491144]
lightsinthemist;

Boston submitted his application on March 23. If you look at the tracker, my assumption is CIC has revisited files submitted till 23rd of March. Next week, we should be seeing some movement on files submitted last week of March.

vsrao

Mar 10, 2009
Visa Office......
Buffalo
earth said:
When they send PPR do they mention how we need to send the photographs? For CIC application there were specific instructions for photographs but i dnt see anywhere instructions to send photographs with Passport.....those who have sent passports can you help here. Thanks!
Yes they will mention how to send the photographs. You will get the instructions when you get the passport request.
Below is from detroit office:

Dear Applicant:
Your application for permanent residence in Canada appears to be ready for visa issuance. Your permanent resident
visa can only be issued at our office in Detroit. It is not possible to have it printed at another office.
Based on the validity date of your medical examination results, your immigrant visa will be valid to JUNE 22, 2011,
assuming that your passport(s) do not expire prior to that date. The visa expiry date cannot be extended. If you fail to
provide the passport(s), your application will be closed when the medical validity has expired. We encourage you to submit
your passport(s) as soon as possible to allow you adequate time to prepare for your move to Canada. If you allow your visa(s)
to expire without having entered Canada, you will be able to reapply for permanent residence in Canada, and a new
application and a new processing fee will be required. Any new application will be assessed according to the Canadian
Immigration Legislation in force at the time that the new application is filed. There is no guarantee a future application will
be successful.
Please submit the valid passports for you and all accompanying family members included in your application to the
Consulate address as indicated below. Please detach any expired passport(s) from the valid passport(s) that you send to our
office. Applicants who send their documents by mail must provide a return address in Canada or the United States to
which their passport(s) can be returned (see the “Document Return Procedure” page attached to this letter). If you do not
have a mailing address in Canada or the United States, you must deliver your passport(s) in person, Monday to Friday, 8:30
a.m. to 12 noon. Your passports will be ready for pick up in ten business days.

ENSURE THAT YOU HAVE ENCLOSED VALID PASSPORTS FOR EVERYONE IN YOUR FAMILY WHO IS
ACCOMPANYING YOU TO CANADA. Visas can only be issued to a maximum validity of 12 months from the date of the medical
examination. If your family has medical examinations on different dates, the visas will all be curtailed to 12 months from the date of
the first medical examination. However, if any passports expire before 12 months from the date of the medical examination, your visas
will expire on the date of the first passport to expire. If your passports are due to expire, it is in your interest to send us NEW OR
UPDATED PASSPORTS to ensure that your visas can be issued with maximum validity.

ENSURE THAT YOU HAVE ENCLOSED TWO PICTURES FOR EVERYONE IN YOUR FAMILY. The photographs must be unblemished as they will be used to produce your Permanent Resident Card once you are in Canada. The requirements are as follows:

• DIMENSIONS - 35mm x 45mm (1 3/8" x 1 3/4") finished size. Show a full front view of the person’s
    head and shoulders showing full face centred in the middle of the photograph. Measure between 25 mm
    and 30 mm (1" and 1 3/8") from chin to crown

• BACKGROUND - be clear, well-defined and taken against a plain white background without shadows

• COLOUR - photograph can be in black and white, or colour

• CONDITION - no creases or staple holes should mar the face of the person. Facial features should be visible

• AGE OF PHOTO - 1. Within 6 months; 2. Bear the date the photo was taken (not the date the photo was printed) directly on the back of one print (stick-on labels are not acceptable)

• PHOTO PAPER - 1. Produced from the same unretouched film or from the same file capturing the digital image or from two identical photos exposed simultaneously by a split-image or multi-lens camera; 2. On photographic paper that has a backing which accepts and retains the date without smearing. Photos without this backing are not acceptable; 3. On prints that are well-fixed and washed to prevent fading and discolouration

• IMPORTANT - must be original photo (not taken from any existing photo)

MAILING INSTRUCTIONS
FOR RESIDENTS OF THE USA
STANDARD PROCEDURE: The Consulate will return documents to addresses in the United States via U.S. Postal Service First Class
Mail (Regular Mail). No tracking system available.
U.S. EXPRESS MAIL: If you prefer U.S. Postal Service Express Mail, please enclose with your application a PRE-PAID flat rate U.S.
Express Mail envelope––the correct U.S. postage must be affixed. Enter a daytime telephone number on the mailing label above the
recipient address.
COURIER SERVICE: If First Class U.S. Mail is not acceptable, you may provide a PRE-PAID FedEx Courier Label (not an air
waybill) . . We will no longer accept a FedEx waybill with an account number. To obtain a pre-paid FedEx Courier Label, please visit the
U.S. Fedex website: www.FedEx.com . Please follow instructions carefully No other courier services are acceptable. No credit cards
or cheques accepted.

lightsinthemist

Star Member
Feb 25, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-15-2009
Doc's Request.
11-28-2009
Nomination.....
12-07-2009 CIC app 05-15-2010
AOR Received.
08-23-2010
Med's Request
08-23-2010
Med's Done....
09-03-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
04-19-2011
VISA ISSUED...
05-16-2011
Chigirl

I mistook his cheque encash date as the CIC app reaching date.You are right that his app reached CIC on March 23rd.So it is quite possible that next week some movement for the files submitted in last week of march might be noticed ( provided they do not get caught up in long background checks ).

