Waived
Passport Req..
Dec 15, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 23, 2010
LANDED..........
Apr 07, 2011
cchabert,
Thanks for sharing your experience. Wish you the very best and more success! I suppose as you are part of the H1B AINP channel you may be a techie or accountant or similar, having worked in "white collar" jobs. I note you've started out with a blue collar job - or is it a white collar job in Home Depot? Do you find others who come to Calgary having a need to start off with a blue collar job - and then successfully move to jobs that they are qualified for? I just want to evaluate if folks successfully land in the jobs they are qualified for.
Thanks.

gigi-2010

Star Member
Jan 30, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

Does anyone know what will happen and what should I do if I have to leave US When I am applying for CIC?

Thanks.

priya86

Star Member
Jan 4, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-12-2008
Nomination.....
27-11-2009 <br>Sent to CIC.....: 20-01-2010<br>MO Cashed.....: 28-01-2010
AOR Received.
26-05-2010
Med's Request
26-05-2010
Med's Done....
27-05-2010
Interview........
-
Passport Req..
30-06-2010
VISA ISSUED...
19-07-2010
albertaorbust said:
Any January CIC applicant received their AOR/MEDICAL? Priya86 & others, any updates?
albertaorbust,

I am waiting for it,still no update from my side.

Anyone from Jan applicant to CIC who got AOR/MR....?

jackweb_80

Feb 26, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 16 2009
Doc's Request.
Dec 22 2009
Nomination.....
Jan 04 2010
AOR Received.
July 30 2010
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
Nov 19 2010
Med's Request
July 30 2010
Med's Done....
Aug 15 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Dec 22 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Feb-11-2011
My Application is received by CIC On 22nd March (included all the documents along with PCCs) still my cheque is outstanding. Is Anyone in same boat??? :mad:. Any Guess why so long??

stevecanada

Mar 30, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New York City
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
November 2009
AOR Received.
February 2010
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
March 2010
Med's Request
March 2010
Med's Done....
March 2010
Interview........
NO interview
Passport Req..
April 2010
VISA ISSUED...
April 2010
LANDED..........
Will do, working on American Citizenship
ccherbert:

I appreciate your effort to explain the all experience. This immigrant services magazine is kind of slap for immigrants which simply means, third class people, dedicated to improve the life of third class people, leading third class people and lead by third class people. It is a kind of joke which really means that being a first generation immigrant - live with immigrants, dedicate yourself to immigrants, wash toilets and deliver pizza and do these things for 30 years and when your born Canadian babies become 25, then Canada will offer then an office job of 35K and you will be able to console yourself that I washed toliet with PhD degree and my second generation can be seen going to office with button down white shirt with a dimple in tie, on the other hand, I spend 30 years in Canada with smelly T-shirt, jeans and white shoes with a job of 10.5 $ an hour!
I don't know why anybody else didn't notice that how ugly this Pdf brochure was where Din Dayal as CEO and other babulal and chedalal as managing director! Seriously, This is the biggest joke of immigrants. by these types of activities Canada is trying to make social clusters in the society. It is like handicapped people, working for hadicappeds and choosing thier leader among handicappeds.
Instead of merging individuals into the society these people are trying to make a entirely seperate class of people which is extremely dangerous for society of future. Integration of newly arrived people should be top priority instead of putting a new last name behind every name - "Immigrant". It is like developing a ghetto near a city where only blacks will live and in the downtown only white will live.

canadatryingguy

Star Member
Dec 19, 2009
India
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
09-11-2016
AOR Received.
AOR 1 - 24-11-2016 & AOR 2 - 19-12-2016
File Transfer...
06-12-2016
Med's Done....
29-09-2016
Interview........
Not applicable
Passport Req..
14-05-2017
stevecanada said:
ccherbert:

I appreciate your effort to explain the all experience. This immigrant services magazine is kind of slap for immigrants which simply means, third class people, dedicated to improve the life of third class people, leading third class people and lead by third class people. It is a kind of joke which really means that being a first generation immigrant - live with immigrants, dedicate yourself to immigrants, wash toilets and deliver pizza and do these things for 30 years and when your born Canadian babies become 25, then Canada will offer then an office job of 35K and you will be able to console yourself that I washed toliet with PhD degree and my second generation can be seen going to office with button down white shirt with a dimple in tie, on the other hand, I spend 30 years in Canada with smelly T-shirt, jeans and white shoes with a job of 10.5 $ an hour!
I don't know why anybody else didn't notice that how ugly this Pdf brochure was where Din Dayal as CEO and other babulal and chedalal as managing director! Seriously, This is the biggest joke of immigrants. by these types of activities Canada is trying to make social clusters in the society. It is like handicapped people, working for hadicappeds and choosing thier leader among handicappeds.
Instead of merging individuals into the society these people are trying to make a entirely seperate class of people which is extremely dangerous for society of future. Integration of newly arrived people should be top priority instead of putting a new last name behind every name - "Immigrant". It is like developing a ghetto near a city where only blacks will live and in the downtown only white will live.

