VISA ISSUED...
28-04-2011
LANDED..........
23-06-2011
lightsinthemist said:
Boston

Thank you for the reply.

Awesome news .

Also thanks to Procan and Engg for sharing their updates as well.

Huge releif after seeing all three posts.

Boston- Medicals reached CIC 12th august
Procan-Medicals reached CIC 25th August
Engg-Medicals reached CIC 4th August ( letter sent to India )

Woooohoooo!!! so CIC has started processing the August batch of applicants . Also Engg's case is even more encouraging because of the move back to India and processing going on normally.

8) Cheers

Lightsinthemist
HI..
just wanted to clear few things..

Procan-Medicals done on 25th August & Medicals reached Ottawa on Sep 2nd.
I have to delay the medical in order to add my son in the process & wait for his medical form.
You can see the rest of my timeline on the left.
I dont know about engg..but I moved to India and the process is going on normally..
I was little surprised to receive a letter from CCI, Bufalo to Indian address.
Again, it was not intimation of file transfer..it just says "No further docs required"
so, as of now, my file is being processed in Buffalo only.

Thanks!

vsrao...thanks for the info..it was very useful :)

lightsinthemist

Star Member
Feb 25, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-15-2009
Doc's Request.
11-28-2009
Nomination.....
12-07-2009 CIC app 05-15-2010
AOR Received.
08-23-2010
Med's Request
08-23-2010
Med's Done....
09-03-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
04-19-2011
VISA ISSUED...
05-16-2011
Procan

Thank you for also adding the date the medicals reached CIC.It is again very encouraging to note that even though you moved to India , CIC is honouring the application process and everything appears to be going smoothly.

Could you also let us know what date actually the app reached CIC ( March I am guessing ?)

Thanks

Lightsinthemist

procan said:
HI..
just wanted to clear few things..

Procan-Medicals done on 25th August & Medicals reached Ottawa on Sep 2nd.
I have to delay the medical in order to add my son in the process & wait for his medical form.
You can see the rest of my timeline on the left.
I dont know about engg..but I moved to India and the process is going on normally..
I was little surprised to receive a letter from CCI, Bufalo to Indian address.
Again, it was not intimation of file transfer..it just says "No further docs required"
so, as of now, my file is being processed in Buffalo only.

Thanks!

vsrao...thanks for the info..it was very useful :)

lightsinthemist

Star Member
Feb 25, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-15-2009
Doc's Request.
11-28-2009
Nomination.....
12-07-2009 CIC app 05-15-2010
AOR Received.
08-23-2010
Med's Request
08-23-2010
Med's Done....
09-03-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
04-19-2011
VISA ISSUED...
05-16-2011
Procan

Got the reply from your status . I see that your app reached CIC in March . Chigirl nailed it with her theory , CIC is processing in order of the date they received the app and probably updating with the medicals status as they are received.

Lightsinthemist

Grey Goose

Jul 28, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello friends,

I received the following letter by USPS yesterday. I have already paid the RPRF at time of application. I think it was USD455 at that time. Do I have to do anything now? Seniors who already got their PPR please help.

The letter is as follows....

Dear Sir/Madam,

This refers to your application for permanent residence in canada.

We have now completed the initial assessment of your application, and expect to finalize your application
without a personal interview. Whiie an interview does not appear necessary at this time, we reserve the right to
call you to an interview, should this become necessary at some future stage in processing.

This letter contains important information regarding the continued processing of your application.

Medical instructions:
If you have not completed your medical examinations you should make arrangements to undergo the examinatio4s immediately. Refer to the medical instructions that were previously sent to you. Advise our office as soon as possible if you did not receive these

(This section is crossed out with pen and hand written 'WE HAVE RECEIVED YOUR RESULTS")

Right of Permanent Residence Fee:
Every principal applicant and his/her spouse/common law partner or conjugal partner is required to pay a Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF),
. If you have not already paid the RPRF, you should do so at this time.
. The amount of the RPRF is $490.00 CAD (or $490.00 USD)
. The RPRF must be submitted in the form of a money order, certified cheque or bank draft payable to the "Canadian Consulate General".
. The RPRF will be refunded if for any reason you do not immigrate to Canada

(This section has been left open. NOT Checked or nothing hand written. I have already paid the RPRF at time of application)

Additional documents required:
No additional documents are required at this time.
You must submit the documents listed below within 90 days from the date of this letter. Failure to do so could result in the refusal of your appIlcatlon.

.Birth certificates for you, your spouse and each dependant child
.Marriage Certificate
.Divorce decrees or separation agreements for each divorced, previously divorced, or separated person. Documents must be issued by a court of law and include rulings on custody of any children and financial
responsibilities arising from the divorce agreement.

(No additional documents required is checked.)

Change of address:
It is imperative that you inform the Buffaio office of any change in your mailing address.

Change in family status:
You must notify us of any birth, marriage, engagement, divorce, death, or any other significant change in 1'our marital or family composition. You can do so by mail, fax to 716 858 9591 or e-mail to buffalo-im-enquiry @ international'gc.ca.

Failure to advise us ofthese changes could resuit in delays in processing and possible
refusal of your application.

We do not confirm receipt of faxes. Please fax information only once. Do not fax
and mail the same information.

