11-02-2010
Passport Req..
November 3rd
VISA ISSUED...
16-12-2010
LANDED..........
Landed; Feb 06, 2011
sirsmak said:
Thanks a lot everyone for ur suggestion and for the 'thread' Chigirl shared... it had really good info... in that thread smiley mentioned that she went for Canadian Visit first and she got rejected!! I wonder why.... like she was technically an immigrant but still Canadian office rejected her visit visa?? strange... but eventually she got it so thank God for the happy ending.

I am in Pakistan.... and things are bit tougher with visit visas compared to India. My appointment is set for the November 10th with the US embassy. So lets be optimistic and assume they approve my application even then its taking them about 4-6 months for the security clearance and for this whole time they take you passport and keep it!.... So I definitely need a longer extension like as much time as I got the first time..... only if they had sent it to me and not someone else... Aug, Sep Oct Nov Dec 30th... 5 months are good, and now they have moved it to December 6th which is crazy. So reading most of your' replies it seems like they do give extensions which is nice I can definitely use that... will keep you guys posted...

sirsmak
So US embassy rejected my application.... the Consular said that he doesn't understand that why should he give me a 'US visa' to get a 'Canadian Immigration' stamp.... I did explain that i initiated the process in the US and now i am here in Pak and cant just get my case transferred locally.... in response to that he said he is not bound by the law and regulations of a different country and all he is concerned about is that why i want a tourist visa and this reason, immigration stamping, is not sufficient enough!
I don't know how big of a mess I am into right now.... I don't know what do i write to CIC and explain what, I don't know if applying for a Canadian Visa is a good option now or should I try to send my / Family's passport with someone (which is basically violating the law of sending passports internationally). Are Canadian immigration stamping officers concerned about our existence in the US?? Do they care what is the entry to the US dates on our passport ..... Dang ..... as u can see... clearly... I am worried and will appreciate any suggestions!!

procan

Star Member
Mar 25, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-03-2009
Doc's Request.
05-11-2009
Nomination.....
17-11-2009 CIC App. Filed.: 12-03-2010
AOR Received.
28-06-2010
Med's Request
28-06-2010
Med's Done....
25-08-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
13-04-2011
VISA ISSUED...
28-04-2011
LANDED..........
23-06-2011
Hi All,
I received a letter yesterday from CIC, Buffalo, US to my residence in India!!
(I have changed my address with CIC)
It had various sections like medical req, RPRF, Interview, Doc req etc...
For me "no documents required" was checked.
I have already paid RPRF when I sent my appl to CIC intially.

Does that mean I might get ppr sometime soon?

Raj

AlbertaGovernor

May 29, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sirsmak said:
So US embassy rejected my application.... the Consular said that he doesn't understand that why should he give me a 'US visa' to get a 'Canadian Immigration' stamp.... I did explain that i initiated the process in the US and now i am here in Pak and cant just get my case transferred locally.... in response to that he said he is not bound by the law and regulations of a different country and all he is concerned about is that why i want a tourist visa and this reason, immigration stamping, is not sufficient enough!
I don't know how big of a mess I am into right now.... I don't know what do i write to CIC and explain what, I don't know if applying for a Canadian Visa is a good option now or should I try to send my / Family's passport with someone (which is basically violating the law of sending passports internationally). Are Canadian immigration stamping officers concerned about our existence in the US?? Do they care what is the entry to the US dates on our passport ..... Dang ..... as u can see... clearly... I am worried and will appreciate any suggestions!!
Dear sirsmak,

it is really frustrating that your US tourist visa got rejected. USA immigration officers are very particular about the reason you provide on your tourist visa application. the moment you specify any reason other than the intent of tourism it is rejected. there have been many cases where people tell the visa officer that they are going for their daughters child birth etc and they get their passport back in their hand immediately.

try the Canada visa option first. if that will not work then the Bahamas like someone said before. last option is by hand.

AlbertaGovernor

May 29, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
procan said:
Hi All,
I received a letter yesterday from CIC, Buffalo, US to my residence in India!!
(I have changed my address with CIC)
It had various sections like medical req, RPRF, Interview, Doc req etc...
For me "no documents required" was checked.
I have already paid RPRF when I sent my appl to CIC intially.

Does that mean I might get ppr sometime soon?

Raj
yes now you should keep checking your emails for PPR any time soon.

AlbertaGovernor

May 29, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lee26 said:
I don't know, Why people will apply for Canada PR and wasting Visa numbers. Instead they can stay happily in US and contniue with their perm labor and I-140.
all those who were here to waste time are gone. they were there till the stage where the process was free nomination. the ones who are paying here to CIC are expecting something in return.