You sound really depressed my friend.

Please don't commit suicide.

car33r

Star Member
Dec 4, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
i think it's now high time that people from third world stop carrying around this baggage of third world tag. if someone is working in usa then how can they still think of themselves as being from a 3rd world place. you have a wonderful education, years of work experience, ability to see through things but still u err on the wrong side when u think that some other person coming from a western country holds an upper hand? just look around you and i am pretty sure you will find a lot of sons of the soil in a much worse condition than the immigrants.

what cchbert has said is just the facts. not every immigrant coming to canada is as privileged as some of us here. they cannot speak english, they are stepping out of their country for the first time, for them its totally an alien environment. and these immigration services are a great thing to happen for them to gradually assimilate them in canadian way of life. just remember the first time you landed in usa, and how amazed, surprised, confused, you would get at simple things. same is true for these people who may get equally awed by the scheme of things in canada. of course for you and me these services (coz of our may i say privileged background) would probably not have that great help but in case you find going tough in canada (god forbid that shouldnt happen) what would be your safety net? surely you would look at people from your community or these volunteer help groups.

and we should take cchbert comments more as an advise, a wake up call than an insult to our origin, or our capabilities. when u were new in usa you made a fresh start to everything (jobs, cars, house etc.) same is true for canada. every country is unique in its culture and business. arrive with a big heart, a never say die spirit and i am sure you will be in a better shape than in usa. and now is the opportunity to act on his precious advice by building business networking with canadian recruiters, consulting companies and start getting some certifications. take it in the right spirit and use it to your advantage.

take it easy man.

stevecanada said:
ccherbert:

C

cchabert

canadatryingguy said:
You sound really depressed my friend.

Please don't commit suicide.
Very depressed indeed, better withdraw your application so a better optimistic person can come to Canada

pk933

Apr 28, 2009
USA
Hello there,
CIC Buffalo,NY just rcvd my application.

Nomination Cert rcved date : 12/07/09
Nomination Cert exp date: 05/23/2010
CIC Application reached to Buffalo Ofice: May 6th, 2010.

FBI records-included for me and spouse.
Home country PCCs- only mine was sent with the application.
my wife's home country PCC report came out to be "Unverified"..
I attached the report that i got along with an explanation letter- we need to re-apply for
her PCC.
any idea ? if CIC will really ask for spouse home country PCC or, they can just return my application when they do not find the PCC

despoimmigrant

Mar 31, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
WOw very well said. I read your post 2 times....... good spirit. Keep it up. Every single thing u said in your post is trueeeeeeeeeee..

Now question from me after long time.
Anyone out there who has landing in Canada on immigration and came back on AVR in last 1 month or so. Please let me know. i have couple of questions. ( not stupid one lol )
thank you
car33r said:
i think it's now high time that people from third world stop carrying around this baggage of third world tag. if someone is working in usa then how can they still think of themselves as being from a 3rd world place. you have a wonderful education, years of work experience, ability to see through things but still u err on the wrong side when u think that some other person coming from a western country holds an upper hand? just look around you and i am pretty sure you will find a lot of sons of the soil in a much worse condition than the immigrants.

what cchbert has said is just the facts. not every immigrant coming to canada is as privileged as some of us here. they cannot speak english, they are stepping out of their country for the first time, for them its totally an alien environment. and these immigration services are a great thing to happen for them to gradually assimilate them in canadian way of life. just remember the first time you landed in usa, and how amazed, surprised, confused, you would get at simple things. same is true for these people who may get equally awed by the scheme of things in canada. of course for you and me these services (coz of our may i say privileged background) would probably not have that great help but in case you find going tough in canada (god forbid that shouldnt happen) what would be your safety net? surely you would look at people from your community or these volunteer help groups.

