Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo,NY
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
March 15 2010
Yes, you can get PCC from your district SP. i have done the same.

happydwarf said:
THank YOu.

I applied with my old passport number ...i will ask them

Can we get the PCC from my district Superinendent of police, is it valid
happydwarf said:
THank YOu.

aNewHope

Star Member
Feb 24, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
As long as your PCC does not say "Issued for passport number xxx" you should be fine (then the question is how is the PCC tied to you i.e., how are you identified as the intended recipient outside of your name and date of birth).

Cheers,

happydwarf said:
THank YOu.

bibo

Jan 15, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-01-2009
Doc's Request.
25-11-2009
Nomination.....
30-11-2009
AOR Received.
17-07-2010
Med's Request
17-07-2010
Med's Done....
27-07-2010
Passport Req..
24-03-2011
so what is the waiting time now to get the AOR? and request for medicals?
my money order was cashed on April 24.
Is there any chance they reject the application? or are we gonna be fine after cashing the money order?
my PERM got denied, so kinda worried about my situation.

stevecanada

Mar 30, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New York City
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
November 2009
AOR Received.
February 2010
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
March 2010
Med's Request
March 2010
Med's Done....
March 2010
Interview........
NO interview
Passport Req..
April 2010
VISA ISSUED...
April 2010
LANDED..........
Will do, working on American Citizenship
bibo said:
so what is the waiting time now to get the AOR? and request for medicals?
my money order was cashed on April 24.
Is there any chance they reject the application? or are we gonna be fine after cashing the money order?
my PERM got denied, so kinda worried about my situation.
It seems outrageous when I see US immigration policies and denial of most skilled legal immigrants in America! These American bas tards actually deserve to have criminal immigrants who f u c k them all the time. I mean think about it that one person who broke the law, didn't pay any taxes, involved in most henious crime such as human smuggling till drugs, have chances for becoming American citizen and most skilled people's applications are being denied for the compliance of some vague laws.

sam70

Mar 3, 2009
Can we start discussing more about AOR and Medicals? My check cashed on 20th April 2010. Based on previous post I found that it take around 3 month to get AOR after CIC receive your packet. Please post your experience whoever received AOR ...

thanks in advance,

sam70

monteiromarcosb

Star Member
Feb 12, 2009
Don't generalize! I know a lot of good and decent people from the other side of the border who came here legally, have family who can apply for them, but got caught up inside this big mess that is the American Immigration System. You should notice that Many "illegal" immigrants have green card petitions approved in their names, but because they overstayed their visa they cannot apply for adjustment of status, and if they leave they country for a consular application they could be subject to 3 or 10 years ban. Now, I have been in this country legally for over 7 years and I know how hard is to maintain one's status. It's almost like the immigration system try everything possible to make you become illegal. It's not the people that are bad, but the system.

stevecanada said:
It seems outrageous when I see US immigration policies and denial of most skilled legal immigrants in America! These American bas tards actually deserve to have criminal immigrants who f u c k them all the time. I mean think about it that one person who broke the law, didn't pay any taxes, involved in most henious crime such as human smuggling till drugs, have chances for becoming American citizen and most skilled people's applications are being denied for the compliance of some vague laws.

avikashyap

Star Member
Nov 18, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-10-2011
Doc's Request.
Waiting
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
Per recvd 29-12-2011
IELTS Request
Completed and sent with application
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
Waiting
Med's Done....
Waiting
Interview........
Waiting
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
My eCAS status is changed on 04/05 to "medical recieved". Does anyone know that what does it mean? Does it mean that my medicals are cleared and no issues were found? I sent my medicals on 18th feb and at that time my DMP mentioned that I may have to do more tests depending upon what Ontario think of it.

Please share any experience around it.

stevecanada

Mar 30, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New York City
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
November 2009
AOR Received.
February 2010
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
March 2010
Med's Request
March 2010
Med's Done....
March 2010
Interview........
NO interview
Passport Req..
April 2010
VISA ISSUED...
April 2010
LANDED..........
Will do, working on American Citizenship
Same kind of feeling I have about US immigration system. Actually this country's lawmaker's guiding principles are polluted and that's why if you look at all laws, whether it is early 19th century defintion of "Free White Men" or "Sponsoring employer of H1B Worker", are designed to put migrant into most vulnerable situation.

-Why doesn't law provides a liberty to work for any employer during valid duration work Visa?
-Why there is misrepresentation that calling h1b work visa (which immediately gives meaning that one will allow to work for a speciifc duration but doesn't disclose all restrictions) where the title of this visa should "employer tied, duration specific, tech slavery permit"

C

cchabert

Ok guys, this my personal experience on this first 3 months on Calgary on finding a job:

1.- I start opening and account in Workopolis and Service Canada, also reading the Calgary Herald and The Sun, and I sent my US resume (keep and eye on this I said sent, not SPAM) to the jobs that look interesting to me. I found out that for example in the banks if you apply to all the positions the system will block you for 6 months, so remember..DO NOT SPAM YOUR RESUME!!