Yours truly
Immigration Section

procan

Star Member
Mar 25, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-03-2009
Doc's Request.
05-11-2009
Nomination.....
17-11-2009 CIC App. Filed.: 12-03-2010
AOR Received.
28-06-2010
Med's Request
28-06-2010
Med's Done....
25-08-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
13-04-2011
VISA ISSUED...
28-04-2011
LANDED..........
23-06-2011
Grey Goose said:
Hello friends,

I received the following letter by USPS yesterday. I have already paid the RPRF at time of application. I think it was USD455 at that time. Do I have to do anything now? Seniors who already got their PPR please help.

I also received a letter similar to this. Eventhough, I have also completed medical and it reached Ottawa on Sep 2. They didnt mention anything like they did to yours. But for me ...."No further doc was checked".

anyways..the feedback I got so far from the forum was..I might be closer to getting ppr sooner..

Manny

Dec 31, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, US
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 30, 2008
Doc's Request.
Nov 25, 2009
Nomination.....
Dec 07, 2009 CIC App. Filed.: Mar 15, 2010
AOR Received.
Jul 06, 2010
Med's Request
Jul 06, 2010
Med's Done....
Jul 15, 2010 File transferred: Nov 10, 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Dec 15, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 23, 2010
LANDED..........
Apr 07, 2011
Are you outside USA ?
Did you check with them if you have to pay the difference in RPRF? I'd think you will be expected to.

Grey Goose said:
Hello friends,

The letter is as follows....

Grey Goose

Jul 28, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
procan said:
I also received a letter similar to this. Eventhough, I have also completed medical and it reached Ottawa on Sep 2. They didnt mention anything like they did to yours. But for me ...."No further doc was checked".

anyways..the feedback I got so far from the forum was..I might be closer to getting ppr sooner..
Hello procan,

Me too... "No additional documents required" is checked. Lets hope we get the ppr soon :)

Grey Goose

Jul 28, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Manny said:
Are you outside USA ?
Did you check with them if you have to pay the difference in RPRF? I'd think you will be expected to.
Hello Manny,

I am in the US. I got this letter yesterday so I will email them and ask if they want me to pay the difference. This question is for those who recently got the PPR and had paid the RPRF at time of application. Do they expect us to pay the difference?

kv_ajay

Star Member
Feb 7, 2009
I don't think process is smart enough to ask you for the difference. Usually they will mark the section with pay RPRF if they expect you to pay. (They did that for me when they asked to pay RPRF).

I think you are all set. Now question is whether your application will be moved from Buffalo or you will get passport request.

I did not know RPRF has gone up...dam, I should have paid earlier. 70 bucks saved.. :)
Grey Goose said:
Hello Manny,

I am in the US. I got this letter yesterday so I will email them and ask if they want me to pay the difference. This question is for those who recently got the PPR and had paid the RPRF at time of application. Do they expect us to pay the difference?

Grey Goose

Jul 28, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kv_ajay said:
I don't think process is smart enough to ask you for the difference. Usually they will mark the section with pay RPRF if they expect you to pay. (They did that for me when they asked to pay RPRF).

I think you are all set. Now question is whether your application will be moved from Buffalo or you will get passport request.

I did not know RPRF has gone up...dam, I should have paid earlier. 70 bucks saved.. :)
Hi Ajay,

This answer is near to what I was looking for. Still this the question lingering in my head is why did they not say RPRF received like they did for medicals. Hope they are not asking for the difference :) I dont mind giving them the 35 bucks difference! Lets wait to see if anyone who paid the RPRF got this letter.

chigirl

Nov 16, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
BUFFALO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-08-2008
Doc's Request.
11-15-2009
Nomination.....
11-23-2009
AOR Received.
07-19-2010
Med's Request
07-19-2010
Med's Done....
07-26-2010
procan said:

procan;

How much did you pay for RPRF and what was the date on your money order?

Thanks.

chigirl

Nov 16, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
BUFFALO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-08-2008
Doc's Request.
11-15-2009
Nomination.....
11-23-2009
AOR Received.
07-19-2010
Med's Request
07-19-2010
Med's Done....
07-26-2010
Manny said:
Are you outside USA ?
I sent my application in March as well. At that time the RPRF was $490 Canadian dollars or $455 US Dollars. The application fee was $550 Canadian dollars or $510 US Dollars. Since then the exchange rates have gone up. I am not sure they will ask you to make up for the exchange rates.

Grey Goose

Jul 28, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
chigirl said:
I sent my application in March as well. At that time the RPRF was $490 Canadian dollars or $455 US Dollars. The application fee was $550 Canadian dollars or $510 US Dollars. Since then the exchange rates have gone up. I am not sure they will ask you to make up for the exchange rates.
Hello chigirl,

My application fee was lower than what it is today. They did not ask me to pay the difference on application fees!

chigirl

Nov 16, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
BUFFALO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-08-2008
Doc's Request.
11-15-2009
Nomination.....
11-23-2009
AOR Received.
07-19-2010
Med's Request
07-19-2010
Med's Done....
07-26-2010
Grey Goose said:
Hello chigirl,

My application fee was lower than what it is today. They did not ask me to pay the difference on application fees!
Exactly!!

chigirl

Nov 16, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
BUFFALO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-08-2008
Doc's Request.
11-15-2009
Nomination.....
11-23-2009
AOR Received.
07-19-2010
Med's Request
07-19-2010
Med's Done....
07-26-2010
Grey Goose said:
Hello chigirl,

But, I still think it would be a good idea to email them your money order details and let them know you have already paid your RPRF.