AlbertaGovernor

May 29, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Manny said:
vsrao, Jasper,

We would hate to lose the fantastic job you guys did with the spreadsheet. It was an excellent tool to track our stages and patterns though it has not been updated because you've been busy with your day jobs. Many of us are in the throes of PPR and may not have time to reply to this forum. The spreadsheet will give others much required insight into past cases. So it will be good if you could pass on the spreadsheet to other folks who have some ways to go before seeing the end of tunnel. Could you guys identify some one and pass on the spreadsheet to them so that they can maintain it going forward?
Thanks.
very true Manny,

now someone else should take turns to do this great effort. anyone who wants to volunter please send PM to vsrao and jasper to share the id.

AlbertaGovernor

May 29, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AbuMalik said:
Don't know how much to appreciate your help, thank you so much !!!!
Hello Dear AbuMalik,

good to see you back. i was thinking you were one of those who did AINP wasted time of others and went off. okay here is the deal with AVR, you can enter the country back in within 30 days if you have valid I94. do a search on the forum with AVR and you will find a lot of information.

Yours Truely,
AG

vsrao

Mar 10, 2009
Visa Office......
Buffalo
earth said:
Very Happy Diwali to you and all forum members!!!

@ vsrao: How much time they gave you for landing? one year from medical or less/more?

Thanks.
One year from the medicals

lightsinthemist

Star Member
Feb 25, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-15-2009
Doc's Request.
11-28-2009
Nomination.....
12-07-2009 CIC app 05-15-2010
AOR Received.
08-23-2010
Med's Request
08-23-2010
Med's Done....
09-03-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
04-19-2011
VISA ISSUED...
05-16-2011
Boston

Thank you for the reply.

Awesome news .

Also thanks to Procan and Engg for sharing their updates as well.

Huge releif after seeing all three posts.

Boston- Medicals reached CIC 12th august
Procan-Medicals reached CIC 25th August
Engg-Medicals reached CIC 4th August ( letter sent to India )

Woooohoooo!!! so CIC has started processing the August batch of applicants . Also Engg's case is even more encouraging because of the move back to India and processing going on normally.

8) Cheers

Lightsinthemist

boston said:
lightsinthemist,

AOR and Medical : 28th July
Medical done on :2nd Aug
Medical reached Ottawa : 12th Aug
File Tran. to LA : 10th Nov.

vsrao

Mar 10, 2009
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Flames said:
Your file was transferred on 21-09-2010 to DETROIT. did you get RPRF along with PPR or it was a seperate req. (RPRF and then PPR) ??
Passport Req..: 13-10-2010
Yes file was transferred on 09-21-2010. I was asked to pay RPRF at the time of submitting additional documents. Yes passport request on 10-13-2010 and received passports with visa on 11-04-2010.

vsrao

Mar 10, 2009
Visa Office......
Buffalo
rubyalabar said:
hi vsrao, i just want to ask...when you got your PPR, did the VO request for photos? if so, how many? and also is the same as the ones we submitted before- 35,,x45mm?

just want to prepare this beforehand so we could send our passports the same day as we receive the PPR ;D i am hoping this immigration process will be over and done with by december, so our family can be together this Christmas.
Yes they did requested for two photos of dimensions 35x45mm and you will get instructions on how to mail the passports.

All the best...

vsrao

Mar 10, 2009
Visa Office......
Buffalo
canadiens said:
Yes they require 3 photos, here is the link from their website.

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/buffalo/imm/Photographs_Photographies.aspx
For me they have requested for two photos only. May be it depends on the which consulate you are getting request from.

chigirl

Nov 16, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
BUFFALO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-08-2008
Doc's Request.
11-15-2009
Nomination.....
11-23-2009
AOR Received.
07-19-2010
Med's Request
07-19-2010
Med's Done....
07-26-2010
lightsinthemist said:
Boston

Thank you for the reply.

Awesome news .

Also thanks to Procan and Engg for sharing their updates as well.

Huge releif after seeing all three posts.

Boston- Medicals reached CIC 12th august
Procan-Medicals reached CIC 25th August
Engg-Medicals reached CIC 4th August ( letter sent to India )

Woooohoooo!!! so CIC has started processing the August batch of applicants . Also Engg's case is even more encouraging because of the move back to India and processing going on normally.

8) Cheers

Lightsinthemist
lightsinthemist;

I think they are processing applications based on the dates the application was sent to the CIC office and not the date the medicals were done.

chigirl

Nov 16, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
BUFFALO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-08-2008
Doc's Request.
11-15-2009
Nomination.....
11-23-2009
AOR Received.
07-19-2010
Med's Request
07-19-2010
Med's Done....
07-26-2010
vsrao said:
For me they have requested for two photos only. May be it depends on the which consulate you are getting request from.
vsrao;

How many days did they give you to have your passport stamped?

Thanks.