and we should take cchbert comments more as an advise, a wake up call than an insult to our origin, or our capabilities. when u were new in usa you made a fresh start to everything (jobs, cars, house etc.) same is true for canada. every country is unique in its culture and business. arrive with a big heart, a never say die spirit and i am sure you will be in a better shape than in usa. and now is the opportunity to act on his precious advice by building business networking with canadian recruiters, consulting companies and start getting some certifications. take it in the right spirit and use it to your advantage.

take it easy man.

stevecanada

Mar 30, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New York City
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
November 2009
AOR Received.
February 2010
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
March 2010
Med's Request
March 2010
Med's Done....
March 2010
Interview........
NO interview
Passport Req..
April 2010
VISA ISSUED...
April 2010
LANDED..........
Will do, working on American Citizenship
Manny said:
cchabert,
Thanks for sharing your experience. Wish you the very best and more success! I suppose as you are part of the H1B AINP channel you may be a techie or accountant or similar, having worked in "white collar" jobs. I note you've started out with a blue collar job - or is it a white collar job in Home Depot? Do you find others who come to Calgary having a need to start off with a blue collar job - and then successfully move to jobs that they are qualified for? I just want to evaluate if folks successfully land in the jobs they are qualified for.
Thanks.
These type of jobs are called "No collar Job" and that's why these jobs are available in job fairs. Have you ever heared of job fairs at top notch Hotels such as Mariott, Hyatt and Ritz Carlton? Hotel management gradute get so excited that Wow! Job fair and when these graduates get there they have these positions available.
-Night Shift Bell man (weekends must be included) 12.25$ an hour
-Night Auditor (Weekends included) 13.5$ an hour
-Kitchen Crew 11.8$ an hour
Because managerial positions are immediately occupied by white man and they are never advertised as available one! Job fair means those Jobs are available which were NEVER filled by citizens or locals!

albertatj

Star Member
Mar 22, 2009
Then why have you applied for Canada PR or AINP dude? please do not apply then if you dont want to go and really have this racist mentality about white and non-white. No one is forcing you for this..Learn something from people who are publishing such a great articles, their experience and mature enough.. Dont monkey around if you dont like it buddy and discourage others..
Thanks a lot ccnalberta for sharing all info, it really helps..
stevecanada said:
These type of jobs are called "No collar Job" and that's why these jobs are available in job fairs. Have you ever heared of job fairs at top notch Hotels such as Mariott, Hyatt and Ritz Carlton? Hotel management gradute get so excited that Wow! Job fair and when these graduates get there they have these positions available.
Because managerial positions are immediately occupied by white man and they are never advertised as available one! Job fair means those Jobs are available which were NEVER filled by citizens or locals!

C

cchabert

...."Job fair means those Jobs are available which were NEVER filled by citizens or locals!".... For your info on the Home depot job fair 160 people show up, by the time they're done they hired 12 LOCALS! and one newcomer, and that newcomer was me, keep that positive attitude and even in USA, Australia, Canada, UK, etc. You'll be always frustrated and complaining about everything.

cooldeepforyou

Star Member
Feb 25, 2009
Dear SteveCanada,
This just shows your bias towards white people and undermining the others.
I dont know about other countries but for America i am sure this is not true. Here everyone have equal opportunity you just need to be brave enough to claim one.

As far managerial job goes , sure they will not adverties in paper because it requires so much experience and responsiblity and offcourse they would not want to hire someone who is already not able to manage his own job properly as manager in there hotel or organization.

Also managment requires language capabilities, cultural know how and attitued and manners specific for a culture. thats why its also good to have local or a person who have been raised or been in that culture for many years. not some one coming from a foreign country can be outright placed in such position. If you have responsibility to manage people then you should be one of them, not by citizenship or by birth but by your attitude your manners and skills.

Read cchabert post below they hired him man..because they thought he is suitable for it. not because he is local or anyone else.
best man for job !!!
God bless America
Because managerial positions are immediately occupied by white man and they are never advertised as available one!

stevecanada said:

priya86

Star Member
Jan 4, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-12-2008
Nomination.....
27-11-2009 <br>Sent to CIC.....: 20-01-2010<br>MO Cashed.....: 28-01-2010
AOR Received.
26-05-2010
Med's Request
26-05-2010
Med's Done....
27-05-2010
Interview........
-
Passport Req..
30-06-2010
VISA ISSUED...
19-07-2010
stevecanada said:
ccherbert:

Hey man....don't worry. Everything will be alright. "aal izz well" and "aal will be well".
keep trying. Try try don't cry.