2.- On March I enroll to a 3 weeks course on resume writing, interview preparation, cover and thank you letters and business cards, I extra highly recommend this course, they simply change completely my resume and cover letter, also I found out that:

a) 95 to 99% of people coming to Canada even if they have a high degree in Harvard, Germany or the ones you liked, they'll have a hard time to find a job on their field because the lack of Canadian experience.

b) The more certified are you the better, here even the guys who walk dogs need to be certified, so depends on your profession get certified when you get here.

c)Volunteer here is a big thing, you'll get more interviews if they saw that you have volunteer, here is 2 types of that, the informal one and the formal one, this is the want you need to fo because they gave a certified for the hours that you volunteer, also if you volunteer on something related to your career you can add that to your resume and that counts as a Canadian experience.

The institution where I got the course was:

http://www.ccis-calgary.ab.ca/

And don't get the name miss lead you, this organization have nothing to do with religion, they talk to everybody regardless of that, they have many ways to help you, like the mentor program, I just enroll on this one and they'll found a professional who will coach me for 4 months on how to get a job in my field, how to gain Canadian experience, etc. and the better part of all is that is free. Also they gave me a list of about 500 links for websites to find jobs on each area like engineering, accountant, etc. great list!

3.- In the last week of the course on CCIS I found out by this organization:

http://www.immigrantservicescalgary.ca/

About a job fair by Home Depot, and I went and pass the screen plus 2 more interviews so this is my first job in Canada and my survival job. My CCIS counselor told me to keep looking to a job related to my career and get certified, so also I went to the CGA Association of Alberta and gave them my school grades, in the next 2 weeks they'll told me if I need IQAS or not, also they'll mention the courses I need to take to get my CGA, this can be done in approx. 1 to 2 years, but you don;t have to wait until the end, as soon you become a member you can put that you;re a student in your resume and get more interviews and also is common for the employers to paid for the courses.

So don;t just stick with one association, all of them offer different things, if all of them offer the same the government will shut them down, take advantage of all the wonders that the system offer to you as a new immigrant and don;t lose your focus.

To finish: Be open, shoot high but Don't come with high expectations on it as a quick or easy search it's better to be realistic and be surprise with a good opportunity, because it's possible however most people has to start from scratch and build their self's up, and be patient, remember that you're coming to another country and don;t expect to have the same life style since day one.

canadatryingguy

Star Member
Dec 19, 2009
India
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
09-11-2016
AOR Received.
AOR 1 - 24-11-2016 & AOR 2 - 19-12-2016
File Transfer...
06-12-2016
Med's Done....
29-09-2016
Interview........
Not applicable
Passport Req..
14-05-2017
stevecanada said:
Same kind of feeling I have about US immigration system. Actually this country's lawmaker's guiding principles are polluted and that's why if you look at all laws, whether it is early 19th century defintion of "Free White Men" or "Sponsoring employer of H1B Worker", are designed to put migrant into most vulnerable situation.

-Why doesn't law provides a liberty to work for any employer during valid duration work Visa?
-Why there is misrepresentation that calling h1b work visa (which immediately gives meaning that one will allow to work for a speciifc duration but doesn't disclose all restrictions) where the title of this visa should "employer tied, duration specific, tech slavery permit"
Why India, China, Mexico can not be like "America"?

canadatryingguy

Star Member
Dec 19, 2009
India
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
09-11-2016
AOR Received.
AOR 1 - 24-11-2016 & AOR 2 - 19-12-2016
File Transfer...
06-12-2016
Med's Done....
29-09-2016
Interview........
Not applicable
Passport Req..
14-05-2017
stevecanada said:

Forgot to mention -

- Did you check the immigration policies of European countries (exclude UK)? I can understand that it is hard to maintain status in US but in other European countries it is impossible.

- Do you know that USA grants citizenship and Green Card to immigrants more than any other country in the world?

- If you are rich and you have a big house but living in a poor neighborhood, Would you let all the poor people from the neighbor stay in your house?

- Do you know why some European countries don't need a visa to stay in US for less than 6 months? (this one is tied up with the above mentioned point)

bubbly2009

Star Member
Jan 27, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo to Detroit
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/03/2010
AOR Received.
26/06/2010
File Transfer...
26/10/2010
Med's Request
26/06/2010
Med's Done....
12/07/2010
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
1/7/2011
VISA ISSUED...
1/10/2011
LANDED..........
1/14/2011
avikashyap said:
My eCAS status is changed on 04/05 to "medical recieved". Does anyone know that what does it mean? Does it mean that my medicals are cleared and no issues were found? I sent my medicals on 18th feb and at that time my DMP mentioned that I may have to do more tests depending upon what Ontario think of it.

Please share any experience around it.

What was the reason for more tests requirement?

nomad_musafir

Jan 13, 2009
cchabert,

thanks for taking time to give updates and some important tips for job hunting. congratulations on your new job! would you mind what position you are working currently and how long do you expect to continue this job?

good to hear you success story.

regards.