By the way with Engg's case progress probably you are releived that apps of people who moved out of usa are being processed normally.

Lightsinthemist

chigirl said:
Boston submitted his application on March 23. If you look at the tracker, my assumption is CIC has revisited files submitted till 23rd of March. Next week, we should be seeing some movement on files submitted last week of March.

earth

Nov 20, 2009
vsrao said:
Yes they will mention how to send the photographs. You will get the instructions when you get the passport request.
Below is from detroit office:

Dear Applicant:
Your application for permanent residence in Canada appears to be ready for visa issuance. Your permanent resident
visa can only be issued at our office in Detroit. It is not possible to have it printed at another office.
Based on the validity ..................................................
Thanks vsrao! that was great information.

albertaorbust

Feb 8, 2009
sirsmak said:
So US embassy rejected my application.... the Consular said that he doesn't understand that why should he give me a 'US visa' to get a 'Canadian Immigration' stamp.... I did explain that i initiated the process in the US and now i am here in Pak and cant just get my case transferred locally.... in response to that he said he is not bound by the law and regulations of a different country and all he is concerned about is that why i want a tourist visa and this reason, immigration stamping, is not sufficient enough!
I don't know how big of a mess I am into right now.... I don't know what do i write to CIC and explain what, I don't know if applying for a Canadian Visa is a good option now or should I try to send my / Family's passport with someone (which is basically violating the law of sending passports internationally). Are Canadian immigration stamping officers concerned about our existence in the US?? Do they care what is the entry to the US dates on our passport ..... Dang ..... as u can see... clearly... I am worried and will appreciate any suggestions!!
Sirsmak,

1) The cheapest and efficient way will be for you to send PP's by courier to someone trustworthy in US ( You lived in US for few years - don't you have any close friend here?) .
2)Barring option 1, ask someone on this forum to help you out. There are some really great people on this forum whom Personally I would trust with my family PP's.
3) Hire a law firm in USA or Canada and send them your PP's by courier. Let them send and receive PP's on your behalf (moochho Dinero!! option)
4) If none of the above then get a Canadian Visitors visa, which in my opinion you should have no problem getting, as you are almost a Canadian PR with background checks completed.

arajesh5

Star Member
Aug 31, 2008
Don't worry. You are not down yet. This is just a blip. I am sure this forum stands tall to help you. I did notice someone in your country offered to pick your passport up. Trust him. I will. I will let you know if my friends from your country plan to travel to the US anytime. I will check with them tomorrow, at work.

I go by what AlbertaOrbust suggested. The least complex way to get this settled is to ship your passport here. I am certain CIC will not look into your US entry stamp.

Wish you all luck possible. Just a few more steps - I am certain you will get what you want.

Cheers now,
Rajesh.

sirsmak said:
So US embassy rejected my application.... the Consular said that he doesn't understand that why should he give me a 'US visa' to get a 'Canadian Immigration' stamp.... I did explain that i initiated the process in the US and now i am here in Pak and cant just get my case transferred locally.... in response to that he said he is not bound by the law and regulations of a different country and all he is concerned about is that why i want a tourist visa and this reason, immigration stamping, is not sufficient enough!
I don't know how big of a mess I am into right now.... I don't know what do i write to CIC and explain what, I don't know if applying for a Canadian Visa is a good option now or should I try to send my / Family's passport with someone (which is basically violating the law of sending passports internationally). Are Canadian immigration stamping officers concerned about our existence in the US?? Do they care what is the entry to the US dates on our passport ..... Dang ..... as u can see... clearly... I am worried and will appreciate any suggestions!!

chigirl

Nov 16, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
BUFFALO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-08-2008
Doc's Request.
11-15-2009
Nomination.....
11-23-2009
AOR Received.
07-19-2010
Med's Request
07-19-2010
Med's Done....
07-26-2010
lightsinthemist said:
Chigirl

I mistook his cheque encash date as the CIC app reaching date.You are right that his app reached CIC on March 23rd.So it is quite possible that next week some movement for the files submitted in last week of march might be noticed ( provided they do not get caught up in long background checks ).

By the way with Engg's case progress probably you are releived that apps of people who moved out of usa are being processed normally.

Lightsinthemist
Yes, its definitely encouraging - at least puts some speculation to rest.